vmk hope is gone now!

Well, given that Disney now owns Playdom, they've already instituted disney items into their Facebook game, Social City. You can "purchase" 8 different theme rides, and Cinderella's Castle (with fireworks) as well. A disney only game on FB might not be that far off.

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

It was kinda stupid to close down vmk. It was like the only kid friendly and family game for really young kids (well that I knew of). What was the point of opening vmk in 2005 and then close it in 2008? Thats only 4 years. I used to me a fan of Disney but then when they closed down vmk, I just quit being a fan and got over them. I am hopping that they would reopen it though. I also hate it how I worked my butt off to earn badges and rare items from the game and then they close it? I wasn't happy about that. I just hope for it to come back up one day. I just hope. I know I'm 13 but that doesn't matter, I loved that game when I was 9 or 10 and I still love it now.

disney please wake up.... :sad2:

~KandiiCidd

It was kinda stupid to close down vmk. It was like the only kid friendly and family game for really young kids (well that I knew of). What was the point of opening vmk in 2005 and then close it in 2008? Thats only 4 years. I used to me a fan of Disney but then when they closed down vmk, I just quit being a fan and got over them. I am hopping that they would reopen it though. I also hate it how I worked my butt off to earn badges and rare items from the game and then they close it? I wasn't happy about that. I just hope for it to come back up one day. I just hope. I know I'm 13 but that doesn't matter, I loved that game when I was 9 or 10 and I still love it now.

disney please wake up.... :sad2:

~KandiiCidd

Many of the people who played vmk were adults as well. If I had to guess, about half the population consisted of people over the age of 21. Exactly why it was a family game and fitted the Disney parks perfectly. Anyone could play, just like anyone can go to a Disney park no matter what their age and enjoy it without being taken out of their comfort zone on attractions.
I agree wholeheartedly with you on working hard and that its closing was a stupid decision.

Dear VMK users,

The VIrtual Magic Kingdom was the best thing to ever happen in the online world relating to Disney.

May your wonderful memories of VMK be tattooed upon your soul.

I made so many good friends on VMK, and it never seemed to matter that I didn't even know their real name because it was all just about having fun. I still remember how obsessed people were about those green flip flops :laughing:

you guys do know vmk was used as a promotion and as it neared closing for the celebration disney had to close it's promotion vmk has been replaced by that very buggy fairy game

you guys do know vmk was used as a promotion and as it neared closing for the celebration disney had to close it's promotion vmk has been replaced by that very buggy fairy game

Yes, we know that. It's just that the 50th year celebration lasted for one year and vmk was supposed to last for just that one year, not that any of us are complaining. Disney just never told us the real reason of why they would close vmk, besides the fact it was a promotion that lasted three times longer than it was supposed to.
Yeah, they just told us to start playing Pirates Online, Toontown, Pixie Hollow, and Club Penguin. I still want a truthful explanation for why they closed vmk.

Apparently those vmk kids have grown up enough to get someone to actually develop a game. They have no disney backing of course and are prepared if they are shut down. But, it opens tonight. register at openvmk.com slash relive. I havent made enough posts to put in a link. How embarrassing since I have been reading this for Quite some time. LOL
I got totally hooked on vmk with all the tweeners because i was playing with my kids. Met some great adult friends too.
since disney might shut it down right away, and i am so excited just to try it, I wanted to spread the news. woohoo!

Maybe not gone forever. :) They are working on reopening the game. (it isn't Disney, however). There is a forum you can follow for updates. It is at myvmk.com. You can also follow their twitter page for updates if you do not want to get into that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!