VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

We went to Volcano Bay on July 31. We utilized early entry, we started at 730am, with park opening at 9am. Based on my experience at this park last year, we decided to pre- purchase the express pass.

We caught the bus at 645am from Hard Rock and were first in line at an entry point. At 715am, people were about 10 deep in each line. At 730am, about 15 people in line.

The 1.5 hours of early entry were absolutely worth waking up early for. Every line the kids went to had at most 5 people.

Express Pass -- I'm unhappy to note that we did not need the express pass and did not use all of the rides it allowed. Due to a change in plans, We had to leave the park at 130pm and there just wasn't time to finish it all. If we had been able to stay at the park for the whole day, it would have been necessary. However, with the amount of rides we finished prior to park opening, then the short lines during the first hour...my kids would have been satisfied without the few extra rides the express pass allowed them. They loved the fearless river and happily spent over 1/2 hour there.

I called to rent the premium seating when we visit in September. This price listed on the website is $29 per day (this is the starting price) The dates I plan to be there were either Sept 25 or 26th (Tuesday or Wednesday of that week)- the quoted price was $79. I asked if there were any days that were less expensive, I was told there was a day for $59 and that was in October - I did not purchase the seating....

I called to rent the premium seating when we visit in September. This price listed on the website is $29 per day (this is the starting price) The dates I plan to be there were either Sept 25 or 26th (Tuesday or Wednesday of that week)- the quoted price was $79. I asked if there were any days that were less expensive, I was told there was a day for $59 and that was in October - I did not purchase the seating....

It was the same last summer. I think $79 might be the highest price. They always get you with this, also for Express pass.

We paid $250 for our cabana last year, and this year it’s up to $425!

Looking for feedback and experiences of those who've attended VolCano Bay with a disability and/or medical challenge? Or who've had a party member in their group or family who did? What are people’s experiences with Volcano Bay so far?

I’ve read they have some rides (in the actual Volcano) that you can take an elevator up to? Do you need to have the disability pass or visible disability (wheelchair, walker, crutches) to be allowed access to the elevator? Are there any rides you actually have to carry your own tubes up to?

Our biggest concern is the stairs. And particularly if we are caught standing on stairs for too long. I know Tapu Tapu and VL are supposed to mitigate that big time, but I've still seen some pictures and videos that looks like when you go back to your return time you can be climbing and standing on the steps for a while.

The disability in our party is generally invisible (to the average onlooker) on “good” or “decent” days. And can generally climb the stairs - slowly. But it wouldn’t be a great idea to be caught on them for long. And really, this is something we understand and have dealt with before. So we usually go into a water park expecting to handle 1 or 2 slides that require going up stairs because of this. BUT if there’s access to an elevator -- that might allow us to manage a couple more.

We don’t expect to be able to do a ton. We are just looking forward to the two rivers, wave pool, beach/sand area and just seeing the inside of the volcano. But we’d like to go in with a good idea of what to expect.

We’ve read they also are generally BAD and near ZERO options for anyone with any kind of food allergies or diet restrictions. This true? I actually contacted the dining/allergy email and though the head chef did write back and give a list of options and best choice (most accommodating and safest) restaurants in IoA and UO, a BIG ZERO was presented for VB from there too.

And the park really goes look huge from the outside and on the map. How’s that?

We’ve done Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach before. Typhoon Lagoon has previously been a bit of a highlight of our vacations so we have high hopes for this. But again we usually stick to the rivers and pool and maybe hit up 2 slides during our day. Volcano Bay is so pricey compared to TL or BB, though, so even though we're looking forward to it, we’re hoping with the elevator (if they’d allow us to use it), we might be able to get a little bit more into our day and better value for ticket cost.

We paid $250 for our cabana last year, and this year it’s up to $425!

Were you able to book a cabana for September? We haven't called to book one yet as the website still says they're only booking out until Sept. 3rd right now. Do you know if there's a difference in weekday pricing vs. weekend?

Looking for feedback and experiences of those who've attended VolCano Bay with a disability and/or medical challenge? Or who've had a party member in their group or family who did? What are people’s experiences with Volcano Bay so far?

I’ve read they have some rides (in the actual Volcano) that you can take an elevator up to? Do you need to have the disability pass or visible disability (wheelchair, walker, crutches) to be allowed access to the elevator? Are there any rides you actually have to carry your own tubes up to?

Our biggest concern is the stairs. And particularly if we are caught standing on stairs for too long. I know Tapu Tapu and VL are supposed to mitigate that big time, but I've still seen some pictures and videos that looks like when you go back to your return time you can be climbing and standing on the steps for a while.

The disability in our party is generally invisible (to the average onlooker) on “good” or “decent” days. And can generally climb the stairs - slowly. But it wouldn’t be a great idea to be caught on them for long. And really, this is something we understand and have dealt with before. So we usually go into a water park expecting to handle 1 or 2 slides that require going up stairs because of this. BUT if there’s access to an elevator -- that might allow us to manage a couple more.

We don’t expect to be able to do a ton. We are just looking forward to the two rivers, wave pool, beach/sand area and just seeing the inside of the volcano. But we’d like to go in with a good idea of what to expect.

We’ve read they also are generally BAD and near ZERO options for anyone with any kind of food allergies or diet restrictions. This true? I actually contacted the dining/allergy email and though the head chef did write back and give a list of options and best choice (most accommodating and safest) restaurants in IoA and UO, a BIG ZERO was presented for VB from there too.

And the park really goes look huge from the outside and on the map. How’s that?

We’ve done Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach before. Typhoon Lagoon has previously been a bit of a highlight of our vacations so we have high hopes for this. But again we usually stick to the rivers and pool and maybe hit up 2 slides during our day. Volcano Bay is so pricey compared to TL or BB, though, so even though we're looking forward to it, we’re hoping with the elevator (if they’d allow us to use it), we might be able to get a little bit more into our day and better value for ticket cost.
I was allowed to ride the elevator for a few slides and all I am is a tired old lady so it will be no problem for your party.

Were you able to book a cabana for September? We haven't called to book one yet as the website still says they're only booking out until Sept. 3rd right now. Do you know if there's a difference in weekday pricing vs. weekend?
They just opened up booking for later dates on Monday. I booked 9/21, i'm not sure how far out they're booking though. There are price differences based on the day of the week and the season you're looking to book.

Can anyone comment about the sizing of the life vests for TeAwa? My husband has a pretty broad chest, just wondering if the life vests come in larger sizes?

They just opened up booking for later dates on Monday. I booked 9/21, i'm not sure how far out they're booking though. There are price differences based on the day of the week and the season you're looking to book.
How much were they booking for for into September? We'll be looking to book the last week of November or first week of December. But it sounds like the prices are nowhere near their advertised lowest, no matter the week day or the season.

How much were they booking for for into September? We'll be looking to book the last week of November or first week of December. But it sounds like the prices are nowhere near their advertised lowest, no matter the week day or the season.
All i know is our day, Friday 9/21, was $425

Can anyone comment about the sizing of the life vests for TeAwa? My husband has a pretty broad chest, just wondering if the life vests come in larger sizes?
The life vests come in multiple adult and kids sizes. When I grabbed one, I noticed the adult vests went from small to xl, and they have adjustable straps.

As part of a couple who's other half does not really like water slides, will I be able to go on the multi person raft rides?

That is great. Thank you.
Oh the joys of being a single rider on a multi person raft ride - toe to toe with a stranger, looking anywhere but at the other person!

I've done it a lot, people are generally pretty nice about it! At early entry, I was able to ride Krakatau all by myself a couple of times because there was no one else in line. I was at Typhoon lagoon in August and skipped the family raft ride there, but the ones at VB are not to be missed!

This question is for those who have been there.

I've seen the free cabanas with the ceiling fans in park photos. Just wondering if there are any close to the wave pool / lazy river / splash area? They aren't on the park map that I can tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter