VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

We are staying at Cabana Bay. We are undecided on whether to do VB. My kids really do not do any of the coaster rides, body slides, etc. Would only do open type slides or family slides if any. They would mainly just do the wave pool and lazy rivers. Is it even worth it for just that?

We are staying at Cabana Bay. We are undecided on whether to do VB. My kids really do not do any of the coaster rides, body slides, etc. Would only do open type slides or family slides if any. They would mainly just do the wave pool and lazy rivers. Is it even worth it for just that?
If they can do the family raft rides they can do Krakatau the water coaster. There’s only like 5 intense body slides. If they’re ok with family raft rides and tube type rides there’s still plenty to do. Plus the lazy and fearless rivers are awesome too.

If they can do the family raft rides they can do Krakatau the water coaster. There’s only like 5 intense body slides. If they’re ok with family raft rides and tube type rides there’s still plenty to do. Plus the lazy and fearless rivers are awesome too.
DS, 23 will be with us on our mid Dec trip. Even though we all love water parks, my intuition tells me it will be too cold. When we were at Universal in 2016, May it wasn't opened yet, but was anxious to try Volcano Bay, but in warmer weather. Thoughts?:confused: Wait until right before to see what weather is like?:confused: Unfortunately, thinks that water will be be too cold for our tastes..:eek:

DS, 23 will be with us on our mid Dec trip. Even though we all love water parks, my intuition tells me it will be too cold. When we were at Universal in 2016, May it wasn't opened yet, but was anxious to try Volcano Bay, but in warmer weather. Thoughts?:confused: Wait until right before to see what weather is like?:confused: Unfortunately, thinks that water will be be too cold for our tastes..:eek:

We went the weekend before Christmas last year (so somewhere around the 17th) and had a great time at Volcano Bay. We went mid-afternoon and almost everything that we wanted to go on was "ride now." It wasn't toasty when you got out of the water, but definitely wasn't cold either. In the water, it was perfect.

We went the weekend before Christmas last year (so somewhere around the 17th) and had a great time at Volcano Bay. We went mid-afternoon and almost everything that we wanted to go on was "ride now." It wasn't toasty when you got out of the water, but definitely wasn't cold either. In the water, it was perfect.
Wow, that's great! Will depend on the weather; maybe we will be lucky with warmer weather:beach:.. think we would all love it, especially DS!::yes::

I would definitely wait until you’re there. Weather is crazy down there that time of year. Constantly up and down. We went the first week of December last year and it was 80 for most of our vacation, and we swam almost everyday. Then the last day the temp dipped to 60 and it was rainy.

I would definitely wait until you’re there. Weather is crazy down there that time of year. Constantly up and down. We went the first week of December last year and it was 80 for most of our vacation, and we swam almost everyday. Then the last day the temp dipped to 60 and it was rainy.

Between xmas and NYE one year, it was highs in the 40s and highs in the low 80s:sad2: Pretty crazy, but not too different than home, so we were prepared. Heck, last March, it was almost too cold and windy to swim. However, we are thin blooded Texans.

Just wondering how close any of the private cabanas are to bathrooms? Is there a prime area to ask for a private cabana if having easy bathroom access (medical issue in our family) is a priority?

Do the umbrellas tilt? Just wondering how much they really shade you from the sun as it moves throughout the day.

Also wondering if there are any of those free cabanas with loungers in the Hammerhead Beach area by Fearless River?

Maybe for VB Columbus day weekend wont be bad? Labor Day weekend we did VB and the disney water parks and all were dead. An employee at VB said they'd been dead for 5 straight days. Seemed more crowded in the Disney parks, didnt do USO that trip.

Hi! Thinking about renting premium seating for our trip the last weekend in October. Can anyone tell me about their experience with them? I’ve heard the shade is hit or miss and the food service is slow. Anyone know if they’ve made any improvements since last year? Thanks!!!

Hi! Thinking about renting premium seating for our trip the last weekend in October. Can anyone tell me about their experience with them? I’ve heard the shade is hit or miss and the food service is slow. Anyone know if they’ve made any improvements since last year? Thanks!!!
Going Monday with the premium seating. I’ll let you know how it goes.

We did it last Friday. Since we got the during Early Entry, only the wave pool area loungers were open. We left around 2pm, and our lounger was in the sun all day. The morning sun is to the left when facing the wave pool; the evening sun is to the right. Since the loungers face the wave pool, and there really wan't any trees or umbrellas to block the shade, the bottom of the lounger was in some sun all day. Last year, we go the loungers that were in the rainforest area, near the Ohya/Ohno drop slides and Bambu restaurant. Those loungers face the volcano, so they only got afternoon sun. However, the also had trees and umbrellas to block that sun. There may be other areas that are better, but they weren't available that early. I didn't worry too much, because I mainly wanted it for the lock box this trip.

This section of loungers was roped off, had employees at a stand, and required a wristband for entry. Since the employees were very nearby, I suspect your order could get taken quickly. We didn't have a lot of time, and the food I wanted wasn't on the lounger menu, so I got our food. We used it last summer, and it took forever for someone to see our flag and take our order. Getting food took forever last summer too. I don't know if getting food is still slow or not. Also, I don't know if an employee is right by the other areas too.

Getting the lounger was much faster than last summer though.

You didn't ask about this, but Express Pass was not worth it for us on Friday, 10/5. We got to the park before early entry at 9am. The crowds were fairly low for about 2 hours. My son rode Krakatau 5 times: 4 times ride now and 1 time with the EP. He never did a return time. We did every ride that we wanted early. We could have rode them multiple times without a wait. We had to leave early for HHN, so maybe the afternoon would have been worse.

We did it last Friday. Since we got the during Early Entry, only the wave pool area loungers were open. We left around 2pm, and our lounger was in the sun all day. The morning sun is to the left when facing the wave pool; the evening sun is to the right. Since the loungers face the wave pool, and there really wan't any trees or umbrellas to block the shade, the bottom of the lounger was in some sun all day. Last year, we go the loungers that were in the rainforest area, near the Ohya/Ohno drop slides and Bambu restaurant. Those loungers face the volcano, so they only got afternoon sun. However, the also had trees and umbrellas to block that sun. There may be other areas that are better, but they weren't available that early. I didn't worry too much, because I mainly wanted it for the lock box this trip.

This section of loungers was roped off, had employees at a stand, and required a wristband for entry. Since the employees were very nearby, I suspect your order could get taken quickly. We didn't have a lot of time, and the food I wanted wasn't on the lounger menu, so I got our food. We used it last summer, and it took forever for someone to see our flag and take our order. Getting food took forever last summer too. I don't know if getting food is still slow or not. Also, I don't know if an employee is right by the other areas too.

Getting the lounger was much faster than last summer though.

You didn't ask about this, but Express Pass was not worth it for us on Friday, 10/5. We got to the park before early entry at 9am. The crowds were fairly low for about 2 hours. My son rode Krakatau 5 times: 4 times ride now and 1 time with the EP. He never did a return time. We did every ride that we wanted early. We could have rode them multiple times without a wait. We had to leave early for HHN, so maybe the afternoon would have been worse.
We went Columbus Day. Arrived shortly after opening to general public. Tons of seating available all day in the shade. Plus. We hardly sat. So the value of our premium seating was questionable. But having a home base with a locker was nice. There is only one key which is a problem. Bring a lock with a code or combination. That allows everyone to use it. We also had express which was not needed. Most rides were ride now most of the day. Really only remember tapping once into the coaster. It was ride now till about 11. I think we used express maybe once or twice. And didn’t really need to. Won’t do that again. Again. It was a Monday. A holiday. But local school wasn’t out.
When we go back. I won’t get seating or express. And we’ll go during the week again. It is a fabulous park. Great slides. Fearless river was a favorite for my two teens. Rode more slides than I ever have in a day at a water park. It closed at 5. Wished we had more time to enjoy it some more.

HOPINGpixiedust: to get to VB mid December..we'll see if it will be warm enough. Alyspins and Soniam, thanks for your reviews! :goodvibesSounds like a BLAST!:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!