VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

any opinions on whether it would be better to rent a cabana at Volcano Bay OR get the express pass? Would be about the same price for my family to do one or the other. I suspect my kids won't be interested in spending any time in the Cabana at all so leaning express pass.

We rented a Cabana in February, barely made it on slides due to long wait for your "served food" and long waits for all the slides. We liked the fact that we could lock our stuff up in the Cabana safe and that we could join a line while in the Cabana. In retrospect would of gotten more out of the day with express pass.

When are you going? Soon? Another poster said that waits for food were long. You get a server and a special menu with a cabana.

Waits for food in the Cabana was very long as well.

Waits for food in the Cabana was very long as well.

I remember that from opening weekend and the first summer. At least with a server, you can wait in your cabana instead of waiting in the sun outside the restaurant.

I have a few questions regarding VB as I'm thinking about going next week.

How does Express work here? Is it added to the Tapu Tapu and you just scan at each slide? Do you think it's even needed?

Other than the drop off slides, are you able to keep your head above water on most of them? If not, which ones would be an issue? TIA!

I don't think express pass is needed, especially if visiting on a weekday. There is a post under trip reports that describes a capacity weekend day at VB recently.

I have a few questions regarding VB as I'm thinking about going next week.

How does Express work here? Is it added to the Tapu Tapu and you just scan at each slide? Do you think it's even needed?

Other than the drop off slides, are you able to keep your head above water on most of them? If not, which ones would be an issue? TIA!

We didn’t need EP on Thursday. We did early entry. Last time we did EP, it was a wrist band. They marked off each ride as you did it. You can only use EP once per ride.

I am a complete Florida water park newbie. We are staying onsite at Dockside next year. This is a really basic and perhaps silly question. I assume the water parks do not provide towels? I also assume we can't take towels from our resort? So we need to take beach towels from home? And to continue...do we just find a random chair and leave them on it while we ride things? Is that allowed? (We are not interested in cabanas or anything like that.)

Thanks for your help.

I am a complete Florida water park newbie. We are staying onsite at Dockside next year. This is a really basic and perhaps silly question. I assume the water parks do not provide towels? I also assume we can't take towels from our resort? So we need to take beach towels from home? And to continue...do we just find a random chair and leave them on it while we ride things? Is that allowed? (We are not interested in cabanas or anything like that.)

Thanks for your help.
They rent towels or you can snag some at the hotel. Just leave towels on the chairs. Don’t leave anything valuable out; put it in a locker.

They rent towels or you can snag some at the hotel. Just leave towels on the chairs. Don’t leave anything valuable out; put it in a locker.
Thank you very much. We are very light travellers. We take almost nothing to the parks with us. The only thing we will need to figure out is a room key, I suppose. I am assuming they can get wet?

Thank you very much. We are very light travellers. We take almost nothing to the parks with us. The only thing we will need to figure out is a room key, I suppose. I am assuming they can get wet?
It’s a plastic card if staying onsite. You will need it if doing early entry. A credit card would be good backup in case there’s a problem with your Tapu tapu

You may have already gone, but I figured I would go ahead and answer just in case.

Yes - if you mean Ohno and Ohyah. Also, for all the trap door slides (top of volcano), your head will go underwater when you land in the catch pool. For all the other rides, it is possible to keep your head above water. :)

You may have already gone, but I figured I would go ahead and answer just in case.

Yes - if you mean Ohno and Ohyah. Also, for all the trap door slides (top of volcano), your head will go underwater when you land in the catch pool. For all the other rides, it is possible to keep your head above water. :)

Thank you! I went Wednesday and had a blast. I brought ear plugs and was able to do one of the trap door slides. Never again!!! 😂

Punga Racers reopened today, changed though, as it now has new splash down pool, and it's now a body slide (no more mats). Weight limit is now 300lbs (not 150lbs as it were before it closed). They modified it to be less injury prone and able to be ridden by more folks. No more mat slides at Volcano bay, though.

I will be visiting VB for the first time with my 3 girls for a girls trip in early April next year. Since I’ll be the only adult with 3 kids ages 6-11, I’m very much considering a cabana for the convenience factor alone. We will be staying at RPR and are planning to be at the water park for the entire day.

How far in advance so you generally need to book them?

I don't understand why you need a cabana. I went with 2 8 and 10 years old and no cabana needed. Just get a few chairs with umbrella and enjoy the rides

I will be visiting VB for the first time with my 3 girls for a girls trip in early April next year. Since I’ll be the only adult with 3 kids ages 6-11, I’m very much considering a cabana for the convenience factor alone. We will be staying at RPR and are planning to be at the water park for the entire day.

How far in advance so you generally need to book them?

The cabana`s look lovely and I can see why you`d like to have one.

I`d book as soon as you can, then at least you know you`ll have one as next April will hopefully be a little more "normal" so could be busier.

You`ll enjoy the Cabana I`m sure.......:thumbsup2

I personally love getting a cabana. You get a very nice place all to yourselves. Plus they will bring you nice towels to use for the day (and they will refresh your towels if you ask), your own personal locker in the cabana, a kiosk in the cabana to check and schedule tapu tapu times, a big breakfast/snack tray with fruits and other treats, and lots of bottled water. The cabana person comes by and you can order food (from some, but not all of the restaurants). The chairs and benches in the cabanas are comfy and nicely padded. And though it costs a little more, I really like the upper cabanas better. The views and they tend to get a nice breeze.

If you can afford one, they are definitely a great treat. :thumbsup2 And agree, I'd call and reserve one as early as they will let you (though I have no idea if cabana's are getting fully booked up or not right now.)

The cabana`s look lovely and I can see why you`d like to have one.

I`d book as soon as you can, then at least you know you`ll have one as next April will hopefully be a little more "normal" so could be busier.

You`ll enjoy the Cabana I`m sure.......:thumbsup2
Thank you! I’ll keep an eye on the website to see when they open up booking past the end of this year.

Last edited:
I personally love getting a cabana. You get a very nice place all to yourselves. Plus they will bring you nice towels to use for the day (and they will refresh your towels if you ask), your own personal locker in the cabana, a kiosk in the cabana to check and schedule tapu tapu times, a big breakfast/snack tray with fruits and other treats, and lots of bottled water. The cabana person comes by and you can order food (from some, but not all of the restaurants). The chairs and benches in the cabanas are comfy and nicely padded. And though it costs a little more, I really like the upper cabanas better. The views and they tend to get a nice breeze.

If you can afford one, they are definitely a great treat. :thumbsup2 And agree, I'd call and reserve one as early as they will let you (though I have no idea if cabana's are getting fully booked up or not right now.)
Yes, thank you! These are all the reasons I’m interested in the cabana. I’m hoping we’ll be able to snag an upper level one for the view.

We’ll be visiting the week after Easter which I would assume would be spring break time for many. But with all the unknowns right now, I’m not sure what to expect in terms of crowds. I figure, either way, the cabana will give us a comfortable place to rest mid-day when we need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter