Volkswagens At Fort Wilderness

Von Westy

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to see how many with Volkswagen Campers (Buses, Vanagons, Westfalias, Eurovans) have stayed at Fort Wilderness. What was your experience like? Were there particular loops of the campground that you prefer to stay in? How did you handle the weather (i.e. portable air conditioners, heaters, awnings). I'm thinking of a trip there this year in my Vanagon Westfalia, and gathering ideas and information on how to prepare.

Welcome Von,

While I don't have a Volkswagen Camper I have seen several of them there over the years. Usually in the 1500 or 2000 loop as they typically don't need the sewer hookup. Those sites have the water, power, and cable hookups however. That being said depending on when you are looking at going you will at least have the electricity to run either an electric heater or portable A/C unit.

Just my input based on my stays there over the years. Hopefully others with first hand experience will chime in as well.

“Camper Vans” are welcome in the 1500 and 2000 loops, partial hookup-electric, water, cable tv, and are the most reasonable of all the campsites! Both loops have their advantages just depends upon how close you want to be to the Meadows Trading Post, active swimming pool and Chip and Dale Campfire. 1500 is the closest and some sites back up to a canal. 2000 is further away but the trading post is easily accessed thru the Group Camping area shortcut thru the back of the 900 loop. 2000 is closer to the smaller “quieter” swimming pool. All depends on what type of visit you are hoping for and if your group includes children. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter