VooDoo Doughnuts and Fast and Furious

nicco5family

Mouseketeer
Only thing I have seen is "opening Spring 2018." Anyone heard anything more about an actual date or soft opening? We will be there the end of March and I am hopeful!

How about Fast and Furious?

I don't have any definite info, but going to say I'd be doubtful about VooDoo Doughnuts being open (even a soft opening) by the time you are there. We left on the 16th and they had the exterior signage up but the interior was clearly still a construction zone. I'd give a guess to late April or sometime in May. (On the note of donuts though, we had the Big Pink from Lard Lad in US and honestly one of the best donuts I've had. Not a super donut fan, but it was really, really tasty. The three of us shared it for breakfast the last morning there).

Just saw Voodoo Doughnuts yesterday, they don't have any blockage around the building hiding it anymore. You can see inside, it looks pretty finished, the décor is up, the menu boards are up, looks like it may be opening soon. Got an email from Universal with a video link to watch about the opening of it. I guess they will be emailing when they know a definite date?

I'm not a fan of the Lard Lad doughnut, we ordered it once which was cool, but it's too much. Because of the size it lacked the fluffiness of a traditional yeast doughnut, at that size how in the world could it taste as light as a Krispy Kreme donut? The Lard Lad would be good for sharing and for the notoriety or for your Instagram posts ;)

Anyways, looking forward to trying the Voodoo donuts, been seeing them on food shows for many years.

I'm very excited about VooDoo opening! We have a friend who lives in Portland and she brought us a few donuts one time. The maple bacon is DA BOMB!! And looking forward to trying the other varieties also

I'm very excited about VooDoo opening! We have a friend who lives in Portland and she brought us a few donuts one time. The maple bacon is DA BOMB!! And looking forward to trying the other varieties also

We were honoured and very lucky to be given a maple bacon and voodoo doll dounut today despite the store not being open yet.........by the Chairman and CEO of UOR himself.........nice man!! Didn’t know who he was of course at the time till eventually the chairman of Citywalk told us.........

Yes, they were amazing!

Will post pictures when I get back home........but looking forward to having another in May......

Man, we just missed it. I know we have one in Austin, but it's not very convenient. I was so looking forward to getting one in the morning and eating while waiting for the parks to open. I hope they do open early for us rope droppers. We need our sugar and caffeine:) I hope they have some cool ones for HHN.

WHOO HOO!!! I'm very excited!! Sounds like we might be able to have one when we are there this upcoming weekend!

I haven't had the big pink from Lard Boy but DH and I did get a donut each (I got Boston creme) last time we were there and it was really good!

Thanks for the great information!

We were honoured and very lucky to be given a maple bacon and voodoo doll dounut today despite the store not being open yet.........by the Chairman and CEO of UOR himself.........nice man!! Didn’t know who he was of course at the time till eventually the chairman of Citywalk told us.........

Yes, they were amazing!

Will post pictures when I get back home........but looking forward to having another in May......

Well I guess they can now make doughnuts...you are one lucky Darkside Fan Schumi!

We leave for the parks on Wed. I'm hoping we get to try both the donuts and the FF ride :)

This is outside today (wasn't there yesterday).

DZORTOkUQAEQMbJ.jpg

Here’s the video if anyone is interested. He goes in Voodoo at 11:45.

Apparently I forgot the link to the video.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter