• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VW Bug urban legend

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
There is an urban legend that back in DL's early years (perhaps the 60's) that one day the parking attendants decided to park all the VW bugs of a certain color (yellow?) in one section of the parking lot. As the story goes, when the parks closed the CM's had fun watching the guests trying to find their bug.

Truth?

There is an urban legend that back in DL's early years (perhaps the 60's) that one day the parking attendants decided to park all the VW bugs of a certain color (yellow?) in one section of the parking lot. As the story goes, when the parks closed the CM's had fun watching the guests trying to find their bug.

Truth?
I don't know, but it's a great story!

As far as I know the have always parked in order of arrival. one row, one section at a time. Also wouldn't the people parking their cars know what is going on when they went to park and they were next to 5 other similar cars?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter