VWL 1BR for 53 pts or VGF studio for 53 pts?

A1A1

DIS Veteran
Please help. I have reserved a 1BR @ VWL for Dec 27. One night. I am waitlisted for VGF studio, the room I originally wanted. I don't know whether to keep the waitlist and forfeit the 10 point difference, as I borrowed the 53 points for the VWL 1BR OR deactivate the waitlist and be satisfied with the VWL.

The VWL room is larger, of course, but I really wanted to stay at the GF, as it is new and it is where I made my first trip 17 years ago.

Just don't know if it is worth 53 points for a GF studio for four people for one night. Would YOU use 53 points for a VGF studio?

I need to decide what I am doing, in case the waitlist comes through and automatically cancels out my VWL ressie.

Please help. Any and all opinions/advice welcomed.

Thanks ahead of time!:worship:

Please help. I have reserved a 1BR @ VWL for Dec 27. One night. I am waitlisted for VGF studio, the room I originally wanted. I don't know whether to keep the waitlist and forfeit the 10 point difference, as I borrowed the 53 points for the VWL 1BR OR deactivate the waitlist and be satisfied with the VWL.

The VWL room is larger, of course, but I really wanted to stay at the GF, as it is new and it is where I made my first trip 17 years ago.

Just don't know if it is worth 53 points for a GF studio for four people for one night. Would YOU use 53 points for a VGF studio?

I need to decide what I am doing, in case the waitlist comes through and automatically cancels out my VWL ressie.

Please help. Any and all opinions/advice welcomed.

Thanks ahead of time!:worship:

I'm just as curios as the next guy to see GFV...but I'm frugal with my points. And if it's the same.....I'd stay with the 1br. Just spent 3 nights in a studio at BLT so it was a little tight. (Plenty enjoyable and not complaining, but noticeably smaller than SSR studio from August). As I said points are my priority.....it's one night only so I can't even put space as a top priority either.

I'd just roll the dice and see if you get it or not. Sounds like you'd be ok either way. What's the rest of your stay like? Is a 1 night only ordeal or are you moving around a bit?

So yeah...I contradicted myself..... Final vote.....roll the dice and see what you get.

The first part of the trip is a two night stay with DD in a Bay Lake view GF studio. Yes. I feel slightly guilty to be enjoying the resort and then not wanting to use a lot of points to take me dad on an overnight. I had to bite the bullet to book the 1BR VWL room. I just didn't want to get stuck without a room. It would be great to stay in the same room for the convenience. I also really love the GF. My home resort is BWV. Love that, too.

The snoring and the space are the biggest considerations for me at this point. I already have a 53-point investment with the ressie at VWL.

It has been years since I stayed, only once, at VWL. It must have been when the DVC resort there was first built. I wasn't a big fan, as I like a more tropical theming. Living in the cold North makes me want for a warmer vacation home.

Well, we only have one more week on the waitlist anyway.

Thanks for your input. I always like to know how other people think about their DVC and vacations.

You've spent the points; they are gone no matter what (assuming you can't use the leftover 10 points in this use year). So, the question is only: where would you rather stay with that particular group of guests, a GFV studio, or a VWL 1BR?

I agree with Brian. You already spent the points and they will be lost if not used. I think that 53 points is a lot for a studio but since you already spent the points and want to stay in GFV then go for it. If you want the space then stay at VWL (one of my fav properties).

There's no harm in staying on the waitlist. If it comes through, great. If not, you still have the 1BR at VWL, so you're not going to be without a room. It sounds like you really want to stay at VGF, so I would sit tight and see if it comes through. But being Christmas week, I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

53 points for a studio??? 53??? For one night? That's ridiculous. Even if it was in the middle of the MK, it wouldn't be worth 53 points.

pixiedust:I hope you get what you really want! I would stick with the VWL, though.

Points aside, I would put 4 persons in the 1 bedroom in a heartbeat - but I'm also partial to VWL. :)

53 points for a studio??? 53??? For one night? That's ridiculous. Even if it was in the middle of the MK, it wouldn't be worth 53 points.

I agree 100%. RIDICULOUS doesn't even touch what that is. But then again I am "points challenged" and 53 points is 1/5 of what we own. We're spending 4 n. in a studio in Jan. at AKV for 48 pts. FOUR nights for less points than 1 night at VGF.

While we love to resort hop & try all of the resorts I look at that point chart for VGF and I honestly can't imagine when we'll ever have enough extra points to part with to stay there. Certainly not in a premium season. I would stick with the 1 bedroom at VWL just on the principle of it being highway robbery at VGF...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter