VWL - been a while and have some ??'s

disneyfool_1202

The countdown has begun!!
I am SO excited- 11 months out and just booked 7 nights for my family of 4 that includes a (soon to be) 9 and 7 year old. We haven't been to WDW since they were just shy of 5 and 3, so I have some questions.
  • Have they upgraded the VCR's in the rooms with DVD's??
  • Do they have free wifi in the villa's (we booked a studio)??
  • I know the studio's do not have in room laundry - do they have a laundry room on each floor and is it coin op?? How hard is it to get a washer / dryer or are they all fool in the laundry room?? Do the studio's have a laundry basket or should I bring a laundry bag to bring my clothes down the hall??
  • Has anyone used the Cubs Den and can you tell me about your experience?? How "secure" was it?? Can the younger kids get out? (I'd hate for them to loose my kids because someone is not paying attention!)
  • Has anyone used "in room babysitting" and how safe do you find it? The only Disney related trip we've taken since they were babies was recently on the Dream and they did fine in the kids club, but it seemed SO secure. I'm not sure how things are set up at the resort.
Any and all experiences would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I am SO excited- 11 months out and just booked 7 nights for my family of 4 that includes a (soon to be) 9 and 7 year old. We haven't been to WDW since they were just shy of 5 and 3, so I have some questions.
  • Have they upgraded the VCR's in the rooms with DVD's??
  • Do they have free wifi in the villa's (we booked a studio)??
  • I know the studio's do not have in room laundry - do they have a laundry room on each floor and is it coin op?? How hard is it to get a washer / dryer or are they all fool in the laundry room?? Do the studio's have a laundry basket or should I bring a laundry bag to bring my clothes down the hall??
  • Has anyone used the Cubs Den and can you tell me about your experience?? How "secure" was it?? Can the younger kids get out? (I'd hate for them to loose my kids because someone is not paying attention!)
  • Has anyone used "in room babysitting" and how safe do you find it? The only Disney related trip we've taken since they were babies was recently on the Dream and they did fine in the kids club, but it seemed SO secure. I'm not sure how things are set up at the resort.
Any and all experiences would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

There is one laundry room on the first floor of the villas. It is small. There are no laundry baskets in the studios. You will have a plastic laundry bag in the closet (with the list of charges should you want the resort to do your laundry for you).

There is now free wifi in the studios, all of the villas.
Yes there are DVD players in the studios!
I went with my DGC to the Cub's den and it seemed secure, but as I said, I was with them. They just wanted to color and afterwards we played in the sand box with them. I think it was opened to bring your kids in the afternoons, we watched Brother Bear.

Just a suggestion...I usually use one of our suitcases for dirty laundry. I find it much easier to roll the suitcase to the laundry room than to lug a laundry bag.

We haven't used any of the Disney child are locations in years, but they were always well-staffed and felt secure. We used them quite often when our kids were young and never had any issues. Our kids loved them and always had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter