VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

@Granny: I, too, like your pictures, and I lengthily commented on the ones of the pathway on the other thread where you posted them. I will only say here that a) it's a long, long haul if you have an aversion to long hallways and walks, and b) I hate they shut off my nature trail. Grrrrr. . .:mad:

Sleepy, I almost didn't post that picture out of respect for you and your feelings on the matter. But I thought it would be handy, especially for the CCV folks.

In other news, we wound up with about 5 inches of snow. Yesterday was a day of hanging around the house by the fire and watching TV. Today dawned cold but sunny, so we got out for Starbucks and to grab a few groceries. The roads were fine. The only real inconvenience caused by the snow was our annual production of THE NUTCRACKER was postponed to next weekend. This is my 10th year as Herr Drosselmeyer in the show. The current director of dance at the conservatory was Clara when I started!

I don't have any problem imagining you as Herr Drosselmeyer...though I could never figure out if he was a good guy or a bad guy in the Nutrcracker! Since you play him all the time, I'm thinking he was one of the good ones. :)

Best way to explain - my arm is exhausted when we get off the ride! :rotfl2: I do try and go for the larger score targets though.

Buzz IS easier:

p2667874517-4.jpg

At least it's easier at WDW. I'm awful at it at DL!

Okay, Kathy....now you're just showing off! I think I topped out at about 200,000 on Buzz one time.

Last edited:
It is quite a hike from the last cabin (2026), and here's a picture from in front of it looking back at VWL. I circled the roof line of the END of VWL (farthest from the elevators) to let people see what kind of distance we are talking about.

Someone is going to have to step it out and see how it compares to a Kidani hall walk!

(End of Trail is just too sad.....:sad1: I wonder how high that fence is? :tiptoe:)

We had another great day yesterday here at The Worlld! It started with a quick mini meet with Granny and DVC Jen and her hubby!! We spent the morning at AK, and just barely made our FP for Kilimanjaro then on to Dinosaur and the highlight of the day Flight of Passage. I can honestly say it is the most exhilarating ride I have ever experienced! I cannot wait to ride again. Speaking of waiting, (we had a FP), but the the posted standby wait was 150 minutes.

After AK, we headed over to Disney Springs and picked up my free Cinderella's carriage pin, and Disney Springs shopping bag. Two free items from Disney! My DH and I joked the bag may have been a giveaway due to a print error.....the bag says "Tis the Reason":) still nice anyway! We enjoyed a great late lunch at The Boathouse. We really enjoy it there, it was packed, as was Disney Springs.

We ended our evening at TOWL, where we had the pleasure of meeting Cindy @twinklebug which was so great! Hoping to see her and others tonight at Moonlight Magic!:yay:

Just got home from our first stay in the villas. We were in a one bedroom and loved it but does anyone else find the laminate slippery? I slipped multiple times and my two year old fell and hit his head on the coffee table the first day and he was even wearing socks with the grips on them. From that point on we had to wear shoes (good thing I packed slippers) I can't imagine we are the only ones that experienced that but I haven't read anyone else mention it.

We stayed in a newly renovated pop room the first night. I hated it, mostly because it's too small and crowded with the new furniture. While walking past CCV it looks like the have the same beds as the new pop rooms. It's a platform with open space underneath. In pop I kept hitting my shins on the bed because of how tight the room was. Hopefully CCV isn't like that because we might like to stay there at some point.

Hope everyone traveling to the lodge this month is enjoying themselves. Such a wonderful time to be there.

Sleepy, I almost didn't post that picture out of respect for you and your feelings on the matter. But I thought it would be handy, especially for the CCV folks.

I don't have any problem imagining you as Herr Drosselmeyer...though I could never figure out if he was a good guy or a bad guy in the Nutrcracker! Since you play him all the time, I'm thinking he was one of the good ones.
I laughed out loud at the first comment, Granny! I appreciate your thoughtfulness. :laughing: As for Drosselmeyer's intentions, I've always played him as a provocateur. . .but in a good way. He injects life and dreams into his young niece's world. We were postponed this weekend due to our snow, so next weekend has become "show time."

Someone is going to have to step it out and see how it compares to a Kidani hall walk!

(End of Trail is just too sad.....:sad1: I wonder how high that fence is? :tiptoe:)
I shall have to see at some point. . .or maybe I'll stumble across the old path getting lost coming back from FW. . .:scratchin

Hi Groupies,
I haven't posted in a long time but have been reading the thread when time permits. Really enjoying the groupie meet pictures, looks like a great time. We are activating our new annual passes in January and getting back to the lodge next December is in our plans so hopefully we can be there for a meet.

Our daughter is starting the college program in January so we have a bunch of trips planned in the next few months. All we know is she will be working as a "seater" in a restaurant. For those groupies currently in Disney, enjoy and keep posting pics for those of us stuck at home.

Smiling at all the birthday wishes ... thank you all!

Loved the quick meetup with Corinne and Dana. As my g'pa John would say: they are simply Lovely people.

Two days left in our trip. We're in kidani, almost to the end of the north loop. The walk is lengthy, but we've revived our Pokémon accounts and all the stops and gyms along the walk keep us busy. (No stops/gyms near home). I laughed as the comparison to the kidani walkways was made to the cabins. I'll take the climate controlled indoor walk any day over a wet, chilly or humid one. Those cabins will feel like they're 20 miles away in a downpour.

Looking forward to moonlight magic tonight. Doubling up my jackets expecting the cold breeze. Should be fun :)

Hi Groupies,
I haven't posted in a long time but have been reading the thread when time permits. Really enjoying the groupie meet pictures, looks like a great time. We are activating our new annual passes in January and getting back to the lodge next December is in our plans so hopefully we can be there for a meet.

Our daughter is starting the college program in January so we have a bunch of trips planned in the next few months. All we know is she will be working as a "seater" in a restaurant. For those groupies currently in Disney, enjoy and keep posting pics for those of us stuck at home.

Nutzy...great to see you back here! Thanks for dropping in to say hello. And that's great that your daughter will be in the college program. I talk to many of the college program CM's here whenever I see their school on their name badges...they all seem to be really enjoying their time here. I hope it goes well for your daughter as well. :)

Thanks Granny! I think a large part of her wanting to work in the College Program is all our conversations with DCP workers on our trips throughout the years.
I will be sure to post where she ends up working with instructions to take special care of any groupies.

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days folks. We arrived at Hotel Coronado(BTW, its a lovely place, such a lovely face, we're living it up at the Hotel Coronado, you can find it here, anytime you're here:D)on Sunday after the breakfast meet in the Carolewood Pacific room(Starwind, great finally meeting you, Maria and Granny, as always, wonderful to see you folks, Corinne and Jen, so sorry we missed you folks, alas, maybe someday).

Until late last night we had no WIFI, Tammy called at least 5 times and they told her several hotels in this area including All Stars were having issues. So finally, here I am! Sunday we just hung around CS, got lucky and saw the Panthers-Vikings game second half, ate at Maya Grill, had a drink at Rix Lounge, went into the Convention Center(that place is huge)where a Chess tourney for kids was finishing up. Kept seeing these kids walking around with trophies bigger than themselves:-)

Yesterday, we met up with wfc4life and sechem32 at Epcot and did a few FPs with them including JIYI, Nemo and Soarin. Also, we went up to the DVC lounge, saw the Pixar/Disney 3D films where the Honey I shrunk the Audience and Micheal Jackson 3D shows once played. After all 3 FPs were used we were able to snag a LWTL FP, and still had time to fit in MS green team. Its a new video where you circle Earth instead of going to Mars. Nicely done and IMO you feel a bit more GForce than before on this one, not bad, just feel it more.

After we all departed, our little band of jimmytammy's headed over to Rose n Crown for our obligatory libations and a long sit-down. We snagged a TT FP so Casey and I did the while Tammy hung around WS. Then we ate at Via Napoli and whilst there I saw Julie(horselover)heading out into the lobby so I chased her down. Great having another impromptu meet with a groupie!

So today the plan is to head over to DS, grab a bite at Morimoto Asia, do a little shopping then meet back up with wfc4life and sechem32 at AK for some FPs 2 of which will be new to us, Rivers of Light and Navii River ride. Also hope to catch a bite at Satuii Canteen.

This will most likely be my last post before hitting road in early am tomorrow. We had a great time being here with our DD, DSIL and grandson. Seeing it all through his eyes was cool, and seeing him being so in tune with the characters at such a young age was really neat. Seeing all the groupies, for long and short term, always a plus in my book. And finally, seeing Will n Liz back at WDW and knowing the struggles they have dealt with over the past couple yrs(Will lost his mom last year and missed a couple planned trips whilst she was ill, plus him having major back surgery), well lets just say, I am overjoyed that they are back and I for one am glad they are!!

So we will see y'all on the other side(the stinky side where have to go back to reality):upsidedow

Looking for advice if I should just buy groceries from the store or having a grocery service deliver. Milk, water, juice, cream, etc. Any thoughts? Anyone know how the prices are at the store?

Thanks!!

Looking for advice if I should just buy groceries from the store or having a grocery service deliver. Milk, water, juice, cream, etc. Any thoughts? Anyone know how the prices are at the store?

Thanks!!

We have done both the delivery and also just buying from the mercantile store in the lobby. At this point, DVC members get a 20% discount on purchases at the store so we just bought our items there. There is less selection than other grocery ordering options, but we found what we needed. And the thing about grocery service deliveries is that you have to be around to accept the deliveries. So that doesn't appeal much to us.

The prices at the Mercantile are pretty much Disney prices...high but after you knock it down 20% not too bad. For instance, we bought a pint of half & half for $1.89 after discount which to me is not excessive.

Thanks!!

We always just buy those items at the resort store. With delivery fees etc and as Granny mentioned with the DVC discount it just never made sense to go thru a delivery service. If we were looking for more items to prepare meals it could be different. But no one volunteers to cook my vacation meals in the room so milk etc is about all we need. :D Actually we will often cook breakfast so grab a dozen eggs at the store too.

Thanks!!

We used garden grocer because my mom had specific wants for her list that were not in the grocery and I had a few items for my toddler I wasn't sure would be available. It was a nice service and no issues but there was plenty to choose from at the resort if I didn't do delivery.

Will be heading to WDW this week! We will be staying at OKW, but will be making daily visits to the Lodge. Haven't seen it since the big re-do.

Just by accident, Luv and I happened upon some lovely scents when we stopped by Walmart after our weekly Starbucks run. On a whim after picking up a couple of basic supplies, we stopped by the home furnishings section where they keep scented candles and the like. To our surprise, there were two scents of wax melts that reminded us of the Lodge: Rustic Cabin Kitchen and Rustic Woods by Sweet Sensationals. Luv likes the former better; I like the latter. Both are reminiscent of our "home," and while Rustic Cabin Kitchen is closer, there's a hint of vanilla I don't get at the Lodge. Rustic Woods, on the other hand, is a touch spicier and woodsier than the Lodge scent. However, melt a block of each, and it's a very close approximation to the marvelous smell that says, "welcome to the Wilderness Lodge." Just in case any Groupies were looking for a fix. . .

Hey, we just got an email saying the Copper Creek springs pool is going to be closed during our stay. Our dates are Feb 22-26Th. Anyone know further details? I am a tad annoyed since ive been waiting 20 years for the chance to stay here.

Hey, we just got an email saying the Copper Creek springs pool is going to be closed during our stay. Our dates are Feb 22-26Th. Anyone know further details? I am a tad annoyed since ive been waiting 20 years for the chance to stay here.

Such a disappointment when that happens! :( Wouldn't think there is much to be done as the pool just opened.

Just got home from our first stay in the villas. We were in a one bedroom and loved it but does anyone else find the laminate slippery? I slipped multiple times and my two year old fell and hit his head on the coffee table the first day and he was even wearing socks with the grips on them. From that point on we had to wear shoes (good thing I packed slippers) I can't imagine we are the only ones that experienced that but I haven't read anyone else mention it.
Yes! One night I quickly walked across it in socks and felt like I was on ice. That could be really scary with little ones who frequently are moving fast. No problem with shoes though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!