VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hey Groupies! :wave:

We made it to our beloved home yesterday and spent some time strolling around Disney Springs. We used the order function on the MDE app to place an order at Burger Deluxe and it was a good way to get served much more quickly than waiting in line.

Our bags were delayed in delivery from ME and I had to go to bell services to chase them down. They finally found them and got them to our room about 9:00 pm so all is well.

We didn’t get our lake side room request but are happy enough with our room overlooking the covered walkway on the bus side. It is a little noisy with the rolling luggage on the wooden walkway but it is nice to sit on the balcony and hear the Christmas music playing softly.

Here’s a pic from our balcony

View attachment 368928

I did bump into @bobbiwoz and her DH last night on the elevator. A brief but fun mini-meet!

It is a little cool but pleasant weather. Heading over to MK to activate our APs. Have a great day everyone!

AAAAUUURRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! <~~~~ me having a withdrawl. Have fun. Gosh this is terrible to say and I feel guilty about it, but I am looking more forward to our upcoming trip next December than I am our June trip at BWV. I miss the lodge so much!

It is currently snowing at our house with at least 6"
Man I wish I was at the Lodge:goodvibes
Finally stopped snowing here a couple of hours ago, JT. We're sitting around 13" though neighboring areas within a 15-minute drive are reporting up to 17". Would much rather be at the Lodge!

48357170_2144440132267896_5067723524202823680_n.jpg

Finally stopped snowing here a couple of hours ago, JT. We're sitting around 13" though neighboring areas within a 15-minute drive are reporting up to 17". Would much rather be at the Lodge!

:scared1:

DH just got out the snowblower for the couple of inches we got here on Friday. hehe

We got around 15" before snow stopped, then the sleet started and has been sleeting ever since. I am so done with winter(and it aint here yet):duck:

I’m behind a few pages but thought I’d pop in for this: Did you guys see that loaded Mickey waffles are on the Roaring Fork menu now?

Hi all! I'm new to this group but have been a WL superfan since 2004 when I stayed there with my 2 kids after my grandfather passed and left me enough that I could take them to a Deluxe resort and it was our first choice hands down! Since then I've stayed at BWV, SSR, OKW, AKV, as well as our previous trips to POR, PORFQ and CS.

For my 50th birthday in 2019 we are finally returning to WL and staying at CCV!!! I know CCV rooms are in the main building, but I would love some room location request suggestions. We are staying in a studio with a tub. I know location requests are not guaranteed, but I'd love any suggestions!

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone has wonderful holidays no matter how you celebrate!

Carolyn

Last edited:
Thats the best news I have heard in a while now:D
Don't get too excited. Read the article, too, and saw the pics. They give you three waffles and pour a little thin sauce of strawberry on one, chocolate on another, and then banana caramel sauce on the last. If the pics are any indication, there are virtually no strawberries or bananas and just a few chocolate chips--just syrupy sauces. They are NOT like the ones of old.

Hi all! I'm new to this group but have been a WL superfan since 2004 when I stayed there with my 2 kids after my grandfather passed and left me enough that I could take them to a Deluxe resort and it was our first choice hands down! Since then I've stayed at BWV, SSR, OKW, AKV, as well as our previous trips to POR, PORFQ and CS.

For my 50th birthday in 2019 we are finally returning to WL and staying at CCV!!! I know CCV rooms are in the main building, but I would love some room location request suggestions. We are staying in a studio with a tub. I know location requests are not guaranteed, but I'd love any suggestions!

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone has wonderful holidays no matter how you celebrate!

Carolyn
Hello, Carolyn, and :welcome: We're glad you dropped in and hope you'll routinely join in our conversations. And congrats on becoming a Groupie! All that's needed is a love of the Lodge which you obviously do. However, I'm afraid to say I can't help you with room locations at Copper Creek since we've not yet stayed there. Perhaps someone else on here can. There is also the Copper Creek Lovers thread, and they might be able to help, as well. Again, welcome!

Don't get too excited. Read the article, too, and saw the pics. They give you three waffles and pour a little thin sauce of strawberry on one, chocolate on another, and then banana caramel sauce on the last. If the pics are any indication, there are virtually no strawberries or bananas and just a few chocolate chips--just syrupy sauces. They are NOT like the ones of old.

I also read an article and they were able to customize - ie to get just the strawberries and whip cream. Or the chocolate with chips. And, what they showed as the way the Loaded Waffles are to be served normall is with all the toppings on each of the waffles so strawberry chocolate banana fosters waffles all together! (That actually sounds rather yummy! And they agreed it was the favorite in all the tastings). From that I'd say I'm pretty happy and excited! This was the Disney Food Blog. Where did you see the other review?

Carolyn
I believe there are a few studios ending in 115 from the 2nd floor up that is a corner from the main bldg. to where it turns in...It's supposedly a decent amount larger than a regular studio and there are only a few above one another.

Carolyn

I believe that a lot of the studios are on the ground floor so unless that's your preference I'd make the request for a higher floor. I've only done 1 night but requested high floor facing towards the Main courtyard pool. That request meant I might get on the floor with solid balcony walls which I did although I knew that and was fine with it. The other request I'd consider is high floor facing Boulder Ridge cove pool. But I often try to keep the requests fairly simple.

Excited to say that we will be heading over to BRV next summer for our 1st visit...If you can please add us to the list for 2019, it would be greatly appreciated...Thank you

Just back from our stay. BRV is by far the most beautiful resort. Fabulous room, 3523. Incredible vies, very quiet. Everyone at the lodge was wonderful. We really enjoyed the Territory Lounge and Geyser Point. Only one negative for us was a parting conversation with the person at the DVC villas desk on our way out. We were leaving a day early because I had become sick earlier in the week and after a doctors visit just decided to head home early. It was about 12:30pm, and we were pulling our suitcases through the lobby and the CM said "leaving? Come back soon!" My DH said, we aren't going yet, have another load. He explained that we were having to leave a day early because I was sick. Immediately the CM asked if we got a late checkout. DH explained that we had the room for one more day so no we didn't. CM immediately said "You know you can't get your points back". DH explained that we had no intention of asking for them and then asked the CM if he could print a copy of our room charges there or did we need to go up to the lodge. CM said, you can just look at it on your MDE. Our week was wonderful, our WL stay was incredible. Just unfortunate that the CM immediately jumped to those conclusions and spoke the way he did to us. I understand that some may try for late checkout, or a return of points. Just would like to have been presumed innocent rather than guilty.
Forgot to mention. Midweek we visited the DVC lounge. A member was near the bottom of the steps bleeding very badly. It looked as though she had fallen down those stairs. The CM sent us up the elevator and when we left the stairs were closed. Hope she was ok and able to enjoy her trip. Be careful y'all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter