VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

If anything good can come out of COVID 19, and I am not making light of the situation as many lives are being affected, but in my area at least, there are no political ads on TV.

Good point. Though we have managed to politicize the disease (and potential steps of action) in place of those ads. It is so sad that even something like this is being used by both sides as political fodder.

If anything good can come out of COVID 19, and I am not making light of the situation as many lives are being affected, but in my area at least, there are no political ads on TV.
I actually did see a political ad yesterday, it's main focus was what a terrible job President Trump is doing and how to vote in the election if you are unhappy. Pretty sure it was a Biden ad. Other than that I haven't seen any other ads. I won't get on a political soapbox, but that kinda stuff makes me really uptight. Now is not the time for politics, we need to take care of Americans no matter what their political persuasion. As a history teacher, the disrespect of our government officials in general just is mind blowing to me. We've reached an all time low in my opinion. Anyway...

Still listening to DParks radio this morning. Trying to lighten my mood. Called Delta this morning, and I could go round and round about those conversations, but oh so frustrating. Probably going to end up eating all that airfare to Europe, because I have e credits that I probably won't be able to use. Lesson 1: Don't buy airfare really early. I purchased our airfare last June. I'm being penalized because I gave Delta my money for so long before my flight. Lesson 2: The longer I talk to reps the more confused I am. They talk in circles. One says one thing, another one yells at you and tells you "She didn't get her money back either." Lesson 3: Apparently, I'm an idiot and just didn't realize it. Just be nice people. I was crying before it was over with. Funny, I didn't get a survey at the end asking me how happy I was with the rep. :rolleyes:

An actual DVC question. I have a February use year. I have like 60 something points from this year that I could bank until next year, but I don't know if I want to use those yet or not. If I go ahead and make reservations for February next year with my 2021 points (so it would be completely cancellable if we don't need it), and I don't use these points for 2020 right now. If we don't use the 2020 points and end up banking them, can I have them reallocated later to use on that February reservation if we keep it? Is that clear as mud?

An actual DVC question. I have a February use year. I have like 60 something points from this year that I could bank until next year, but I don't know if I want to use those yet or not. If I go ahead and make reservations for February next year with my 2021 points (so it would be completely cancellable if we don't need it), and I don't use these points for 2020 right now. If we don't use the 2020 points and end up banking them, can I have them reallocated later to use on that February reservation if we keep it? Is that clear as mud?

You can make a reservation and then have the points reallocated from other use years to that reservation to it providing they're all from the same contract (not transfers). Member services may need to put you on hold and talk with IT to have it done, or they may do it themselves. Keep in mind that once banked the points cannot be returned to this UY, but it sounds like you know that.

At the moment I have a December reservation that is broken down into separate days that I need combined all into one. I'm holding off on calling as I know MS must have their hands full with this shutdown mess.

I'm also very sad to hear Delta treats their good customers that way. Time to write some letters, complain on twitter, whatever you need to do to get attention.

Last edited:

Last night I was catching up on my recordings of Young Sheldon. It caught me by surprise the number of campaign ads were there from not all that long ago. Seems like eons. You are correct that it's nice not to have that at the moment.

Called Delta this morning, and I could go round and round about those conversations, but oh so frustrating. Probably going to end up eating all that airfare to Europe, because I have e credits that I probably won't be able to use. Lesson 1: Don't buy airfare really early. I purchased our airfare last June. I'm being penalized because I gave Delta my money for so long before my flight. Lesson 2: The longer I talk to reps the more confused I am. They talk in circles. One says one thing, another one yells at you and tells you "She didn't get her money back either." Lesson 3: Apparently, I'm an idiot and just didn't realize it. Just be nice people. I was crying before it was over with. Funny, I didn't get a survey at the end asking me how happy I was with the rep. :rolleyes:

First - had your flight scheduled been changed significantly? If so then you were due an actual refund but it has to be a change of several hours. I can dig up what you would want to reference if your cancellation fit that criteria. Sad to have to bring it out but it's rather typical anytime with the airlines. I have 2 flights I'll be calling them about soon. Second - if not, I received an email from Delta this morning that they are making e-credits good for 2 years from date of purchase so you should have an extension. :hug: I didn't dive fully into the details but that's what the main message stated.

Yes you can. And you can even do it yourself online - I do all the time. Just don't miss your banking deadline though if you do decide to not use them in this UY because DVC isn't doing any pixie dust with that right now.

Last edited:
First - had your flight scheduled been changed significantly? If so then you were do an actual refund but it has to be a change of several hours. I can dig up what you would want to reference if your cancellation fit that criteria. Sad to have to bring it out but it's rather typical anytime with the airlines. I have 2 flights I'll be calling them about soon. Second - if not, I received an email from Delta this morning that they are making e-credits good for 2 years from date of purchase so you should have an extension. :hug: I didn't dive fully into the details but that's what the main message stated.
Umm, they cancelled the flights. I'd say that is significant change. They still tell me I'm not owed a refund, just an E credit. Told me I should have read the details of my ticket, because I purchased basic economy tickets. Telling me that my e credits won't be extended to the new date like everyone else's because I bought my airfare last June. So I'm glad Delta can continue to enjoy my hard earned money I gave them last June. I wanted to possibly use the credits for a trip to Calgary in July, but if my husband's race cancels, I'm not sure they will let me move the tickets again. Plus, even though I paid for all 4 tickets with my card, Delta gave the credits back to each individual person. DD is in south Texas and Delta doesn't even fly from her airport. She won't be going to Calgary with us if we go, so I can't use the credit on the daughter that is. I'm sure this is making your head hurt, so I won't continue.

So sorry to hear About Delta. Jet Blue changed my flight once not by much and were super accommodating to what I wanted.

OK, I just have to share what I’m going to call a premature overreaction to this Corona situation. The city of Minneapolis announced that they are closing all beaches, pools, & water parks for the whole Summer. :scared1: And, they are considering closing all the parks. This just feels too early to make these calls.

Last night I was catching up on my recordings of Young Sheldon. It caught me by surprise the number of campaign ads were there from not all that long ago. Seems like eons. You are correct that it's nice not to have that at the moment

We got the 30 day free trial of CBS AllAccess to watch Picard, and then got caught up on Young Sheldon. It was so nice watching them without commercials, of any kind! I am going to cancel it though. I thought it might have Big Bang, but it doesn't and there is not much on there we'd watch. Certainly not worth the money.

We got the 30 day free trial of CBS AllAccess to watch Picard, and then got caught up on Young Sheldon. It was so nice watching them without commercials, of any kind! I am going to cancel it though. I thought it might have Big Bang, but it doesn't and there is not much on there we'd watch. Certainly not worth the money.

I also want to get that to watch Picard and Discovery and also doubt we'd keep it past the free trial. Very surprised they don't have Big Bang! Perhaps a clause in it's syndication.

Umm, they cancelled the flights. I'd say that is significant change. They still tell me I'm not owed a refund, just an E credit. Told me I should have read the details of my ticket, because I purchased basic economy tickets. Telling me that my e credits won't be extended to the new date like everyone else's because I bought my airfare last June. So I'm glad Delta can continue to enjoy my hard earned money I gave them last June. I wanted to possibly use the credits for a trip to Calgary in July, but if my husband's race cancels, I'm not sure they will let me move the tickets again. Plus, even though I paid for all 4 tickets with my card, Delta gave the credits back to each individual person. DD is in south Texas and Delta doesn't even fly from her airport. She won't be going to Calgary with us if we go, so I can't use the credit on the daughter that is. I'm sure this is making your head hurt, so I won't continue.

Wow - that's not good. I couldn't find anything that the Basic fares allow them to depart from the DOT rules but had forgotten that once you agree to a credit that it negates them from having to do the refund. I'd probably still write them about it and see if that gets a different result. At the very least to get the credit extended.

Good point. Though we have managed to politicize the disease (and potential steps of action) in place of those ads. It is so sad that even something like this is being used by both sides as political fodder.
Sad state of affairs we are in right now, the virus and the political world. Seems time has passed long ago for a cleaning of DC.

I have CBS all access, and enjoyed Picard. But Discovery is far superior IMHO. Good news is you can watch the first two seasons binge style since you have it. Highly recommend.

OK, I just have to share what I’m going to call a premature overreaction to this Corona situation. The city of Minneapolis announced that they are closing all beaches, pools, & water parks for the whole Summer. :scared1: And, they are considering closing all the parks. This just feels too early to make these calls.
I certainly hope this doesn't last that long, perhaps they just want to prepare everyone for the worst case scenario and if things work out better they can surprise all by opening up the locations in July or August.

I've been reading up on pandemics (nerd) and the second round can, and typically hits harder than the first. I believe we're looking at fall unless a miracle happens and we have a vaccine, although I thought they said 12-18 months was the timeframe. Seriously considering cancelling my December trip and just reallocating my points to 2021, but will wait to see.

I certainly hope this doesn't last that long, perhaps they just want to prepare everyone for the worst case scenario and if things work out better they can surprise all by opening up the locations in July or August.

I've been reading up on pandemics (nerd) and the second round can, and typically hits harder than the first. I believe we're looking at fall unless a miracle happens and we have a vaccine, although I thought they said 12-18 months was the timeframe. Seriously considering cancelling my December trip and just reallocating my points to 2021, but will wait to see.

I tend to agree that it will be at least until Fall until we see everything back open and running. As for the vaccine, that might be closing the barn door after the horses get out. What I'm hearing from the medical field is a 12-18 month timeframe as well. Hopefully the treatments will continue to show promise and allow for much faster response and much lower mortality rates.

We moved our May trip back to September, but I think that is optimistic. Unfortunately, they are points that have to be used by the end of September per current rules.

I pray that all Groupies and their families are doing well as we enter into Holy Week. Blessings to all of you.

I have CBS all access, and enjoyed Picard. But Discovery is far superior IMHO. Good news is you can watch the first two seasons binge style since you have it. Highly recommend.
Thanks for the recommendation. We will watch Discovery and then decide. Finally got caught up on Agents of Shield so 2 seasons of Discovery will be our next binge. :)

Not to be a downer, but I feel the need to share. My parents to a degree still feel this isn't as serious as media is making it to be, and I fault the media to a degree as so much leading up to this time in our lives you could only take the media with a grain of salt, so to speak. My share is this, our DD told us last night about a lady she works with who knows 5 thirty something ladies from her church from Greensboro, NC, the next big town close to us, who went out 2 weeks ago to eat. All 5 now have Corona Virus, 2 are at home recovering, 1 still in hospital, 2 will not make it their families were told. All were considered healthy.

this is sooo scary and tragic. A 30 yr old man with no underlying health conditions died in Dallas county today. It is honestly hard to wrap your mind around.

One of the folks I mentioned who had a meeting with other folks from his church passed away from the virus, and a friends aunt died from it the other day. It hits home when you start to know people directly affected.

Stay well may groupie friends and family. If I dont say it enough, I love you folks and many of you I have drawn close to in recent years. You make my day a little brighter each morning by sharing your lives with me. It makes going to work more bearable and I love seeing posts in the evenings after home too. This goes beyond our love for Lodge. I feel so honored to be a part of this group!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter