VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Stay well may groupie friends and family. If I dont say it enough, I love you folks and many of you I have drawn close to in recent years. You make my day a little brighter each morning by sharing your lives with me. It makes going to work more bearable and I love seeing posts in the evenings after home too. This goes beyond our love for Lodge. I feel so honored to be a part of this group!

Very well said JT. This thread is the bright spot on the internet for me too. It cheers me up to see posts here as opposed to all the news out there.
If there's no groupie opposition to it, I will start digging through my collections of pics and posting some fun images of Disney from prior years. No guarantee it will all be WL based. Maybe we could all find and post images with a story to tell. What do you think?

Love to all. Stay in touch, but from 6 feet please. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation. We will watch Discovery and then decide. Finally got caught up on Agents of Shield so 2 seasons of Discovery will be our next binge. :)
So, Discovery happens before the original Star Trek series and in the alternate Star Trek timeline. Storyline is fabulous and you get to meet some historical characters when they were younger. You’ll love it!

Also, if you recall the original series was a five year mission. But it was cancelled before completion. Now, imagine a fan base that buys the original Desilu studios set plans, rebuilds the set and finishes the five year mission out of pure love of the series. And the result is this:

https://www.startrekcontinues.com/episodes.html
And, it looks exactly like the original with sound effects and great stories. It’s amazing that some folks did this. Watchable online.

If there's no groupie opposition to it, I will start digging through my collections of pics and posting some fun images of Disney from prior years. No guarantee it will all be WL based. Maybe we could all find and post images with a story to tell. What do you think?
I love this idea!!

p172782471-4.jpg

Wow - that's not good. I couldn't find anything that the Basic fares allow them to depart from the DOT rules but had forgotten that once you agree to a credit that it negates them from having to do the refund. I'd probably still write them about it and see if that gets a different result. At the very least to get the credit extended.
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I found some interesting documents on the DOT page last night. One was dated April 3 to all airlines. It basically says that customers are entitled to a refund, even if tickets were not refundable. I will call Delta again when I get all my documentation in order. Apparently the DOT is getting numerous complaints.

AFCA547A-BA66-4425-BE01-8A167A7059B1.jpeg
Tammy had the rare opportunity to meet one of her all time favorites from her High School days when the singer from Air Supply was coming out into the crowd during the F and W fest in Oct 2015. She was being her usual shy self but I urged her to get up and get a hug. I think she is glad she did!

Last edited:
So, Discovery happens before the original Star Trek series and in the alternate Star Trek timeline. Storyline is fabulous and you get to meet some historical characters when they were younger. You’ll love it!

Also, if you recall the original series was a five year mission. But it was cancelled before completion. Now, imagine a fan base that buys the original Desilu studios set plans, rebuilds the set and finishes the five year mission out of pure love of the series. And the result is this:

https://www.startrekcontinues.com/episodes.html
And, it looks exactly like the original with sound effects and great stories. It’s amazing that some folks did this. Watchable online.
Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!