VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Here now - some thoughts - rooms have been great and super clean, no issues there...parks were definitely more crowded on Friday - Monday but Tuesday thru Today have been great...I miss park hopping! Lines for rides are long but they move quickly - there’s hand sanitizer stands all over the place - which is great....most are wearing their masks but a few have a tendency to pull down under their noses...and lastly, I feel so bad for men who have great big bushy beards - wearing a mask must be 1000 times worse than for everyone else!

Anybody else going in December? We are finally going to be there in December when there is usually big groupie meets. I know there won’t be but hoping some might be. We just extended our trip to December 5th. We are going on 11/28.

Anybody else going in December? We are finally going to be there in December when there is usually big groupie meets. I know there won’t be but hoping some might be. We just extended our trip to December 5th. We are going on 11/28.

We will be at HHI Dec 1-3, VGF Dec 3-5, then VWL 5-10. We do have park reservations because our AP’s are active, but don’t feel we have to go into parks if we don’t feel safe. We do have a lunch date with Meriweather at Brown Derby on the 9th.

We have an Epcot Park plan for arrival date on 3rd, but staying at GF, or heading to WL and meeting Groupies would be preferable!

Bobbi

We will be there for Thanksgiving week, but will be sticking close to our 2-bedroom "home". That means a LOT of cooking for Mama in the room :0 That is OK- but cannot locate a current list of kitchen equipment that is supplied. Miss those DVC yearly catalogs of yore.... anyway- can anyone of you LOVERS help me find what I am looking for?

We will be there for Thanksgiving week, but will be sticking close to our 2-bedroom "home". That means a LOT of cooking for Mama in the room :0 That is OK- but cannot locate a current list of kitchen equipment that is supplied. Miss those DVC yearly catalogs of yore.... anyway- can anyone of you LOVERS help me find what I am looking for?

Lodgelady...we have never really cooked on vacation so I'm not sure what the cooking supplies look like, though it seems to me that they have a pretty good variety of pots, pans and such. I think the information is supposed to be on the Member web site but I wasn't able to locate it. I think someone will come around and have that list for you. Enjoy your planning for your trip! :)

We didn’t cook this time around but IIRC, One Bedrooms have 1 small sauce pan, one larger sauce pan, a skillet, roasting pan, a couple mixing bowls, a glass casserole or 2, a colander and a variety of utensils...With dishes and flatware for 8...hope this helps

The following items are provided in Disney Vacation Club
One-Bedroom Villas Kitchens and Closets.
(Items with ** are available upon request.)
IN THE KITCHEN CABINETS

Dinner Plates – 8
Salad Plates – 8
Cereal Bowls – 8
Coffee Mugs – 8
Platter – 1
Vegetable Bowl – 1
Creamer/Sugar Bowl Set
Salad Serving Bowl – 1
Juice Glasses – 8
Water Glasses – 8
Wine Glasses – 8
Pitcher – 1
Colander – 1
Sieve – 1
Cheese Grater – 1
3 Rubbermaid Containers for Storage
Cookie Sheet
Oblong 3 Qt Dish – 1 (13×9)
Serrated Bread Knife
Paring Knife
Roast Slicer
2 Quart Covered Casserole – 1
3 piece Mixing Bowl Set
Plastic Measuring Cups
Plastic Measuring Spoons
Cutting Board
Wastebasket
3 Packets Dishwasher Detergent
Extra Roll of Paper Towels
Fire Extinguisher
ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER

Wicker Sugar Basket – 1
12-cup Coffee Maker
Small Bottle Dish Detergent
Pot Holders – 2
Dish Towel
Sponge
Toaster
Dish Drainer
Ice Bucket
** Electric Mixer
** Blender

IN THE KITCHEN DRAWERS

Solid Serving Spoons – 2
Serving Fork – 1
Tablespoons – 2
Dinner Forks – 8
Salad Forks – 8
Dinner Knives – 8
Steak Knives – 8
Soup Spoons – 8
Teaspoons – 8
Cutlery Tray – 1
Vegetable Peeler – 1
Bottle Opener/Corkscrew – 1
Set Measuring Spoons
Tongs – 1 plastic for salad, 1 metal
Soup Ladle
Hand Can Opener
Pancake Turner
Slotted Spoon
OTHER ACCESSORIES

Vacuum Cleaner
Iron and Ironing board
Broom
Dust Pan
Brush
Ice Cube Tray in Fridge
Tea Kettle on Stovetop
Broiler Pan in Oven
Cookware Set in Oven Lower Drawer
–1 small skillet
–1 medium skillet
–1 small pan with lid
–1 6 qt. pot with lid

I know you asked for current, but I figured that maybe it hasn't changed too much? This list is from my trip notes from 2014. I know that there is not always a bottle opener or corkscrew because I remember putting those on my packing list. (we drove) My son-in-law made us a delicious breakfast frittata and he had everything he needed. Maybe someone can amend my list. I remember there was no salt and pepper. We had to go to Roaring Fork to get the little packets
Kitchen:
Beverage Glasses 8
Broiler Pan
Cereal Bowls 8
Coffee (not sure if there is decaf or tea)
Coffee Maker
Coffee Mugs 8
Colander
Cookie Sheet
Cookware Set 11 piece
Covered 2 Quart Casserole
Creamer/Sugar Bowl Set
Cutting Board
Dinner Plates 8
Dish Drainer
Dish Towel
Dish Detergent
Dishwashing Soap
Grater
Ice Bucket
Juice Glasses 8
Measuring Cup
Mixing Bowl - 3 piece set
Oblong 3 Quart Dish
Pitcher
Platter
Pot Holders 2
Recycle Basket
Salad Bowl
Salad Plates 8
Storate Containers 3
Tea Kettle
Toaster
Vegetable Bowl
Wastebasket
Wine Glasses 8

Kitchen Drawers:
Bottle Opener
Bread Knife
Can Opener
Corkscrew
Cutlery Tray
Dinner Forks 8
Dinner Knives 8
Measuring Spoon set
Paring Knife
Roaster Slicer
Salad Forks 8
Serving Fork
Slotted Spoon
Serving Spoon
Soup Ladle
Soup Spoons 8
Spatula
Sponge
Steak Knives 8
Tablespoons 2
Teaspoons 8
Tongs 1
Vegetable Peeler
Whisk

We stayed at Kidani last week. Neat place, but really lacking on food options right now. Thankfully we visited Geyser point for Dinner on our Magic Kingdom day. I noticed the Bison statues were missing. Hopefully just taken out for some sprucing up off site. Sort of felt guilty eating the Bison burger, lol.
Wish I could find some of the hanging lamps like at Wilderness lodge for sale somewhere.

We stayed at Kidani last week. Neat place, but really lacking on food options right now. Thankfully we visited Geyser point for Dinner on our Magic Kingdom day. I noticed the Bison statues were missing. Hopefully just taken out for some sprucing up off site. Sort of felt guilty eating the Bison burger, lol.
Wish I could find some of the hanging lamps like at Wilderness lodge for sale somewhere.
The teepee chandeliers? There are some out on the web, but be forewarned, they run $1,700 - $4,000

The teepee chandeliers? There are some out on the web, but be forewarned, they run $1,700 - $4,000
No....I'd need a bigger house.
The ones on the poles as you go up the walk way from the boats to geyser point. They are about 1 foot square. Those are fairly simple. Also the ones in the hallway from the lobby to the quick service place, similar but different design.

No....I'd need a bigger house.
The ones on the poles as you go up the walk way from the boats to geyser point. They are about 1 foot square. Those are fairly simple. Also the ones in the hallway from the lobby to the quick service place, similar but different design.
Ah, yes, I love those too. At one point I had looked them up and while the actual ones at Disney rarely become available there are a few companies that come close with the rustic, boxy design and critters/trees on them.

The funniest one I had overheard anyone ask about were the glass flame sculptures in the lobby of Kidani. A man was asking the store clerk where he could buy similar/smaller ones for his home. 🤣 Those are commissioned pieces of art by Chihuly, he and his team create all the glass for the Disney cruise line chandeliers as well as a few locations on site (SSR and Kidani). You'd be hard pressed to find anything similar.

Ah, yes, I love those too. At one point I had looked them up and while the actual ones at Disney rarely become available there are a few companies that come close with the rustic, boxy design and critters/trees on them.

The funniest one I had overheard anyone ask about were the glass flame sculptures in the lobby of Kidani. A man was asking the store clerk where he could buy similar/smaller ones for his home. 🤣 Those are commissioned pieces of art by Chihuly, he and his team create all the glass for the Disney cruise line chandeliers as well as a few locations on site (SSR and Kidani). You'd be hard pressed to find anything similar.
bah, I have two glass blowing places locally. I play hockey with a guy that owns one.....I'll just have to challenge him to make one. I'll have to phrase the bet just right.

I'm thinking I might have to steal my wife's cricut machine and figure out a way to copy the lamps with the little owls on them. Our friends already think we are nuts to for doing a "purple wall" in our laundry room. We might as well remove all doubt.

Sad news for us Lodge lovers. Saw where Wonders of the Lodge tour is being discontinued because of the cutbacks. One more thing Ranger Stan had a hand in developing is falling by the way. Glad we got to do it with him but imagine the Rangers now (if they are still there) are sad to see it go.

Sad news for us Lodge lovers. Saw where Wonders of the Lodge tour is being discontinued because of the cutbacks. One more thing Ranger Stan had a hand in developing is falling by the way. Glad we got to do it with him but imagine the Rangers now (if they are still there) are sad to see it go.
I was so sad when I saw about this. It's hard to see these kind of things go.

Seems to me that tour has stopped and started a couple of times the past few years. Kind of like Flag Family.

Hopefully this is just a short term thing until the “new normal” comes into existence. It’s a low cost (to Disney) service that many have enjoyed over the years.

still...it’s hard to see it discontinued.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter