• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

VWL room question

maddiemom

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran/DVC member<br><font c
I have been to VWL to see the rooms but have not yet stayed there. Our first trip is coming up in October and I am trying to get prepared. We are staying in a two bedroom villa. My sister, her husband and their two kids will be staying in the room with the two queen beds. My DH, myself and our almost 4 yo will be in the King room. We would like to get as good a nights sleep as we can so we are well rested to do the parks etc. However, our DD is a restless sleeper (kicking, turning the wrong way...I have even gotten a foot in the face before sleeping with her!!) We have a king bed at home and there just isn't enough room in it for the three of us because of her wild ways!!! My question is.....is there enough room on the floor to fit a full size air mattress? (we already have one). If there is we might all rest easier!!!

If you're in a two bedroom, you also have the living room which has a queen size sofa sleeper; you could either use that or put the air mattress in there for your DD.

If you really want your DD in the bedroom with you(I know mine would never have slept alone in a strange room at age 4) there should be enough room in the master bedroom. You may have to move some furniture around a bit, but just small stuff like chairs.

How about letting your DD and her wonderful cousins sleep on the pull out in the living room. It would be like they were "camping out". Then, all of the adults would get their much needed rest. You may need to move her in the morning. I hear her cousins are early risers ( the time difference may help a little with that). :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

That is a great idea benhannah's mom. I am not sure how much sleeping would be going on though.
Her cousins are early to bed...early to rise and DD is stay up all night if given the opportunity....wake up when everyone else does. I am up for anything though....and it would mean not having to carry that mattress with us on the plane!!;) ;) :jester:

Could you use the couch cushions to make a "mattress" for her on the floor of your room so that she is nearby but not crowding you out of bed? I know it would mean extra lugging but maybe you have a light sleeping bag you could take. Or, maybe one of the cousins could sleep on the pull-out couch and she could stay in the other room with the other cousin.

There is a walk in closet off the hot tub area that I think would fit a kids pad. Our one year old slept there in her crib last year and it worked great. Bring a battery touch night light and she can feel like she is camping out in her own mini room.

I don't think there is enough room for a full-sized air mattress at VWL possibly a twin mattress. Would she fit in the pack and play??? I only ask because my 3 year old who is large for her age loves to sleep in that when we are on vacation!! She sleeps in a full size bed at home andhas since she was 18 months but thinks the pack and play is great on vacation!!!

Could she fall asleep in your bed and then move her to the pull out sofa when your ready for bed? The rooms at VWL are smaller than OKW and the living room really isn't that far from the master bed. I was concerned about that also. AT OKW there is more room between MBR and living room, not so at VWL.

Wishing you the best and have a wonderful time!!

hi: another solution my youngest teen had during one of our bwv stays was to take the couch cushions and make a "nest" in the jacuzzi tub. it worked really well until the night he stretched out his foot at 2 am and turned the water on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter