W.I.S.H - A July to Remember

Ones I feel I am doing are -
  • awareness - I am aware of the importance of it
  • curiosity & exploration - I am definitely interested in recipes, strategies, the benefits, new approaches
Things I need to start doing are
  • Working on my physical condition - this is just such a hard one for me - I just have such a road block mentality about it.
  • Choices - definitely need to be making different choices in relation to food and exercise
  • Community - similar to you @Oneanne I can feel a little isolated at times - even though I do have a couple of good friends here on the coast - we don't catch up as much as we would like but between everyone working, children and their activities - it is hard to find that time - but when we do we enjoy it so much and say we need to do it more often but then a couple of months go by again easily

OMG that is fantastic - I don't think I've ever seen that :rotfl:
Yes I definitely eat my stress!
I am sure there is - but I haven't found one that replaces it satisfactorily yet :oops:

Yes it is isn't it? One minute I was reading a book on the couch then at first it was like the bottom of the book was waving and bits of the writing was disapearing - then the silver zig-zag arrived. Thanks to DS14 googling it for me - I was able to mostly get the anxiety about it under control.

You poor thing I have noticed how quiet it has been - You have been doing an AMAZING job hosting with great questions for us - when we do find the time to check-in.

Oh me to!! My mum really wants to see it also - I am hoping DD will be feeling up to a movie on Saturday and we can all go together for some fun.

Feel better - DS14 made it to school for first day after break and came home that night with sore throat, headache body and belly aches! We are now on his 3rd day off school - hopefully he will get back tomorrow - I told him STAY AWAY FROM YOUR SISTER!! the last thing she needed was to catch it on top of recovering from her surgery. Speaking of which that is my WOOHOO - I really feel like we have turned a corner last night/today - she was been able to eat macaroni and cheese and wanted Macca's hotcakes for lunch today and got through one and half - and she said she feels like she could have a go at more things but it may just take her extra time - phew! So now just need to plan some meals accordingly that can start to get more nutrients in her than jelly, ice-cream and custard! She hasn't asked for pain relief in over 24 hours now.

Thanks @4Mickeys ... it has been pretty darn quiet this month, hopefully it's because folks are out doing healthy things.

THURSDAY TOPIC: Doing the next more difficult thing.

This really clicked with me when I read it, because I feel like I don't do it. Mostly I do what I want to do, what's fun or interesting - not necessarily what's challenging. In regards to weight loss, if I was to challenge myself I think the next more difficult thing would be going back to Pilates sooner than I was planning, when I still have some restricted movement due to the extra weight, and really making my mind and body work at it. I'd say I'm pretty self indulgent, but not very self-forgiving... oh boy, something else to work on! And I'm definitely going to adopt the practice mindset... I'm practicing healthy living, which means I'm going to get it wrong now and then, and then I'll get better at it.

I'm home for a while. And I must say it is lovely to sleep in my own bed! Yesterday I walked 21,000 steps. I was so tired!! DH said I fell right asleep (I knew that!); he was awake because on his bike ride he was stung by a bee right between the eyes!! :earseek:

Tomorrow starts a very long, busy weekend. The entire family will be volunteering at an event the entire time! yikes. I'm about to make a spaghetti sauce with lots of mushrooms because I really need to use them up! We'll have that tomorrow, at some point. I'm hoping DH can bring it to DS and I when he starts his short shift at 5:00 PM or maybe we'll all just eat dinner around 8:00. For Saturday I've got a pork roast thawing. I'll throw that and a jar of salsa verde in the crockpot and maybe someone will be home at some point to bring it to the rest of us! It'll be crazy and we all will sleep well!!

I've got grapes, and cherries, and baby carrots, and cheese sticks to munch on.

I totally eat my stress! At least now I'm aware I do it, so not as much. My wahoo is that I'm home!! For a few days. Then we have another little vacation planned. Then DH goes back to work and depending on if my niece needs me I may go to her place again before I go back to work.

I know I need to be working on the next difficult thing, which would probably be back to weight lifting or less sugar. I've been listening to the odd podcast of phit-n-phat and realize I could do better. I didn't need her to tell me that, but I enjoy her. The last one I listened to was a reminder that we all have the same amount of time. One doesn't run out of time to go the gym when a child is sick. One chooses to care for a loved one. Some mornings, I choose to sleep in!!

Goals check-in:

Down 2 more pounds, so -6 for the month and -11 over-all!!!
Drinking 2+ liters of water per day... right on track.
Getting my outdoors times... have fallen off this week, but will make up for it tonight, going to the campfire knit thing.

Today was supposed to be furniture day, but something went wrong when I booked my delivery date and it had to be re-done. The new sofa is coming tomorrow instead, so not too much of a delay. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like the color of the sofa and the color of the living room walls together and that I'm going to have to paint... so not looking forward to this, but I am looking forward to having the new sofa. Don't have any other concrete plans for the weekend, other than going to see Mama Mia 2 of course.

I did think of a different next more difficult thing that will challenge me... doing stairs. I'm going to start doing four flights here at work, plus there's a stairway of 80 steps about eight blocks from my house, and walking there will help me get my step count in.

Happy weekend all.

Hello all! Is it too late in the month for me to join in?

I recently had my 39th birthday and have decided that I'd like to start my 40's feeling better than I do now! I have received so much support from DISers in the past, and of course it's so encouraging to read your experiences too!

My goals for the month:
*Drink 100oz of water daily
*Lose 5 pounds by August 16
*Log my eating on My Fitness Pal - this just seems to help me realize what I'm eating, so I track it (even if it isn't within my daily calories!).

I struggle with similar things that everyone does, probably - a few foods (or drinks) I don't want to give up entirely, some physical concerns that can make exercise challenging, busy life, etc. But my blessings more than outweigh my burdens! Our last trip to WDW was in January 2018, but we usually go every two years.

Best wishes to everyone as we work towards our goals!

Hello all! Is it too late in the month for me to join in?

I recently had my 39th birthday and have decided that I'd like to start my 40's feeling better than I do now! I have received so much support from DISers in the past, and of course it's so encouraging to read your experiences too!

My goals for the month:
*Drink 100oz of water daily
*Lose 5 pounds by August 16
*Log my eating on My Fitness Pal - this just seems to help me realize what I'm eating, so I track it (even if it isn't within my daily calories!).

I struggle with similar things that everyone does, probably - a few foods (or drinks) I don't want to give up entirely, some physical concerns that can make exercise challenging, busy life, etc. But my blessings more than outweigh my burdens! Our last trip to WDW was in January 2018, but we usually go every two years.

Best wishes to everyone as we work towards our goals!

Welcome! For some reason it's very quiet this month, but normally there's a good amount of conversation going on. Those look like great goals for the month!

Oh man! I have been missing some wonderful questions!!! Sorry I have been MIA-- but for good reasons (if not healthy). Business has been great this month which is wonderful in and of itself. Then I also completely remodeled both mine and DH's office. And I LOVE it! I am so happy to be at work now! So it's been busy busy busy! But in a super awesome way seeing my little business grow and really nesting into my work space :-)

Maybe that is currently my next most difficult thing! I got my body under control (for the most part-- just fine tuning and keeping it together now), and so now the next thing is getting my work space and who I am as a business woman together. THEN will come my house, but I do have to baby steps up to getting that whole thing under control :rotfl2:

As for my goal, I am getting there. Down 2 of the 5lbs I wanted to be down and I have 10 more days to make more progress!

Happy Weekend All!

Feel better - DS14 made it to school for first day after break and came home that night with sore throat, headache body and belly aches! We are now on his 3rd day off school - hopefully he will get back tomorrow - I told him STAY AWAY FROM YOUR SISTER!! the last thing she needed was to catch it on top of recovering from her surgery. Speaking of which that is my WOOHOO - I really feel like we have turned a corner last night/today - she was been able to eat macaroni and cheese and wanted Macca's hotcakes for lunch today and got through one and half - and she said she feels like she could have a go at more things but it may just take her extra time - phew! So now just need to plan some meals accordingly that can start to get more nutrients in her than jelly, ice-cream and custard! She hasn't asked for pain relief in over 24 hours now.

I am doing better today but Wednesday ended up being really bad. I almost didn't make through the day at work. I came home and went to bed. I woke up Thursday feeling better and even better today. Not 100% but getting there. I am bummed to be sick while the kids are gone but glad that they most likely won't get this.

I am glad your daughter is doing better. I am looking to getting my wisdom teeth out this fall. I am not looking forward to it it just needs to be done. DD also might need to have oral surgery as well. Her eye teeth don't feel normal to the Orthodontist. It runs in my family that they grow into the roof of the mouth instead of down. We are just waiting her to get a little bit older to do the x-ray to know for sure. If this is the case she will be in braces for awhile as they will do the surgery to pull them down. Basically they put brackets on them and wire them with the other teeth and slowly pull them down. Thankfully my sister had this and I have been able to explain this to DD and DH. It has helped with DD anxiety to know what to expect.

:welcome: @abish19

I, too, log all my food. Sometimes it is not pretty!!

Well, tomorrow will be an interesting weigh in! It's been such a crazy month and I was gone last Saturday. Not real sure what that scale will say! I'd be happy with a maintain at this point. At least I get to sleep in. I've been having trouble falling asleep and then get up at o'dark thirty for the gym. Tomorrow I can snooze a bit. I don't have to be anywhere until 10 AM. Of course once that starts it's non-stop until 8:30 PM. I've been told I'll have tons and tons of steps in my new role for the event this weekend. It's really two because I'd forgotten about another thing I have to do at the very, very end of each day. So glad this event is only once a year!! I'll pack a lunch and snacks and like tonight eat dinner right before bed! :upsidedow

Have a great, healthy weekend!!

MOTIVATION MONDAY:

Sending a little self-love motivation out there,
to start the week off right!
Make it a healthy, happy, loving one!

A lovely weekend, but somehow I feel tired this morning, like I've been put thru the ringer. I think it's because getting the new sofa has been such an emotional roller coaster... I feel badly for getting rid of the old, I've had it for 12 years and we've been thru so much together in that time. Plus, for a 12 year old sofa it's in really good shape, and that makes me feel even guiltier for casting it off. The new one came Saturday and fits the space really well, but its much firmer and has a lower profile, so it feels really different to sit on.

On top of that, Mama Mia 2 actually made me cry. It was really good, but dang it pulled at the heart strings, and I was kind of stuck in melancholy all evening... then I started an emotional slide and started to worry about stuff happening at work.

Yikes... I'm going to practice self-love this morning, and give myself a serious pep talk to get back on track.

@Oneanne I am thinking of you because I will be heading north today and we are staying near Seattle tonight! You'll love your new couch! I want to see MM2!! First I want to watch the original again. I saw it with a bunch of girlfriends when it came out. Maybe we should have a sequel girls' night out! I am a very ugly crier, though, so maybe watch it alone, in the evening so I can get to my car without being seen by anyone in the theatre!

I did weigh myself Saturday as usual and was delighted that I'd only gained 0.2 pounds. I call that a maintain!! My weekend was busy, busy, busy. Friday and Saturday nights I collapsed and fell right asleep. Last night, no such luck! I don't know how I pulled myself out of bed when the alarm went off for gym time. Glad I did because soon I'll be in the car for several hours as we begin another mini vacation (our last! :sad: of this summer). I'll try to make good food choices and will be checking my pedometer to make sure I get my steps in!

Everyone take care of yourselves this week. Stay healthy!!

THURSDAY TOPIC: Doing the next more difficult thing.

This really clicked with me when I read it, because I feel like I don't do it. Mostly I do what I want to do, what's fun or interesting - not necessarily what's challenging

Oh @Oneanne once again I am struck by the similarities between us :-)

My next difficult thing .... well I think the thing I most have difficulty with that I need to focus on his MOVE - my body and get active and strengthen it.

Down 2 more pounds, so -6 for the month and -11 over-all!!!
Drinking 2+ liters of water per day... right on track.

Great work :cheer2:

Business has been great this month which is wonderful in and of itself. Then I also completely remodeled both mine and DH's office. And I LOVE it! I am so happy to be at work now! So it's been busy busy busy! But in a super awesome way seeing my little business grow and really nesting into my work space :-)

Congrats on your success with the business :-)

I am looking to getting my wisdom teeth out this fall. I am not looking forward to it it just needs to be done. DD also might need to have oral surgery as well. Her eye teeth don't feel normal to the Orthodontist. It runs in my family that they grow into the roof of the mouth instead of down. We are just waiting her to get a little bit older to do the x-ray to know for sure. If this is the case she will be in braces for awhile as they will do the surgery to pull them down. Basically they put brackets on them and wire them with the other teeth and slowly pull them down. Thankfully my sister had this and I have been able to explain this to DD and DH. It has helped with DD anxiety to know what to expect.

I had to have all 4 wisdom teeth out in my early 20s - I had a general anesthetic. Hope it goes well for you DD when the time comes - it is amazing how many people have teeth issues once you start talking about it - lots of adults have told me they still have baby teeth.

A lovely weekend, but somehow I feel tired this morning, like I've been put thru the ringer. I think it's because getting the new sofa has been such an emotional roller coaster... I feel badly for getting rid of the old, I've had it for 12 years and we've been thru so much together in that time. Plus, for a 12 year old sofa it's in really good shape, and that makes me feel even guiltier for casting it off. The new one came Saturday and fits the space really well, but its much firmer and has a lower profile, so it feels really different to sit on.

On top of that, Mama Mia 2 actually made me cry. It was really good, but dang it pulled at the heart strings, and I was kind of stuck in melancholy all evening... then I started an emotional slide and started to worry about stuff happening at work.

Yikes... I'm going to practice self-love this morning, and give myself a serious pep talk to get back on track.

@Oneanne - you sound like you need a :hug: so here is one from me. Isn't it funny how attached we can feel to objects when it is time to let them go - I remember feeling more emotional about changing cars a few years ago than I though I would - but similar to you it is remembering all the things that happened in it or related to it such as representing a phase of my life.

I think we are seeing MM@ this Saturday - now I will know to pack tissues - I am a cryer - the kids are always laughing at me for crying in tv shows - even ones I have seen multiple times - I will still cry!

It was a busy night tonight with parent teacher interviews at the kids school. Work is super busy and I am feeling a little overwhelmed about how fast the year is going and how many people I need to fit it.

Eating has been up and down still - but I do try - yesterday I was offered cake 3 times but said no each time - knowing that it was DDad's birthday and we were having takeout and cake for dinner - so whilst I did have some less than perfect dinner options - I didn't write off the whole day.

Sorry I missed yesterday, I was at home waiting for the old furniture to get picked up. Thought I might shed a tear, but as soon as it left the house I was OK with it... hopefully it'll go to a new home where it will be loved.

Woohoo its Wednesday!

It's been super hot here, and I've been sleeping in the living room where the air conditioner is - on the new sofa, which is actually long enough to sleep on (the old was just a love seat, so you had to scrunch up).

I haven't been to Starbucks in almost two weeks... I've discovered a new obsession, and have been getting an Acai Breakfast Bowl every week day morning... yummy! High calorie, but much better nutrition for those calories.

It's a half work day today, because we have a team outing to the baseball game this afternoon. It's going to be hot, hot, hot, but at lease we're in a section that'll get shade, as the sun moves west.

My next difficult thing .... well I think the thing I most have difficulty with that I need to focus on his MOVE - my body and get active and strengthen it.

I had to have all 4 wisdom teeth out in my early 20s - I had a general anesthetic. Hope it goes well for you DD when the time comes - it is amazing how many people have teeth issues once you start talking about it - lots of adults have told me they still have baby teeth.

@Oneanne - you sound like you need a :hug: so here is one from me. Isn't it funny how attached we can feel to objects when it is time to let them go - I remember feeling more emotional about changing cars a few years ago than I though I would - but similar to you it is remembering all the things that happened in it or related to it such as representing a phase of my life.

I think we are seeing MM@ this Saturday - now I will know to pack tissues - I am a cryer - the kids are always laughing at me for crying in tv shows - even ones I have seen multiple times - I will still cry!

It was a busy night tonight with parent teacher interviews at the kids school. Work is super busy and I am feeling a little overwhelmed about how fast the year is going and how many people I need to fit it.

Eating has been up and down still - but I do try - yesterday I was offered cake 3 times but said no each time - knowing that it was DDad's birthday and we were having takeout and cake for dinner - so whilst I did have some less than perfect dinner options - I didn't write off the whole day.

I'm usually pretty good at letting go, but for some reason not with the furniture and I'm still driving my 2004 car, even tho I've been thinking about getting a new one for three years now. And yes, take some tissues with you to MM2!

Last edited:
I am struggling to get back to normal since back from holiday and the scale shows it. boohoo. not fun. Need to cop on

That could be my post...

Vacation was not really very relaxing as we did a lot of travelling to different places and so I am somehow struggling with making good decisions. The horrible heat wave is adding to this as I am tired and exhausted.

I am looking forward to hosting in August and hope that that will give me added focus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!