Wait list chances / other options

2manydaves

Mouseketeer
Booked VWL for a Sun-Wed second week of October. Had to wait list Thursday and Friday. Are odds good that room will open, or should I go ahead and book AKV for those last two nights? We are renting points.

I know this is during Food and Wine, and I don't want to risk not having anyplace to stay those last two nights.

TIA for any help from previous wait listers. Thanks.

Booked VWL for a Sun-Wed second week of October. Had to wait list Thursday and Friday. Are odds good that room will open, or should I go ahead and book AKV for those last two nights? We are renting points.

I know this is during Food and Wine, and I don't want to risk not having anyplace to stay those last two nights.

Can't answer your questions, but I am also WL for Oct 15-18 in a studio at BWV and BLT. We went ahead and booked SSR just to be safe and have a place but we really hope one of our WL comes through. I'd suggest you go ahead and book something for those last 2 nights and WL at VWL. Good luck!! We do have plenty of time for our WL to come through, so that's good.

Columbus Day is October 14 this year - that is a very popular weekend because many southern schools have the day off. Some have the entire Columbus Day week off for a fall break.

I suspect there are several people who are making a long Columbus Day weekend trip, which would include 10/10 & 10/11. Even the VWL 1 bedrooms are sold out for those nights and the following week. Also, VWL is one of the smaller DVC resorts.

Assuming I got your dates correct, my advice is to book something else for the last two nights or see if you can get all of your dates at the same resort if that is your preference. You obviously will have to work with your owner to see what he/she might be willing to do for you. Since October is less than 7 months away, resort won't matter. It will just depend on the number of points the owner has available to rent to you.

FWIW, if you are looking for a studio, you should nail something down fairly quickly. I'd be surprised if AKV is still available. You may want to consider SSR. It is the largest WDW DVC resort and will often have availability after the others are sold out.

Good luck!

Can't answer your questions, but I am also WL for Oct 15-18 in a studio at BWV and BLT. We went ahead and booked SSR just to be safe and have a place but we really hope one of our WL comes through. I'd suggest you go ahead and book something for those last 2 nights and WL at VWL. Good luck!! We do have plenty of time for our WL to come through, so that's good.

WL came through today...BLT studio lake view. Yay!!!

I'm surprised the owner would even waitlist those nights. You really need to book something now.

Congrats lovin'fl! I'm very patiently waiting for a WL over Columbus Day weekend. Started at the 7 month window. Nothing was available to book except SSR and OKW. I was quite surprised I couldn't even piece together a split stay. So looking forward to MNSSHP! :)

Congrats lovin'fl! I'm very patiently waiting for a WL over Columbus Day weekend. Started at the 7 month window. Nothing was available to book except SSR and OKW. I was quite surprised I couldn't even piece together a split stay. So looking forward to MNSSHP! :)

Thanks! Good luck to you! When I booked (about 13 days ago) there was nothing available in a studio except SSR...not even 1 of the nights at BLT or BWV...nada and all 3 nights came through today, so there's hope.

We are staying at SSR for that week Sun-Sat. We had to wait list Sun which came through this past week. We have had pretty good luck with wait lists which comprised just a couple days. For next Christmas we have placed a waitlist for an entire stay which we've never done before. I'm not optimistic but one never knows. We still have plenty of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter