Wait, what just happened? (RIV post)

ValarDisneyus

Mouseketeer
Ok, we just bought RIV on Jan 22, 200 points at $188. We wound up paying 175.25 after developer credit & military discount. Now the price is 195$ per point, act now and you get $4000 developer credit and $550 military discount, meaning the effective price is NOW $172.25 per point.
There’s nothing to be done about it is there?

(EDIT: price is 195, not 193. Still would save buying today rather than 11days ago.)

Last edited:
That is just sooo sad ...… that extra $1000 you paid could have bumped up your spends for your first visit to Riviera.
I hope you get some joy from Disney - I'd be surprised if your guide didn't know the discounts were coming :(

By the way:470495

Did you sign and send them back yet? If they haven’t closed the contract, they’ll give you the new incentives. Email your guide as well today just to put on record you’d like to rescind and purchase with new incentives.

ETA: Florida timeshare law is 10 calendar days from when you sign contract

Did you sign and send them back yet? If they haven’t closed the contract, they’ll give you the new incentives. Email your guide as well today just to put on record you’d like to rescind and purchase with new incentives.

ETA: Florida timeshare law is 10 calendar days from when you sign contract
Signed and mailed Jan 22.

It does happen. The effective price doesn't always go up. Unfortunately be prepared for them to say it's too late and really if they didn't then they'd probably have to go back with a lot of other contracts. Of course it never hurts to inquire but if Quality Assurance didn't tell you that you could still cancel today then it would seem to be a done deal. They are the ones you would have notified you were cancelling.

Can you not make the final payment?
Can you negotiate the closing cost?
Can they offer a rebate/cash back/gift card at closing?

Ok, we just bought RIV on Jan 22, 200 points at $188. We wound up paying 175.25 after developer credit & military discount. Now the price is 195$ per point, act now and you get $4000 developer credit and $550 military discount, meaning the effective price is NOW $172.25 per point.
There’s nothing to be done about it is there?

(EDIT: price is 195, not 193. Still would save buying today rather than 11days ago.)
You can call you guide to let them know you want the current incentives. As long as you’re working your 10 day window. It happened to several folks last year when the 175 point incentive was better than the prior 175 point incentive. It’s very easy to do. They just need to do a rewrite.

Disney will never negotiate a closing cost direct. Disney do not negotiate direct, hard stop.

DVC is real estate. There is no best price guarantee or return for credit for a lower price within 90 days.

I would be shocked if they allow the change outside 10 days because it creates legal exposure.

We used to see this a lot more 5-10 years ago. DVC would rotate between incentives like "free" cruises, "free" annual passes and even "free" points. They even had promotions where you could save more if you had a referral from an existing member--which basically just meant knowing that the promo was running and getting the name of someone online.

In these cases, it wasn't uncommon for later promos to be of greater value than earlier ones.

Unfortunately I doubt DVC will do much to help you. If you were inside the 10 day rescission period, it's an easy fix. Once that date has passed, they tend to be rigid about not going back and adjusting the deal. Best of luck, though.

Apparently the right of recision period has been extended to 12 days. I don’t know if that’s universal or because QA put a note in our file. I’ll report back shortly...

Apparently the right of recision period has been extended to 12 days. I don’t know if that’s universal or because QA put a note in our file. I’ll report back shortly...
I wonder if that is depending on the state you reside. If the revision period is 12 days as opposed to Florida it is 10.

Our case is being sent up a few levels but I was told to expect a call back in an hour or so. My sales rep sounded positive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter