Waiting for a cancelation....

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
No news here, just posting because I've got little else to do. Val & I are booked on the Harmony of the Seas sailing November 1. We did that while on board the Harmony in January before all the virus stuff started in earnest.

So, here we are not quite two months away and I'm pretty convinced that there is no way the cruise will be happening. Wondering how much longer it will be before Royal announces cancelation of November cruises. I'm guessing within the next week or two.

We are PIF and are not going to "lift and shift". Going to take the refund when they cancel and will book something next year once we see how the world is doing.

:boat:

I know Royal cancelled my mid-September cruise the middle of June. So far - I've gotten my base cruise fare and port taxes/fees, etc, refunded, but still waiting on my refreshment package, Key, and specialty dining package.

I took a future cruise credit, and booked the same itinerary (NE/Canada - did this 10 years ago, and loved it!) for a little later in September '21. Also taking advantage of the extra time to upgrade from an Ocean View to a balcony! :) It's also on a bigger ship - cancelled was Adventure of the Seas, next year is Adventure. Both out of Bayonne, NJ.

Our PIF was today for an upcoming Western MSC sailing Yacht Club and DW cancelled yesterday. Should have deposit refund in a couple of days. Still have a Mariner 4 day in January and a MSC Western YC in March and would be nice but not holding breathe.

Our PIF was today for an upcoming Western MSC sailing Yacht Club and DW cancelled yesterday. Should have deposit refund in a couple of days. Still have a Mariner 4 day in January and a MSC Western YC in March and would be nice but not holding breathe.
Glad you did not PIF and dodged a bullet. I called in March about how covid might impact our June MSC YC west and east cruise on Seaside since final payment was coming up. Was assured that if it did cancel, we would have our refund with in a couple weeks. Well forgone conclusion that there was no cruise and it was cancelled a month later. Took MSC almost 4 months to refund my CC. And the funds came in separate amounts that added up to the amount of the cruise.

So my “vote” as it were... is a couple of days weeks after the next quarter report. Which Brings to mind...I’m not sure when I should time my next RCCL stock purchase.

No news here, just posting because I've got little else to do. Val & I are booked on the Harmony of the Seas sailing November 1. We did that while on board the Harmony in January before all the virus stuff started in earnest.

So, here we are not quite two months away and I'm pretty convinced that there is no way the cruise will be happening. Wondering how much longer it will be before Royal announces cancelation of November cruises. I'm guessing within the next week or two.

We are PIF and are not going to "lift and shift". Going to take the refund when they cancel and will book something next year once we see how the world is doing.

:boat:

I feel for the early Nov. cruises at this point. It doesn't look likely that they will sail but there isn't much point in canceling (unless you have a great option to L&S to. We were supposed to be on Allure in October but that cancelled. We just booked Anthem for June 4th 2020, but I am not sure we will be able to make that sailing either depending on current travel restrictions but it is nice to have "something on the books" to look forward to.

DCL just cancelled until mid-December... I’m now expecting all the other cruise lines to do the same.

DCL just cancelled until mid-December... I’m now expecting all the other cruise lines to do the same.

Princess was already cancelled until December 15. Carnival just announced more cancellations due to dry dock delays. I am fairly certain the rest will announce in the next few days to weeks. Certainly by the end of September.

Princess was already cancelled until December 15. Carnival just announced more cancellations due to dry dock delays. I am fairly certain the rest will announce in the next few days to weeks. Certainly by the end of September.
Seems likely. Wonder too if they'll extend lift & shift, which is currently until Sept 30th.

Looks like Carnival has canceled into March.

Looks like Carnival has canceled into March.

No, only certain sailings.

From what I understand, 4 ships needed a little bit more work to be safer for guests (due to new regulations that will be in place because of COVID) when they will be sailing again.

Since they were already due to go into dry dock (but dates for dry docks have been pushed back because of lockdowns over there)... they decided to cancel the cruises and kill two birds with one stone.

I have a RCCL cruise booked for the end of November and so far it hasn't been canceled. I'm PIF and fingers crossed I get to go, nevertheless if it is canceled I will lift and shift to something else in 2021.

I have a RCCL cruise booked for the end of November and so far it hasn't been canceled. I'm PIF and fingers crossed I get to go, nevertheless if it is canceled I will lift and shift to something else in 2021.

I'd suggest searching for your 2021 cruise to "switch" to.

Seems likely. Wonder too if they'll extend lift & shift, which is currently until Sept 30th.
I was able to lift and shift my November 8th 2020 cruise until November 6th 2021 on Thursday. The prices they have on the web site are quite high in 2021 compared to the price of the 2020 cruise.

Keep in mind, right now the deadline to Lift & Shift is Sept 30. If you want to Lift & Shift, I wouldn't wait but if you get past Sep 30 the 125% FCC and thats likely to work out better for most (not all).

Sadly my November RCCL cruise was canceled through no fault on my part. I called my travel agent and decided to move my canceled cruise to November 2021 and lucky I was able to move it to a larger Oasis Class Ship and better itinerary.

We moved our Feb. 2021 Apex cruise to Feb 2022. We still have our Oasis cruise in July 2021 booked (moved from July 2020). We also have Anthem booked for Jan 2022 (moved from Jan 2021).
Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!