Waiting on ROFR & going crazy? You're not alone.. post here

thelionqueen

DIS Veteran
OK, so I know for a fact there are others that are obsessively waiting on ROFR and going crazy. Rather that fill up the ROFR thread with my mindless jabbering and constant watching... thought I'd start a separate place for "those of us" who are patiently (or impatiently waiting in my case) for this important Disney Decision.

I find myself looking at threads and forums over and over looking for something to occupy my mind, and.. well, people simply aren't posting enough to keep my mind from obsessing lol. Anyone else?

If you'd like, share your details, where you like to stay, and pretty much anything so that we can have a place to unwind for a minute... and.... go :)

OK, so I know for a fact there are others that are obsessively waiting on ROFR and going crazy. Rather that fill up the ROFR thread with my mindless jabbering and constant watching... thought I'd start a separate place for "those of us" who are patiently (or impatiently waiting in my case) for this important Disney Decision.

I find myself looking at threads and forums over and over looking for something to occupy my mind, and.. well, people simply aren't posting enough to keep my mind from obsessing lol. Anyone else?

If you'd like, share your details, where you like to stay, and pretty much anything so that we can have a place to unwind for a minute... and.... go :)
Me! Second time through the wait, but this time is worse I think as I’ve been off from work all week for our March break. I want time to speed up, but then my break will be over :rolleyes:.

I’m not too caught up in the need for it to pass though. I truly love BC, but can’t stomach the price pp for the end date on that resort & as a family of 5 stuck with the school calendar until I retire, BLT made more sense. Never stayed there, but then again we never stayed at SSR before we bought... & still haven’t:rolleyes1 But maybe if it’s taken I can talk myself into a BCV contract instead :-)

I’ve been hanging on the parking saga threads on the resort & the rumours & news threads. Good way to burn a few hours :teeth:

Me! Second time through the wait, but this time is worse I think as I’ve been off from work all week for our March break. I want time to speed up, but then my break will be over :rolleyes:.

I’m not too caught up in the need for it to pass though. I truly love BC, but can’t stomach the price pp for the end date on that resort & as a family of 5 stuck with the school calendar until I retire, BLT made more sense. Never stayed there, but then again we never stayed at SSR before we bought... & still haven’t:rolleyes1 But maybe if it’s taken I can talk myself into a BCV contract instead :-)

I’ve been hanging on the parking saga threads on the resort & the rumours & news threads. Good way to burn a few hours :teeth:
Ha ha! Yeah me too... the recent parking charges created a firestorm and a good way to kill time :). So you're buying @ BLT but wanting to stay primarily at BCV? As much as I'm hoping mine passes, if it doesn't I won't be too upset either. It's a great deal at a resort I absolutely love with an extended contract, but I've always wanted to own BWV and I'm also obsessed with CCV. Since I already have points @ OKW, obviously I'd love more, and at a great price. But there's that little hole in my heart missing BWV. Hmmm.. yeah, I don't sound obsessed do I? lol

Ha ha! Yeah me too... the recent parking charges created a firestorm and a good way to kill time :). So you're buying @ BLT but wanting to stay primarily at BCV? As much as I'm hoping mine passes, if it doesn't I won't be too upset either. It's a great deal at a resort I absolutely love with an extended contract, but I've always wanted to own BWV and I'm also obsessed with CCV. Since I already have points @ OKW, obviously I'd love more, and at a great price. But there's that little hole in my heart missing BWV. Hmmm.. yeah, I don't sound obsessed do I? lol
At least you’re not alone in your obsession! OKW is on our list of resorts to try since the 1bd has the sleeper chair. We love AKV, but have found it not impossible to book a 1 bd in Aug, so we use our SSR points there.

We’ve never stayed at BW. I was comparing it to BCV & the standard rooms & lower buy-in make it more enticing than BCV... Hmmmm

At least you’re not alone in your obsession! OKW is on our list of resorts to try since the 1bd has the sleeper chair. We love AKV, but have found it not impossible to book a 1 bd in Aug, so we use our SSR points there.

We’ve never stayed at BW. I was comparing it to BCV & the standard rooms & lower buy-in make it more enticing than BCV... Hmmmm
I actually prefer OKW & SSR overall. BWV & BCV are also favorites but only on occasion. I feel strongly that when riviera is released for sale and points are $225 a piece... people will buy fewer points and OKW & SSR will no longer be easy to get. Of course anyone can guess... but bottom line is, I’ll own where I love staying ❤️

I actually prefer OKW & SSR overall. BWV & BCV are also favorites but only on occasion. I feel strongly that when riviera is released for sale and points are $225 a piece... people will buy fewer points and OKW & SSR will no longer be easy to get. Of course anyone can guess... but bottom line is, I’ll own where I love staying ❤️
I’m happy anywhere on property really :lovestruc. My kids’ personal favourite is AoA - they still talk about it 4 years later. My DH wanted SSR because of the proximity to golf & he prefers the restaurants at DS.

I agree that more buyers are getting smaller contracts & that it will lead to even tougher 7 month switching, especially for studios.

We bought our original contract to get us at least a 1 bd on property & access to a full kitchen & laundry.

With this contract I wanted to get 11 month advantage at a near park resort that had 3 sleeping surfaces in a 1 bed. We’d been staying at mods previously & all 5 of us in one room was just :scared:. BLT also has 2 bathrooms in the 1bd like Kidani which sold my DH.

I think if we had it to do over we might buy AKV over SSR, but we got our contract at $80 pp & pre 2016 perks cutoffs so absolutely no regrets!

I’m happy anywhere on property really :lovestruc. My kids’ personal favourite is AoA - they still talk about it 4 years later. My DH wanted SSR because of the proximity to golf & he prefers the restaurants at DS.

I agree that more buyers are getting smaller contracts & that it will lead to even tougher 7 month switching, especially for studios.

We bought our original contract to get us at least a 1 bd on property & access to a full kitchen & laundry.

With this contract I wanted to get 11 month advantage at a near park resort that had 3 sleeping surfaces in a 1 bed. We’d been staying at mods previously & all 5 of us in one room was just :scared:. BLT also has 2 bathrooms in the 1bd like Kidani which sold my DH.

I think if we had it to do over we might buy AKV over SSR, but we got our contract at $80 pp & pre 2016 perks cutoffs so absolutely no regrets!
Yeah our habits changed as the boys got older. No way were sleeping on a pull out anymore so it’s either an OKW studio or 2 bedroom. Both of which keep OKW a fave. I like AKV but only for 2 days. I thought about points there for the extra bathroom and value accommodation rooms but again, 2 days is all I like there. So... who knows. CCV & Riviera are tempting but every time I do the math...my checkbook says nope! Lol

Yeah our habits changed as the boys got older. No way were sleeping on a pull out anymore so it’s either an OKW studio or 2 bedroom. Both of which keep OKW a fave. I like AKV but only for 2 days. I thought about points there for the extra bathroom and value accommodation rooms but again, 2 days is all I like there. So... who knows. CCV & Riviera are tempting but every time I do the math...my checkbook says nope! Lol
Nothing yet today?

Congrats!! I have only been in rofr for 9 days (BWV) and 8 days (SSR), but have started checking my email constantly. I get anxious every time it loads.

Congrats!! I have only been in rofr for 9 days (BWV) and 8 days (SSR), but have started checking my email constantly. I get anxious every time it loads.
I heard for my OKW in 9 days. 16 days later and still haven't heard from my AK. So I know what you mean about constantly checking.

Pixie dust coming your way! I have a feeling you'll hear something this week!
Thank you. Last time someone say that to me while I was waiting on OKW I got good word later that day. Hoping the same happens this time. I will keep everyone posted. Even dreaming about Disney now!

Thank you. Last time someone say that to me while I was waiting on OKW I got good word later that day. Hoping the same happens this time. I will keep everyone posted. Even dreaming about Disney now!
I have a good feeling about it! Here’s hoping today is the day :)

Welp, today is 37 days for us....and I doubt we'll hear anything today since I've had no communication back from the resale company since my last e-mail almost 2 weeks ago that said, "It should be any day now." Very frustrated right now. :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter