waiting

Hahaha I’m so impatient too, but that’s what this board is for... well for info and also moral support :-) On my BCV contract the sellers took 4 days to sign the initial contract and now it’s been over two weeks since we got closing documents (which came just a week after passing ROFR!) and they haven’t returned theirs yet. Thankfully I don’t need these points soon... but my other contract, which I need to book our Fall trip, I’m constantly refreshing my email every 5 minutes :-)

like.....do they want to get this sale done or not?
we had every single stitch of the transaction in within 24 hours. Including the downpayment.

like.....do they want to get this sale done or not?
we had every single stitch of the transaction in within 24 hours. Including the downpayment.

I know! I went to the bank to get the certified check as soon as I received the closing documents (granted the bank is half a block away from my office haha). If I knew though, I guess I didn't have to overnight everything :P

But in all seriousness, the initial contract delay was because the guy was out of state because his mother was in the hospital. I'm not sure about this time around... I didn't want to put any pressure on them since I didn't need the points right away and they may have some family stuff going on. But 2+ weeks is starting to get drawn out.

I'm also told if it's out of a divorce, it can take awhile for both parties to sign. But the initial contract is a little frustrating because you want it to go to ROFR and this one is so easy (they don't need to get it notarized or anything). Hope yours gets signed soon!!!

I am spoiled because I had one of the fastest offer-to-close for my first contract ... Both sides had signed the contract within hours of an accepted offer over the phone, and we had been sent to ROFR less than 24 hours later, and ROFR took 9 days. Then ... the dreaded estoppel ... took like the full 30 days, then closing took almost 2 weeks. Like @iheartglaciers, I can fedex from my office and my bank is half a block away, so the certified check was easy too.

This time, I am buying a bank-owned contract (didn't know it at the time; found out when I saw the contract) so I'm already impatient since Disney already had a chance to take it a couple of months ago, and didn't, so why is it taking so long now? But, we don't need the points until 2019 so I guess I can just sit tight for a while...

Hopefully the sellers will sign soon and you'll hear that Disney waived ROFR just before Christmas! :D

Letting a contract go can be difficult for some people, some are busy with the holidays, some are in another country and have to go to an embassy to sign, some on vacation and some aren't as excited to sell as you are to buy. I often wonder if brokers sometimes blame others when their office gets backed up.

:earsboy: Bill

I called about it and said that there are some other contracts and if they arent interested in selling we can go for one of those. The broker was pretty blasé. "well whatever, if you want to, go ahead and go for the other contract" I told him that we wanted to do the deal but not knowing what was going on and potentially having to start from scratch was frustrating.

If they would keep me updated and let me know whats happening it would be fine. I could be more patient but it just looks like they are messing around if no one is telling me anything.

We canceled the contract. :( Something just felt really off and like we were not being told something important.
so....onward.

3 days but something was off. The broker said "if you're interested in another contract you should do it." which said to me that this wasnt going anywhere. Its fallen through two times before with other buyers. The whole thing was just off-putting.

I just had a similar experience. I had offered Monday evening (the 4th), got an acceptance on one and a counter on two the 5th which I then accepted, and thought I'd sign a contract right away, but it took the broker 24 hours or so to get it to me and the sellerr, which I turned around right away that night (the 6th), but the seller didn't get it signed till the 11th when it was finally sent to ROFR. The thing that made me patient about it, is that the seller does have to get it notarized, and thats a PITA, plus its getting close to the holidays. I have to admit though I did wonder in the back of my mind if maybe they had a change of heart, since they were pretty fast at responding to the offer. Luckily that was not the case.

well were trying for a second time today with another contract.
fingers crossed that this is a little easier

I just had a similar experience. I had offered Monday evening (the 4th), got an acceptance on one and a counter on two the 5th which I then accepted, and thought I'd sign a contract right away, but it took the broker 24 hours or so to get it to me and the sellerr, which I turned around right away that night (the 6th), but the seller didn't get it signed till the 11th when it was finally sent to ROFR. The thing that made me patient about it, is that the seller does have to get it notarized, and thats a PITA, plus its getting close to the holidays. I have to admit though I did wonder in the back of my mind if maybe they had a change of heart, since they were pretty fast at responding to the offer. Luckily that was not the case.

I don't think the sellers need to notarize the initial contract (the one everyone signs before it goes to ROFR). But they do need to notarize the closing documents that come after you pass ROFR.

I don't think the sellers need to notarize the initial contract (the one everyone signs before it goes to ROFR). But they do need to notarize the closing documents that come after you pass ROFR.

Ah I must have misunderstood the broker, or the broker misunderstood me. I had asked if there was any additional steps they needed from me with the contact when I signed it and the conversation turned to only the seller needs to notarize, but in hindsight they probably meant closing . I did think it was strange because with residential real estate in my state I have never had to, but also the offer process and the contract to purchase were one and the same, so I just took that at face value.

Bummer. Hope you have better luck next time. Maybe we were lucky, but both of our contracts, the sellers signed really fast and the process was quite fast. Don't give up. We have loved being part of DVC. You may find a better contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter