Waitlist and Borrowed Points

LisaStockman

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Can anyone help me out with this question?
I f I borrow points for booking my home resort at the 11month window and then at the 7month window there is availabilty at another resort using less points, what happens to the borrowed points that I now don't need?
I understand that you can't return points once they are borrowed but what would happen to the extra points that I needed for my home resort but now don't need at the resort I've changed to.
Sorry its so confusing.

d

Hi,
Can anyone help me out with this question?
I f I borrow points for booking my home resort at the 11month window and then at the 7month window there is availabilty at another resort using less points, what happens to the borrowed points that I now don't need?
I understand that you can't return points once they are borrowed but what would happen to the extra points that I needed for my home resort but now don't need at the resort I've changed to.
Sorry its so confusing.

d

more suited to dvc boards but i can still help,
i would asume that you would be using some points from this use year as well as borrowing.when canceling make sure that this years points get re embursed so you can bank them.
Paulh

I'm going to pop this over to UK DVC, just to keep the housekeeping in order. :)

As Paul said, if you need to borrow points but then find you don't need them when changing resort, be sure to ask Member Services to use the borrowed points first thus leaving you current use year points which you would then be able to bank. Member Services should automatically use borrowed points first but best to double check that they definitely do.

Just checking my understanding for future info!!:thumbsup2

If you do as the OP suggests and borrow points and then switch to a 'cheaper' option, therefore not needing the extra points, your only option is to bank some of the current years points - is that right??

(If that it the case, that would mean that you couldn't use them for going alternate years, only if you go the next year - is that also correct??):confused3

The reason I ask, is we are about to buy into DVC and will probably only holiday alternate years, in which case we would have to be extra careful about borrowing points I guess??

Sorry to be thick!:lmao: - I just wanted to be sure I fully understand it all!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Just checking my understanding for future info!!:thumbsup2

If you do as the OP suggests and borrow points and then switch to a 'cheaper' option, therefore not needing the extra points, your only option is to bank some of the current years points - is that right??

(If that it the case, that would mean that you couldn't use them for going alternate years, only if you go the next year - is that also correct??):confused3

The reason I ask, is we are about to buy into DVC and will probably only holiday alternate years, in which case we would have to be extra careful about borrowing points I guess??

Sorry to be thick!:lmao: - I just wanted to be sure I fully understand it all!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Correct :)

Claire ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter