Waitlist Nightmare!

mikki.young

Knows Dreams do come true!
I had booked a vacation for someone else from the UK Dis with my points (way back in April). They got two nights at Beach Club and rest at Saratoga early October. A waitlist was set up to move them over to Beach Club if it became available. A few days ago I chanced to look on the members website and saw that an extra 3 days had been added at the Beachclub but that had cancelled all 8 days at Saratoga! I rang up straight away and they said for some reason two waitlists had been set up, one for 3 nights and one for the whole 8 nights and that when the 3 night one came up they cancelled the lot. Worse still there were now no rooms available at any resort. They have put me on what they call a VIP waitlist but at this late stage I don't know how confident I can be that something will come available.

I have emailed in a complaint about this which has gone to their 'customer satisfaction unit' but may not hear from them for a week or more. I said I expected them to find accomodation somewhere for the people concerned but I don't know what they will do. I had the unpleasant task of ringing the person concerned today to tell them that there may not be rooms for all their nights after all.

Please can you send some pixiedust: to fix the situation.

Any suggestions of what I can do more to try and get it sorted? I feel really awful about the whole thing. :sad1:

What a headache for you and the people concerned. Definitely a dose of :wizard: needed.

On the plus side, I'd say there is a decent chance that something will open up before early October but I think you are right to insist that they accommodate your guests elsewhere as a back up.

Let us know what happens, and good luck with it. :grouphug:

For whatever reason the waitlist has just come through and we now have all the dates we wanted. :genie:

I don't think I will be in a hurry to use the waitlist ever again though!

Pleased to hear it turned out ok for you :thumbsup2 :)

I read the responses you got on the US boards and it seems like you're not the only one who doesn't plan on using the wait list! Let's hope they get it sorted soon.

Glad to hear you got your waitlist requests! :) I'm sure you could have done without the worry of the last few days, though!

For whatever reason the waitlist has just come through and we now have all the dates we wanted. :genie:

I don't think I will be in a hurry to use the waitlist ever again though!

glad everything worked out OK for yoy
don't think I'll be renting out our points if things like this happens

so is it BCV or SSR that you finalily got , we are on a wait list for BCV :wizard:

glad everything worked out OK for yoy
don't think I'll be renting out our points if things like this happens

so is it BCV or SSR that you finalily got , we are on a wait list for BCV :wizard:

It was BCV. It does make you wonder about renting - although totally NOT the renters fault. Just glad it all looks OK in the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter