waitlist success AGAIN TODAY

paults

HOME IS WHERE BWV IS
On my earlier post "I have 2 WL for BCV and 1 just disappeared yesterday 7/30/17. No conformation yet"

I checked again Aug 1st and still no conformation. I then saw my second WL disappeared (both WL for BCV).
I called MS and asked what was going on because I never got an email about the first WL. She checked and said that BOTH WL came through in the same week. Go figure. I took the studio and left the 1 bedroom for someone else.
I guess you never know.

On my earlier post "I have 2 WL for BCV and 1 just disappeared yesterday 7/30/17. No conformation yet"

I checked again Aug 1st and still no conformation. I then saw my second WL disappeared (both WL for BCV).
I called MS and asked what was going on because I never got an email about the first WL. She checked and said that BOTH WL came through in the same week. Go figure. I took the studio and left the 1 bedroom for someone else.
I guess you never know.
Congrats!!!

When did you put them on the waitlist and for how many days?

TIMELINE:
I booked 3 nts at BCV in a 2 bedroom ( not a lock-off) back on May 16th 2017 and had to waitlist 2 nights in a 2 bedroom (1 night at the beginning and 1 night at the end all for our OCT trip. Those 2 WL's for the 2 bedroom never came through so on around July 12 th (not sure exactly ) I changed the two (2 bed WL's) to 1 WL studio and one (1 bedroom WL.) all at BCV. They both came through this past week (in about 3 weeks). Just luck I guess.

EDITED: when I redid my 2 WL's I only waitlisted for the last night In a studio or 1bedroom. Did not need the 1 nt at the start like before.

Last edited:

I have been stalking reservations. My waitlist for HH came thru this morning. So very happy!

GC

I had a 1 BR at SSR booked for 9/23 to 9/27, since it was for Food and Wine I wait listed BWV (Garden View) and BCV. Today I hit the jackpot and got BWV. Amazingly since I did not make this wait list until they started booking Food and Wine just a few weeks ago.

While I generally agree 1 day is easier, you can get lucky!

I just canceled a Bwv studio bw view for sept 7-9. It must've gone straight to the waitlist, because I checked immediately afterwards and it never made it to the RAT.

TIMELINE:
I booked 3 nts at BCV in a 2 bedroom ( not a lock-off) back on May 16th 2017 and had to waitlist 2 nights in a 2 bedroom (1 night at the beginning and 1 night at the end all for our OCT trip. Those 2 WL's for the 2 bedroom never came through so on around July 12 th (not sure exactly ) I changed the two (2 bed WL's) to 1 WL studio and one (1 bedroom WL.) all at BCV. They both came through this past week (in about 3 weeks). Just luck I guess.

EDITED: when I redid my 2 WL's I only waitlisted for the last night In a studio or 1bedroom. Did not need the 1 nt at the start like before.
I then decided to WL for BCV first nt studio.

above is my timeline for WL

As of this morning Aug 11th I was getting ready to add my names to MDE but first checked if my next WL came in. As I brought up my dashboard one of my other 2 WL came through. I got my BCV studio for this OCT for my first night and dropped my first 2 nights in a 2bedroom at CCV. I still have 1 WL for CCV studio.
I now have first night in a BCV studio then 3 nts in a BCV 2bedroom and my last night in a BCV studio. All this for just 2 people DW and me. DD and GC could not make it.

THIS IS MY 3RD WAIT LIST TO COME THROUGH FOR BCV within 4 weeks. Can't believe it.

So what I did cancel was my 2 nts at BWV 2 bedroom and 2 nts at CCV 2 bedroom.

If your waitlist request disappears from your dashboard, is it a good chance it came threw?

Waitlisted BLT last week for 10/2 - matched today!!!! Now just waiting on one more day to match! I have AKL Savannah view Jambo booked incase I cant get the wait list.

I was able to piece together a short notice DVC stay for 4 nights with in 55 days.

Sweet! My 1D @ VGF came through today. I was checking my email & one said We Can't wait to Welcome You Home. @ 1st I was like, this is very old & very late, so opened and dates were 12/15-12/23 instead of 12/16. So went to DVC website and it was there & my 1N @ AKL-K & 1N Waitlist @ VGF were gone from Dashboard. So excited! I was cool with AKL, but not looking forward to literally lay my head down then switch resorts. I have done a split stay and we did 3 resorts back in 2014. Same thing occurred this time, but at least I had more notice. Airfare was $98 1-Way SW about 2 weeks after December (6months) flights were released in June. So saved money, this happened in 2014 too but around October. I know this is the cheapest it will get & gives me a full day in the parks, 12/16. Now I can sleep in & not worry about switching resorts after a late night flight, this will be sooooo much easier!

Waitlist success for us, too. We had 1 night at an AKL studio to start our trip, then 4 nights at BCV and 5 at CC. Waitlist came through for the first night at BCV at Christmas time!. Now only a single split stay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!