waitlisting 1 night at the 7 mo mark

twinsouvenirs

Mother of Dragons :)
So we're booked at an SSR 2 Br. lockoff; we're hoping to switch to BLT at the seven month mark (think days away). However, I can see that one/two nights of that at the end of our stay are already full. My husband cannot stand split stays.

If I switch 5 of our 6 nights (the available ones) at exactly the 7 mo mark (think tomorrow or the next day), do you think it's fairly safe to assume the last night(s) will come through at some point during the 7 mo before the trip? We're looking at a 2 Br Lockoff Lake view at BLT. Problem is that the end of our stay is Marathon Weekend so I am imagining many if not all are/will be booked if they are not yet.

First, you are probably seeing a normal state of something being open but it won't be come reservation time June 3, i.e., I am betting all or almost all nights for lake view 2BRs for Jan 3 to 10 will be gone when you make an attempt June 3.

If for any reason you are still seeing all nights besides one open, then you may have a chance. Many have had success getting one night off of wait list when they get on it exactly 7 months out. Nevertheless, you will be attempting to get that night during marathon weekend, one of DVC's high demand times (the demand for rooms that weekend, Thurs to Sun, makes Easter time and July 4 time look like slowest off-season for DVC demand in comparison). If you want to increase chances of succes, drop the lock-off and go for dedicated 2BR (the lock-offs can be studios and 1BRs and thus you are facing the demand for those plus any wait list for those in addition to the demand and wait list for a 2BR)

Thank you, great advice I am sure! I booked the missing nights at GFV just in case so hopefully if we can snatch up the BLT days that are showing availability we'll have a failsafe right on the monorail. My DH agreed to a split stay if both resorts are on the monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter