Walk from CBBR to SFR then Water Taxi to US/IoA?

Neo Fender

Earning My Ears
I've heard/read that Value & Prime Value resort guests can use the water taxis at the other resorts. If correct, is it worth the time & effort to walk from CCBR to SFR to catch a water taxi to US/IoA? Does this save any time or is just a more scenic, relaxing route?

Thanks.

I've heard/read that Value & Prime Value resort guests can use the water taxis at the other resorts. If correct, is it worth the time & effort to walk from CCBR to SFR to catch a water taxi to US/IoA? Does this save any time or is just a more scenic, relaxing route?

Thanks.

It is possible but not generally recommended. The most direct route between CBBR and SF has a traffic light but no crosswalk, and there is a sign discouraging crossing there. Unless you are staying in the exterior entry family suites bldgs, the official walkway that goes over the road is quite out of the way and probably won't save you time.

The bus service at CBBR is quite good, I almost always take it to the parks. I have sometimes taken the SF boat back in the evening. However, I have grown up in cities crossing busy roads. You really have to be careful and pay attention; the 2 directions of Adventure way have green lights at different times, left turn arrows, traffic coming out of SF and CBBR turning. Not always an easy cross.

It is also possible to walk from CBBR to the parks, using the over the road pathway and walking along Hollywood Way. The path eventually joins up with the path from RPR. That can be relaxing also. Google maps says it's about a mile from the CB lobby to Margaritaville.

No it doesn’t save any time. As already stated, don’t try to cross the road in front of the hotels. There is a bridge but its a little further down. Unless you are in the exterior buildings on the road side, it’s not very convenient time wise from the other areas of CBBR.

It is fun and can be relaxing depending on the time of year. But the busses are quick and air conditioned.

We tried to do this on our last trip and my family has still not forgiven me, lol. We tried riding the water taxi back at night and then crossing back to Cabana Bay. It ended up being a hugely long walk, and involved a lot of backtracking to where it was safe to cross the street. We stick to the buses now. But it is fun to try the water taxi! Maybe just don't do it when you are tired!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter