Walk from OKW

No not really. There are no pavements and it could be hazardous as no one would be expecting to see pedestrians. Although there would only be one road to cross - Community Drive - there would be the entrance to POFQ to deal with. I think your options are either bus/boat to DD then bus/boat to POFQ without a car.

When we were at OKW a few weeks ago we used the food court at POR and POFQ (driving) a few times and it's so convenient from OKW I'm surprised we've not used it much before :)

There are possibly two routes you could take. Looking on Google Earth there is a service road opposite one of the OKW entrances that will take you to the POFQ car park (I don't think this is gated, but you never know until you try the actual ground route). The other option is to follow the path across the golf course. This takes you to the bridge between POFQ and POR. Again, I have never used it so can't really comment on its suitability.

...but I'm sure someone on these boards must have attempted it.

The problem is the waterway that goes past POFQ.. I don't think it is possible. You can walk down to SSR/DTD though.

The golf course doesnt link up with POFQ as there is a canal in the way and you're not encouraged to use the golf cart paths as walk ways ( dangers from wayward golf balls) .

As Pootle says there is no walkway next to the road. I remember someone using the phrase pavement a few years a go and it confused the American readers no end as in the USA pavement is the road that cars drive on(whereas in the UK it is what the Americans call a sidewalk) :-) .

If the idea is to have a look at riverside/FQ you could rent a boat from OKW and take a cruise through to the Port Orleans areas, if you wanted to go eat or walk around the easiest route is probably take the ferry to DTD and change boats, it is probably going to take best part of an hour to do it. In a car it's less than 2 minutes.

For the easiest option I would suggest if going to eat breakfast or before going to a park take a taxi from OKW to POFQ (going to be $5-10) then take a regular Disney bus to which ever park you're going to. If your plan was later in the day, take a bus from whatever park you're in to POFQ, spend your time there, then take a taxi back to OKW from POFQ.

You could also take a bus from OKW to Downtown Disney and then switch to a bus to POFQ. Not likely to be very quick, despite the short distance, unless you're lucky with connections ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter