Walk in Walt's Footsteps -- Peter Pan?

Has anyone done the tour that starts at 12 pm? I'm probably more interested in that one than the 9:30 am one. What time is "dinner", though? How long does the tour last, again? Any other thoughts about doing the tour at noon would be appreciated.

TIA!

Has anyone done the tour that starts at 12 pm? I'm probably more interested in that one than the 9:30 am one. What time is "dinner", though? How long does the tour last, again? Any other thoughts about doing the tour at noon would be appreciated.

TIA!
I did the 12:00pm tour in Jan 2018. Che k in is 11:00-11:30, with everyone expected by 11:45 for headset testing... And linner/dunch/whatever you want to call it was around 3:30-4:00, which was the ending of our tour. The other tour group at the 12:00 spot ate at 3:00 then did Walt's apartment, switching spots with my group. SERIOISLY HUNGRY after walking 4 miles in those 3.5 hours! I wasn't fond of the noon tour, HOWEVER, it was my first park day, with a 10am rope drop, so I felt rushed--got to do a few rides, then had to check in with the tour group. I think I would have liked it more of I did it on a day 2 or 3, either earlier, or later in the afternoon (which wasn't available).

I did the 12:00pm tour in Jan 2018. Che k in is 11:00-11:30, with everyone expected by 11:45 for headset testing... And linner/dunch/whatever you want to call it was around 3:30-4:00, which was the ending of our tour. The other tour group at the 12:00 spot ate at 3:00 then did Walt's apartment, switching spots with my group. SERIOISLY HUNGRY after walking 4 miles in those 3.5 hours! I wasn't fond of the noon tour, HOWEVER, it was my first park day, with a 10am rope drop, so I felt rushed--got to do a few rides, then had to check in with the tour group. I think I would have liked it more of I did it on a day 2 or 3, either earlier, or later in the afternoon (which wasn't available).

Yeah, that's why I was inquiring about the later tour. I like to get in at park opening and do several rides before crowds get seriously thick. I think I'd be totally sold if they had one that started at 2 or 3 pm.

TIA!
We did the noon tour last year. I did not expect that we wouldn't get "lunch" until the very end, and I think they should have warned me about that when I booked the tour (since they call it "lunch") so that I'd know to eat something beforehand. My previous WiWF tour the year before started at 10:00 and we had lunch at a much more reasonable 1:00. We were all ravenous by the end, my DD9 miserably so.

When we did the 12:00pm WIWF tour last summer, we knew "lunch" wouldn't be until the end of the tour(from reading on the DIS), so we prepared and had lunch before the tour started. Our tour guide allowed us a little break part way through to use the restroom and grab a snack. I'm not sure if if there's usually a snack break during the tour, or if it was because it was super hot(heat advisory) that day.

When we did the 12:00pm WIWF tour last summer, we knew "lunch" wouldn't be until the end of the tour(from reading on the DIS), so we prepared and had lunch before the tour started. Our tour guide allowed us a little break part way through to use the restroom and grab a snack. I'm not sure if if there's usually a snack break during the tour, or if it was because it was super hot(heat advisory) that day.
We had a tinkle break (5 minutes) at the restrooms next to Autopia. No time to get a snack during our tour :(

We just did the tour this past weekend. This was our second time taking this tour. The first time was a few years ago, before they added a lift to make Walt's apartment accessible. So that time, we visited the Dream Suite over Pirates of the Caribbean on the tour. That was a wonderful experience, but still a disappointment compared to the anticipation of visiting his apartment.

This most-recent time, we did visit his firehouse apartment. The tour stopped at MANY locations that appeared to be not only places where the guide could talk about Walk and the park, but also placeholders for where the tour could actually go on an attraction that the guide just mentioned. That included places like the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Haunted Mansion, Autopia, it's a small world, Disneyland Railroad, etc. Our group experienced Alice in Wonderland and Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. Our tour was at 9:30 am, with 9 am check-in requested. The walking portion of the tour ended about three hours later at the Tour Gardens. There, we split into two groups. One group ate lunch at the Gardens with the tour guide there while the other group visited Walt's apartment with two docents. After a comfortable amount of time, the groups switched. The tour exceeded my expectations. We were very pleased to have been able to experience it.

The following sheet, handed to us as the end of the tour, shows information about tours they are currently selling. (Sorry for the wrinkly image.) This was the first time that I've seen in WRITING that Walt's apartment is included on the tour. The sheet still has the "subject to cancellation" proviso. But it's the most-solid affirmation I've yet seen that the apartment is a regular part of the tour now.

DisneylandTourInformationSheet.jpg

Here is the pin we received. It is identical to the pin we received last time. But the attached card was different, more generic, this time.
IMG_4616.jpg

I am waffling so badly on whether or not to do this tour when we go next February. I really want to, but I hate to use up so much of our park time!

When we did the tour in July we did the 2:30 tour so we could consider the meal as our dinner as we usually eat two meals a day breakfast and dinner. We ate at the end of the tour which was around 5:30. We were allowed to take a snack. They suggested we get popcorn or something if we would like. They gave us a small water bottle as well. Also they stopped and let people get a dole whip and another snack later on in Fantasyland or take a bathroom break. We went to moments with Mr. Lincoln and Alice & Wonderland on our tour.

I am waffling so badly on whether or not to do this tour when we go next February. I really want to, but I hate to use up so much of our park time!
I completely understand this. I felt like we spent so much time doing this and not riding any rides that day that I skipped the Paint the night parade as it was our last day. Unfortunately I was pretty disappointed with the tour because there was a lot of distraction walking through the park and I couldn't always hear what the tour guide was saying. At least I got to go to Walt's apartment and take a picture.

Was talking to the husband about it this weekend and he was like "Let's do it", so how can I argue with that?!

It'll be our 10th wedding anniversary, so we should do something special, anyway.

Depending on the number of days you're going, I suggest doing the tour on your last day in the parks. If you plan to do it your last day, you can make sure you do most of what you want to at the parks on the previous days so you don't feel like the tour is taking up precious park time. We did it on our last day and it was a great way to "wrap up" our trip! It was such a special day.

Depending on the number of days you're going, I suggest doing the tour on your last day in the parks. If you plan to do it your last day, you can make sure you do most of what you want to at the parks on the previous days so you don't feel like the tour is taking up precious park time. We did it on our last day and it was a great way to "wrap up" our trip! It was such a special day.

We're only doing 2 days and I'm planning on the second day! Good advice, for sure.

we were wanting to do this but just didn't work into our schedule (we will be there in two weeks). . . hopefully next trip . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!