Walk to MK from BLT?

bandjbaine

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
Can I walk from BLT over to the Magic Kindgdom? Any specifics on the route if there is one?

We just did it in Oct..was a short walk (about 8 minutes). Not sure how to tell you to go as we only did it the one time, but we just followed a sidewalk straight up (did cross a main road).

Yes you can walk and there's really only one way. Walk out from BLT towards the MK (under the monorail). You'll see a sidewalk heading towards the MK so just get on it and start walking. You'll have one road to cross with a stop light.

Yes you can walk to MK. Just across the parking lot near the guards entrance gate follow the path towards MK. You will have to cross a street but there's a signal. The short distance to MK is one of the things I like about BLT.

If wondering how far, it's about the same as the MK entrance back to BTMRR.

If you pull up a map on google (or another map site) you can zoom in. You will see there is a red brick sidewalk (with decorative pavers) that takes people right in to MK on the section after you cross World Drive at the light. Before then through the BLT parking lot it is just a regular sidewalk.

Here's an image where I added red lines that show the approximate location of the walkway.

BLTWalkway_zpsdd2dfca7.png

So great and easy to walk between BLT and MK. It looked to me like the walk from BLT to MK entrance may even be shorter than from some of the newly added bus stops to the entrance.

So great and easy to walk between BLT and MK. It looked to me like the walk from BLT to MK entrance may even be shorter than from some of the newly added bus stops to the entrance.

It's not much further than some. After Wishes you will likely be in your room before you could even be on a bus to most resorts.

Before BLT, we would stay in that wing of the CR. One of the reasons was because of the walk to MK...love that walk!

It's a wonderful walk over in the morning -- peaceful and delightful. Much faster than the monorail, if you are trying to get to a breakfast reservation or catch rope drop. I always thought we'd be too tired to walk back after a long day -- the monorail is tempting when you are the first stop but we have actually walked back many times. It's a bit dark, although there are lights. The bus stop area is about halfway back to the start of the BLT/CR parking lot from the MK entrance. Having that walkway available is a big draw for us to BLT!

This walkway is one of the great advantages of BLT. As someone mentioned, after Wishes you'll probably be in your room before people get to the new bus stops. Can't beat that.

walking is faster than taking the monorail to the MK.

now coming back they about even - alots of times the monorail is faster.

but walking up to the monorail at the MK - can be a problem - while walking down to the path is not a problem at all.

We walk to the MK and take the monorail home due to the direction of the resort monorail and also the fact we usually walk until we drop at the MK and can never be bothered walking back. It is a nice walk in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter