Walker mobility

Carolrita

Mouseketeer
im hoping someone can help me. I just rented a scooter for my dad for an upcoming trip in August from Walker Mobility. I wish I would have checked the reviews first. I’ve read a couple after paying and the reviews are not so great. Several people are saying their scooters are outdated and they don’t keep a charge long. Can anyone offer me advice? Should I try to cancel and look somewhere else? Have any of you had experience with this company? TIA.

im hoping someone can help me. I just rented a scooter for my dad for an upcoming trip in August from Walker Mobility. I wish I would have checked the reviews first. I’ve read a couple after paying and the reviews are not so great. Several people are saying their scooters are outdated and they don’t keep a charge long. Can anyone offer me advice? Should I try to cancel and look somewhere else? Have any of you had experience with this company? TIA.
if you read enough reviews you will find some like that for all the companies

I've never used them (I have my own ECV) but others rave about how wonderful they are.

When something goes right, you tell maybe two people. When something goes wrong, you tell everyone.

Customers with great experiences (like me, using Walker) are exponentially less likely to write a review than consumers with bad experiences.

I’m really surprised there are negative reviews. I rented from them because they seemed to have the most positive reviews. They’ve always been excellent.

Hi @Carolrita! Welcome to our little corner of the DIS! :)

Although it's been a few years since I rented from Walker (like some other folks around here, I have my own ECV that I travel with), here's a few tips that might help - regardless of the vendor!

First of all - and I can't stress this enough - charge your battery overnight, every night. A rental ECV should be able to go all day at WDW if it is properly and fully charged overnight. The exception to this is if a customer needs a larger size (bariatric) unit, and tries to "get by" with an undersized unit, the battery will drain faster because it is under a greater strain than it is designed for. Make sure the ECV you rent is the right size for you! :)

It's important to have the office hours & availability of your mobility vendor at hand. (Prior to owning my own ECV, I would make an address book or contacts entry in my phone for any mobility vendor I would rent from, so that I could access the number easily. In the "Notes" area, I would include information like office hours, and ask them about emergency after hours information.)

Do take the time to ask the vendor what their current after-hours policy is regarding an emergency - like if the unit stops working altogether (but the battery was charged) or if the battery won't hold a charge at all. Most of the time you will know if there is a problem well before they close the office for the day, but rarely, an ECV will fail later in the evening. If it should happen, find a Cast Member, tell them you need assistance (you may have to ask for a Manager to come help) and then leave a message for the vendor, and follow any emergency instructions they have given you.

Some people will confuse the *cosmetic condition* of the scooter with it's ability to perform. Rental scooters do receive a lot of abuse at the hands of either new users, or careless users ("It's not mine, so I don't care!") and often this shows in the cosmetic condition of the scooter - scuffs, scrapes, broken plastic covers, ripped seats, etc. As long as the unit *performs* - meaning it runs all day on a full charge, and gets you around safely - don't worry about how it looks.

Last, but not least, snap a couple of photos of the ECV when it is dropped off (both sides of the unit) and keep your paperwork safe somewhere besides the scooter. Just like when you rent a car, you want to be able to prove the condition the unit was in when it was delivered to you. Make sure that the battery is fully charged when it is dropped off (it should be) and that the charger is with the unit.

And go have fun! :)

Hi @Carolrita! Welcome to our little corner of the DIS! :)

Although it's been a few years since I rented from Walker (like some other folks around here, I have my own ECV that I travel with), here's a few tips that might help - regardless of the vendor!

First of all - and I can't stress this enough - charge your battery overnight, every night. A rental ECV should be able to go all day at WDW if it is properly and fully charged overnight. The exception to this is if a customer needs a larger size (bariatric) unit, and tries to "get by" with an undersized unit, the battery will drain faster because it is under a greater strain than it is designed for. Make sure the ECV you rent is the right size for you! :)

It's important to have the office hours & availability of your mobility vendor at hand. (Prior to owning my own ECV, I would make an address book or contacts entry in my phone for any mobility vendor I would rent from, so that I could access the number easily. In the "Notes" area, I would include information like office hours, and ask them about emergency after hours information.)

Do take the time to ask the vendor what their current after-hours policy is regarding an emergency - like if the unit stops working altogether (but the battery was charged) or if the battery won't hold a charge at all. Most of the time you will know if there is a problem well before they close the office for the day, but rarely, an ECV will fail later in the evening. If it should happen, find a Cast Member, tell them you need assistance (you may have to ask for a Manager to come help) and then leave a message for the vendor, and follow any emergency instructions they have given you.

Some people will confuse the *cosmetic condition* of the scooter with it's ability to perform. Rental scooters do receive a lot of abuse at the hands of either new users, or careless users ("It's not mine, so I don't care!") and often this shows in the cosmetic condition of the scooter - scuffs, scrapes, broken plastic covers, ripped seats, etc. As long as the unit *performs* - meaning it runs all day on a full charge, and gets you around safely - don't worry about how it looks.

Last, but not least, snap a couple of photos of the ECV when it is dropped off (both sides of the unit) and keep your paperwork safe somewhere besides the scooter. Just like when you rent a car, you want to be able to prove the condition the unit was in when it was delivered to you. Make sure that the battery is fully charged when it is dropped off (it should be) and that the charger is with the unit.

And go have fun! :)

Thank you!!

I used Walker for our trip in December. Next time, I'll go with a different company. The scooter worked but it was LOUDER than any of the other scooters I witnessed while I was there. They were also late at pickup. I had called an hour or so before my pickup window to confirm the pickup time and was told they were on schedule. I took the scooter to the front of the resort at the beginning of my return window and called again to let them know I was ready and again was told that they would be there within the hour. That hour came and went without them showing up. I called a third time and then, finally, they came about 20 minutes later.

I'll pay a little more next time for a company that can drop off and pickup without the customer being there.

Only had a problem once, scoters overheated and stop, replace it in two hours. Rented other times and never had a problem. Was at Bell service on check in. Returned it to bell when done

We just returned from a week at Universal and had 2 scooters. We use the heavy duty (for heavier folks) extended range. Both scooters were brand spankin' new. They were super quiet. Of course, with the extended range, we never have any issues with range, but we love the company and their scooters.

I love Waller Mobility!! I've used them on all of our trips and have never had an issue. I get a heavy duty scooter. They even delivered it earlier than promised on our last trip. We had gotten to the hotel early and were planning on just relaxing, but when they called and said that they could deliver it 2 hours early if we wanted, we jumped at the chance and were able to go to Disney Springs for the night.

They are also waterproof which is a plus in Florida.

We went to Animal Kingdom last year. Left the resort at 7 am. Didn't get back until almost 10 pm. Kept a full charge all day and we never had an issue. That's just one sample. We used it all day every day and as long as you charge it overnight you will be good to go the next day.

I agree with others. If you have a bad experience you will tell everyone. Good experiences, not so much.

I’ll just chime in, since I’ve used Walker on my last 3 trips and will continue to. My experience has been great. They’ve been on-time or early, open to itinerary changes, very friendly. I had a problem once when we rented 2 scooters and one was slower than the other. They replaced it within a couple hours at MK. I plan to rent from them on my upcoming trips as well. I saw a scooter from another company (can’t remember which one) on our last trip, and the wheels literally had chunks and chunks missing from the tires! Scooters will almost never come to you looking brand new and pretty because you will find that you’ll bump into things all the time, no matter how careful you are. But Walkers have always been fine, and nothing like that scooter I saw.

We used Walker about a year ago (our first and only time with a scooter) and it all worked out great. They had a pink "princess" model which my wife really liked. Alwats charged it over-night in the room, and it went all day, rain or shine. Would definitely rent from them again if we need a scooter.

This will be my 5th trip with walker. Their scooters last all day & then some, can be used in the rain (with a shower cap over the controls), and are super sturdy. I LOVE them!! Wish they would pay the fees to be able to drop off and pick up at Bell Services tho... :-(

This will be my 5th trip with walker. Their scooters last all day & then some, can be used in the rain (with a shower cap over the controls), and are super sturdy. I LOVE them!! Wish they would pay the fees to be able to drop off and pick up at Bell Services tho... :-(

Thanks. The shower cap is a great idea. I hadn’t thought about the controls.

For us, we have always had great experiences with Apple Scooters. Prior to the whole mess of only certain companies being allowed to drop off with bell services we always used Randy's mobility, but since they are not an approved vendor, Apple Scooters is our go to. We tried Buena Vista the first time one member of our party needed a scooter and I will say NEVER again, they have no customer service skills and are massively overpriced.

We had nothing but issues with the scooter we rented from Randy's Mobility. The scooter wouldn't hold a charge despite being plugged in all night. Ran out halfway during the day. We had to find places to plug it in and charge it. Called them and they told us we were doing something wrong. Never again.

I rented from Walker on my last trip in May 2017 from Walker and I think the scooter was well out dated. The seat was uncomfortable and the material got soaked when it rained unlike other scooters I have rented in the past. Also, the lever that you use to run the scooter was placed differently than the newer models and my thumb was really hurting after a days rental and I had to be in pain for two additional days. Also it made a lot of noise charging at night and I also believe this was due to it being old. Because of these reasons I will not rent from them again. Also what was inconvenient was that I had to wait to pick up and drop off the scooter to the company as this was not a Disney preferred company. My next rental I will take this into consideration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!