Walking Cane in Disney

Texasscuba

God Bless Texas
I have recently started using a waking cane because of knee and hip problems.

Does anyone know how Disney handles persons with a cane?

Any problems with rides?

Any problems with security?

Thanks,
TS

Thousands of guests use canes.

You might want to get one that can be pulled/folded into sections
so that you can more easily fit it on the attractions
(by your side or at your feet) with you.

Like this...
Cane.jpeg

I have recently started using a waking cane because of knee and hip problems.

Does anyone know how Disney handles persons with a cane?

Any problems with rides?

Any problems with security?

Thanks,
TS

No worries. I use a cane all the time. No problems with security. I do use one of the foldable canes as suggested by Robo so that it can go in my backpack during rides.

like others have said no problem if you do a ride like space that dose not allow cain on the ride a CM will move the cain to the exit for you, but if you get the cain like rob pointed out and you can put it in a bag or by your feet for the most part you can keep it with you.

I was sent to handicapped boarding area on a few rides that have steps. the exception was toy story where I was able to use the new side and not use handicapped area

The new side does not have any steps so there is no handicap line. If someone needs to stay in their wheelchair for this ride then they need to use the old line that does, sending someone that can transfer to the new side also leaves room for people that can not transfer.

I had the folding cane on my last trip (just returned) and there where zero issues with the cane at security. Zero issues getting on and off rides. I either used the cane, handrails, or a helping hand getting on and off rides.

Before I needed a scooter, I used a walker, and before that, I used a cane.

Mine didn't fold up, and I had no problems with it, at all. If you don't already own a folding cane, I wouldn't bother buying one. I would just use the one I had.

The CM know what to do with them. Some rides the cane can go right in the car with you. If it can't, the cane will be returned to you as you exit the car. Really, no fuss, no muss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!