Walking shoe

I love Skechers Go Walk shoes. They are ugly as sin but so comfortable, it's like walking on clouds! I can almost always find them somewhere for about $30/pair, sometimes less. They are also washable, so I can wear them without socks (don't judge me) and if they start to get a little stinky I can throw them in the washing machine. I have some that are at least 2 years old and have been washed multiple times, the older shoes are still holding up well, though the insoles start to fall apart after repeated washings, the cloth top separates from the foam part of the insole. But the insoles are removable if you want to just replace them; I just put a cloth or get insole on top of the old one and it works just fine.

Honestly, the ones that fit your feet (not size wise). Sketchers Go Walk are highly recommended but they cause me pain in my legs, like most similar shoes I have tried. I went to a running store and was fitted for shoes that fit my feet and the way I walk, and they are Asics Kayano. Ugly as anything, but my feet and legs don't hurt when I wear them.

I wear my running shoes that I also had fitted at a running store. They are Brooks Ravena 5s.

I have terrible feet. I wear orthotics everyday so can't walk around in flip flops. TBH that doesn't sound comfortable to me anyway.

I just bring sneakers. Not new but not old. I usually buy Asics. I have found them more comfortable and more affordable than Nike.

I bring a pair of flip flops for the pool and around the hotel.

Brooks Levitate. I wear these when I run and also bring a pair to WDW. Best shoe ever. I also bring FitFlops for the days I want to wear sandals. Between both, my feet and legs don’t ever hurt.

I wore Nike Free running shoes last trip. Two different pairs. They worked great. Along with Feetures socks and foot/body glide since I'm very prone to blisters. Worked like a charm!

Kuru is made for people with Plantar Fasciitis and heel spurs.
They have made the biggest difference in my foot pain. I work on my feet all day long and they're the only ones I can wear.

I like Merrill Moab Edge shoes. They're kind of like an athletic shoe and a hiking shoe in one. They are about $80 which is more than I like to spend,
but they are worth it. They have a mesh upper so they breath well. I buy a pair when I see them on sale. I have two pair right now and I refer to them as my "Disney shoes."
As for sandals I like Keen hiking style. They are very supportive.
I understand these shoes aren't very stylish, but they are very comfortable and my feet feel good after a week at the parks.
I would also recommend having at least two different pairs of shoes for a trip. It seems that switching up really helps my feet vs. wearing the same shoe for an entire trip.

I might also add that I was in the 210-215 lb range on my last several trips and I'm in the 190 lb range now so hopefully that will help my feet :)

I agree with Vionic- but each person has different feet so what works for one person might not work for you.

I too swear by Vionics. The built in orthotics are great if you have high arches or prefer shoes with good arch support. Skechers memory foam are nice and cushy, but don't have enough support for me. I have Vionic flip flops, sandals and sneakers. For a day at Disney it is sneakers hands down. I need the extra support or my ankle starts to hurt. Vionics can be pricey, but I've found good deals on 6pm and Amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts