• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wallock/Chivinski trip report- Escape Bride

annduardo

Earning My Ears
I never made a planning journal but I loved reading peoples trip reports so I thought I would post mine!

We were married last Thursday May 13 at the wedding pavillion.

Coordinator-Karen S B+ I really liked Karen, she answered every email very timely however sometimes she wouldnt answer all my questions in the email and would keep having to re ask her. Not a huge deal but sometimes it was annoying. The day of the wedding I was sooo excited and wish she would have seemed more enthusastic. She had her business face on and made sure everything ran smooth and timely. The one thing I really didnt like was during the cake/champagne toast she was kindly letting me know the limo would expire soon but she did it literally when we were about to feed each other the cake right after we cut it the first time. I understand she was trying to make sure I wasnt charged for additional time but she could have waited 30 seconds for us to finish!

Hair/Makeup-Patricia Lejeune A++ Patricia arrived with her assistant right on time and ready to work! I didnt have a set idea in mind and Patricia was able to visualize my ideas and produce a gorgeous hair style and incorporate the head piece I brought. She also made my mother and 2 bridesmaids look equally gorgeous, she gave everyone enough attention and created a cohesive and unique look for the whole party! So glad I got to have her for my wedding

IMG_3885.jpg

Wedding Pavillion-A It is gorgeous, private and AIR CONDITIONED! I was worried we would seem lost with such a small group but I didnt even notice, Im so glad I chose it!

Flowers-A Rosie is so sweet and so helpful, I wanted to go with something different then the options available and couldnt be more happy with the assortment of Hydrangeas the floral team put together!

Cake-B I loved the cake but some of my family found it dry and hated the outside frosting. I chose the chocolate and raspberry moosse for the bottom layer and almond/armaretto for the top. I liked the bottom layer better but the rest of the family LOVED the top!

IMG_3954.jpg

OfficiantA- Jack Day is like a sweet old Grandpa! He was so kind to everyone. He responded very quickly with all the paperwork and samples and even gave a personal phone call to make sure all was in order. The only thing was I guess he spoke to softly where my family couldnt hear him during the ceremony.

PortobellosA+ After being so dissappointed that my first 3 choices for the ceremony dinner either were booked or couldnt accomodate the number of people I had, I looked into restaurants in Downtown Disney and went with Portobellos. I was able to customize a dinner with the help of Ashley who was very attentative and helpful. We were able to sit outside in a private garden area which was ideal for the 3 small children in our party. We had DELICIOUS filet mignon for our main course. My in-laws enjoyed it so much they went back to the restaurant for dinner the next night! HIGHLY recommend!

Overall I couldnt have been more happy with how the day turned out, Im sad its all over! I cant wait to see the pictures, we did the Disney Photojournalistic package, I will impatiently wait 3 weeks to see them!

Congratulations! :goodvibes

It looks like you had a lovely wedding, and I know as someone just getting started in the planning process, I really appreciate all the detailed reviews you did.

I hope you'll post more photos once you get them. :)

thanks everyone!
I finally got to see my photos by DIsney!

I give Rick and Stephanie a A-/B+. I am happy with, they are what I expected them to be, nothing compared to the beautiful work some of the outside vendors do, but definitely enough good ones to choose from! Wish they would have taken some more pictures of my family and guests, and wish some of them werent so posed looking...

http://www.collages.net/consumersite/clientspecificpages/disney/login_fairytaleweddings.aspx

Wallock / Chivinski Wedding

I am glad you were able to get the link to work (and sharing it on my other thread too). I think your pictures are beautiful and I love our dress, hair, make up, flowers etc.

Your pictures turned out so good! It looks like such a wonderful wedding! Congratulations

Your photos are lovely - Disney photography are definitely getting more creative.

What is their definition of photojournalistic?

Im subscribing and looking forward to reading more. If i end up having an escape I was going to go to Portobello's so if you have pictures i'd be so interested

Oh my goodness, your photos are so lovely and you look beautiful! I adore that dress!! Who was your photographer if you don't mind my asking? I'm debating between just using Disney Photographic Services or getting an outside vendor. Your photos are so pretty, if I knew mine would turn out like that I wouldn't hesitate to use Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter