Walmart Grocery Delivery for campers

rideswithchrist

DIS Veteran
I am trying to arrange our groceries and we have not decided if we wanted to make day 1 a park day or just a fort day.

Has anyone tried Walmart's delivery? Or ANY delivery really. I picked Walmart because we can decide to pickup or have delivery and I am familiar with their selections.

How does that work for campers that are not in cabins- do they hold it at the front?

My understanding is that it is held at the front until your arrival, at least that's what I've seen others to post in the past.

I was just going to stop at the store when we got there. I looked into the delivery service, but too many complaints. This way i can fill the cooler with ice and get whaterver else i think i forgot.

My understanding is that it is held at the front until your arrival, at least that's what I've seen others to post in the past.

That is what I was thinking happened too. It looks like with Walmart, I can select a delivery time so I was thinking of doing mid afternoonish so it comes hopefully after our arrival. The only thing is that we will have cold items- can they store that in a fridge?

I was just going to stop at the store when we got there. I looked into the delivery service, but too many complaints. This way i can fill the cooler with ice and get whaterver else i think i forgot.

I didn't think about ice!!! The alternative we thought of was to do the Walmart pickup and just drive through, BUT if we want to hit the fort early and get set up- we would need to leave to go get the Walmart order. How far away is Walmart from the Fort? We picked up Costco on our way in last time so I can't recall where any of the stores are and a Google map image just does not compute ha.

OK- which of these two Walmarts would you prefer? I think I have an order set up at the one on the left.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 1.17.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 1.17.39 PM.png
    543.2 KB · Views: 8

Since you asked,

I've patronized the one on the bottom right corner for over 10 years but I shop in person. I've been to the one on 192 maybe once in the same time frame and there is probably not a dime's worth of difference between the two.

But to hit the one on 192, you have to turn right out of the Fort, loop around the TTC and Poly entrance, and then circle back and head out World Drive. For the one on 535, I turn left out of the Fort, right on Bonnet Creek (past the Best Friends pet kennel), then turn up onto Epcot Center Drive-it feels more direct. I admit I am more familiar with this corner of the off-property world. The one on 535 is also the one Disney provides transportation to for the College Program kids (my DD) who live in Disney housing on that side of "the World".

They both have a Target near them (both on 192 and around the corner from 535). So go with whichever one is more convenient. If getting delivery, again, prolly not a dime's worth of difference.

Bama Ed

PS - the Target and Wal-Mart stores around Disney have extensive souvenir stuff (tshirts, towels, pens, cards, keychains, knicknacks and doodads) with the Disney characters at pretty good prices. The difference with the park/property merchandise of the same ilk is that the on property stuff will have that figure of Mickey Mouse and the words "Magic Kingdom" or "Walt Disney World". At Wal-Mart or Target, a similar figure on a tshirt might say "Florida" or "Orlando" or nothing at all but it costs half. We try to get the family to Wal-Mart on 535 to browse their souvenir stuff to buy anything that looks good and is affordable before we hit the parks and are forced to buy the more expensive version (if we want to).

Last edited:
That is what I was thinking happened too. It looks like with Walmart, I can select a delivery time so I was thinking of doing mid afternoonish so it comes hopefully after our arrival. The only thing is that we will have cold items- can they store that in a fridge?

I didn't think about ice!!! The alternative we thought of was to do the Walmart pickup and just drive through, BUT if we want to hit the fort early and get set up- we would need to leave to go get the Walmart order. How far away is Walmart from the Fort? We picked up Costco on our way in last time so I can't recall where any of the stores are and a Google map image just does not compute ha.

Bell services have cold storage.

We used instacart on our most recent trip for groceries from publix. Whole foods was another option with Insta cart. There may have been other stores too.

We were down the road at the resort that is not Disney. So I wasn't sure if bell services there would take our grocery order. With Instacart I could schedule the time that I would be there to meet them. If you use the app, the shopper will contact you if they need to make a substitution. You can accept it or not. You can even track your delivery on the map on the app. Just thought I'd share that for another delivery option.

ooooh! Whole Foods. I may have to look into that now. I did think about Instacart too but with Walmart, I can put the items in my cart and then decide how to get them 24-48 hours before we arrive. I'll checkout my other options. We are keeping meals simple this time- breakfast and lunches only. No cooking at the campsite. As hubby said "we are not camping, we are staying in a popup at Disney".

Publix does instacart. They are also closer than WalMart. When you come out of the Fort turn left. It goes through the "backside" of WDW. When you come to the dead end turn left, Publix is on your left a few miles down. Usually very little traffic. The WalMarts are all in high traffic areas.

Im overthinking it now, lol. Im not going untill October. What kind of pop up and did you get a full hook up sight or pop up one? Yes im bringing a pop up also!

Thanks Ed and @2goofycampers Maybe we will try the Publix and skip the high traffic of Walmart. I am ok with dropping camp and heading to the store, it's not like we have never done that before but normally we are in the boonies and not a major city when we camp.

Im overthinking it now, lol. Im not going untill October. What kind of pop up and did you get a full hook up sight or pop up one? Yes im bringing a pop up also!

Haha- sorry for that! We are in my dad's 95 Starcraft. It has full hookups but we reserved the popup site because we were supposed to be taking our 92 Palomino which does not have a shoilet. I am ok with tent site because we have only ever camped in one of those so I would not know how to set up sewer anyway and the comfort stations look so nice.

I’m thinking of using Prime Now. You can select from either amazon fresh or Whole Foods. I may order from both. They deliver in 2 hours.

I normally shop at both Publix for most food and Walmart for non-food, but I won’t be able to this trip because we have to meet the RV guy.

I looked at Publix thru Instacart and saw that they not only charge a delivery fee, but also mark up the items.

In the past I’ve used Garden a grocer and WeGoShop. I was happy with both.

Haha- sorry for that! We are in my dad's 95 Starcraft. It has full hookups but we reserved the popup site because we were supposed to be taking our 92 Palomino which does not have a shoilet. I am ok with tent site because we have only ever camped in one of those so I would not know how to set up sewer anyway and the comfort stations look so nice.[/QUOTE]

The comfort stations are the best compared to any other campground, and in 30 years of camping, I can't count how many we've stayed in, I know I have 4 log books filled with adventures

We've never used grocery delivery. It isn't offered where we live.
We do use grocery pick-up weekly. We either pick up at Walmart or HEB.

When camping in Texas, we have been making an online grocery order at a store close to the campground (before we leave the house), then we pick it up after setting up camp. This has worked well for us .
I was thinking we would do an online grocery order and pick up the day before arriving at the fort, then get back out just to pick up more fruit, etc as needed.

Does Publix have quality produce?

When camping in Texas, we have been making an online grocery order at a store close to the campground (before we leave the house), then we pick it up after setting up camp. This has worked well for us .
I was thinking we would do an online grocery order and pick up the day before arriving at the fort, then get back out just to pick up more fruit, etc as needed.

Publix has an excellent selection and quality of produce here. It's an A-1 store!! Have a great time at the Fort!!

Ok , nice , have fun! And post a follow up please. Wondering how the pups will do in the fort!
Will do!

I’m thinking of using Prime Now. You can select from either amazon fresh or Whole Foods. I may order from both. They deliver in 2 hours.

I normally shop at both Publix for most food and Walmart for non-food, but I won’t be able to this trip because we have to meet the RV guy.

I looked at Publix thru Instacart and saw that they not only charge a delivery fee, but also mark up the items.

In the past I’ve used Garden a grocer and WeGoShop. I was happy with both.

I looked at Prime now, but they are lacking a few things that I can get at Walmart (like sprouted bread and Snapeas) so I am really undecided. I love the 2hr delivery vs the next day with Walmart though.

We tried that going to Dino Valley, but there were no Walmarts with a pickup available and I guess Brookshire Bros does not offer it yet so we just went in store. I have heard Publix is more like a Kroger... no one is HEB good haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter