Walmart

Martin Holder

Earning My Ears
we are landing in Orlando December 2018 and drive straight to Wilderness Lodge. We would like to stock up on water, beer etc before getting to Disney so was wondering where the nearest Walmart or equivalent is en route. Any advice?

no need to go to walmart to stock up on water, beer...
you can do that right on property at the petrol station - my mind is a blank....can't remember the name...it's near the entrance to the boardwalk inn...
there is a convenience store that sells stuff at pretty good prices..

or you can head to walgreens, which is close to the WDW entrance that's near disney springs...

or you can head to winn dixie, just a bit further down the same road....(that's where i prefer to do my grocery shopping when in orlando - i like it better than publix)

or you can head to the aforementioned publix.....pretty close to the entrance to WDW...

or if you insist, you can head to walmart...

i've never been to a walmart in florida (originally from detroit, so i've been to many of them in that area)..

not sure which is the walmart people go to...
you can look at the google map and see which is the closest to WDW..

Last edited:
looking at the map, maybe this is the closest walmart? it's a walmart supercenter..

https://www.walmart.com/store/5420/kissimmee-fl

https://www.google.co.il/maps/place...676a55f681f70f!8m2!3d28.3416143!4d-81.4861928

on the above map, you also can see where the publix supermarket is....
it's really quite close to the celebration entrance to WDW..
https://www.google.co.il/maps/place...49c1b84d954a4e!8m2!3d28.3311452!4d-81.5266657

That's great, thanks

The other option is to get a grocery delivery to Wilderness Lodge - I have just done my Garden Grocer order for October. I used them last year and they were really efficient and helpful, and it saves you having to go shopping when all you want is bed!

I'd avoid driving up I-4, you probably want to stick to Hwy 192 East or West side has shopping areas. Publix is in Celebration, a Target is down on West 192. Gas stations in various places, there is a Speedway across from Boardwalk Inn, another Speedway on the way out of Magic Kingdom Area, and yet another near Disney Springs.

It's all about Amazon Pantry now apparently.

Touring Plans did a good comparison piece. A $130 basket with GG cost $75 with Amazon, madness!

i have amazon prime so i checked out amazon pantry...it didn't have half the stuff garden grocer has....
so i stuck with GG..

i have amazon prime so i checked out amazon pantry...it didn't have half the stuff garden grocer has....
so i stuck with GG..

Granted it's not for everyone, but it appears the savings are there to be had. Some of the items are compared are 50% cheaper on Amazon!

i really tried to use it, but i couldn't even fill up a box - i only managed to get the box 47% full and even that was with taking things i didn't really want...

GG is much more useful for people vacationing at disney...
AP is for people at home....and truthfully, even then there wasn't much i wanted....

The other option is to get a grocery delivery to Wilderness Lodge - I have just done my Garden Grocer order for October. I used them last year and they were really efficient and helpful, and it saves you having to go shopping when all you want is bed!
So you can shop now with garden grocer and have it delivered on a specific day? The hotel will just hold it for you?

So you can shop now with garden grocer and have it delivered on a specific day? The hotel will just hold it for you?

Hi - yes they will. I do an order every year from the UK for the day we arrive and then just collect it from bell services when we arrive. You can even order alcohol as long as you send them a scan of your ID. If you order more than 60 days out you get 10% off. I believe you can also do this with Amazon Pantry though that works slightly differently - i think as its a parcel its held in check-in and there is a $5 charge for them to hold it for you (may work out cheaper overall though, I've never checked as I know Garden Grocer works for me).

Hi - yes they will. I do an order every year from the UK for the day we arrive and then just collect it from bell services when we arrive. You can even order alcohol as long as you send them a scan of your ID. If you order more than 60 days out you get 10% off. I believe you can also do this with Amazon Pantry though that works slightly differently - i think as its a parcel its held in check-in and there is a $5 charge for them to hold it for you (may work out cheaper overall though, I've never checked as I know Garden Grocer works for me).
Hmm I might have to check both of them out. I would have thought Amazon pantry would have more selection. Do you know if you can still arrange delivery for a specific day? Thanks for your help

Hmm I might have to check both of them out. I would have thought Amazon pantry would have more selection. Do you know if you can still arrange delivery for a specific day? Thanks for your help

I saw someone on one thread saying that there was less choice on Amazon Pantry... I don't know though because I haven't looked. Garden Grocer has never had anything but good reviews (from what I've seen) so I always stick with them.

I saw someone on one thread saying that there was less choice on Amazon Pantry... I don't know though because I haven't looked. Garden Grocer has never had anything but good reviews (from what I've seen) so I always stick with them.
Yeah I brought it up that it can be cheaper with Amazon, but another lady said she couldn't find stuff on there.

The Touring Plans article I read raved about how good it was except you can't get booze. Sometimes you can't sniff at 40% off and make a couple of comprimises though

Yeah I brought it up that it can be cheaper with Amazon, but another lady said she couldn't find stuff on there.

The Touring Plans article I read raved about how good it was except you can't get booze. Sometimes you can't sniff at 40% off and make a couple of comprimises though

Giving up wine seems like one compromise too far... o_O

Checked out prime on Amazon.com and although I have Amazon prime on the English site it doesn't work on the American one. I'm defo not subscribing to prime on both so guess I'll be using garden grocer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter