Do you work for Disney lol? You’re strangely aggressive about this topic. I think it’s funny that you think that the people on here are the greedy ones. People are paying huge amounts of money and expect a lot because of this. Prices are increasing constantly all the while Disney has removed perk after perk, then introduces a “perk” so transparently unhelpful to the majority of guests, I can understand why people are irritated. They’re paying more and more and getting less and less, and when there are so many ways Disney could try to make things better, this is what they do. And I’m no Disney hater, I’m a Disney loving, DVC member but I can still see reality. I guess this perk is better than nothing, but not by much for the many people who can’t use it.
It’s the equivalent of Disney offering up free food, as much as you can eat!

Except they are offering up free brussel sprouts…

(Queue people who like them.)

Do you work for Disney lol? You’re strangely aggressive about this topic. I think it’s funny that you think that the people on here are the greedy ones.
I don't work for Disney, nor do I know anyone who does. Disney is throwing out a (small) perk. Great if you can use, not big deal if you don't. I didn't read all the PR stuff. Is Disney using this perk to explicitly justify a specific room rate increase?

I'd compare it to offering a complimentary house salad, at dinner, to DDP guests. Not a big deal. Some posters will complain. Why can't Disney offer a real appetizer such as shrimp.

Thanks for sharing this news! Not sure we will be able to use it in late January, given the temps, but as many times as I've been to Disney I've never done the water parks. This would be interesting. I'm guessing you'd have to drop your luggage at the hotel, and either wear your swim stuff or keep it in a carry-on bag you could take with you? The logistics of all of this leave a little to be desired. :/

Thanks for sharing this news! Not sure we will be able to use it in late January, given the temps, but as many times as I've been to Disney I've never done the water parks. This would be interesting. I'm guessing you'd have to drop your luggage at the hotel, and either wear your swim stuff or keep it in a carry-on bag you could take with you? The logistics of all of this leave a little to be desired. :/
Many guests do that already - bring their swim things in a carryon and spend time at the resort pool until their room is ready. This gives an additional option for those who arrive early.

Like many of you, I have been going to WDW at least once every year for 10+ years. I have never been to one of their water parks, and this won’t change that. I’d rather have some coupons for free Mickey bars.

(Queue people who like them.)
Wait… are they the grilled Brussel sprouts with the spicy mayo on the side?? :D

I was dismayed when I read this offering. Here in the UK the 14 day ticket includes water park entry, and the weather doesn't put us off (your winter is better than our summer), so we always go for two half-days. However in 2022, post-COVID with only one park open, the queues for the slides were ridiculous. I pray they open both in August 2025 when we're next due back.

I think the water park is a great perk.

Holy crap people, these tickets are $75 each. For a family that's a big save.

Of course, our first day we are always on property very early, whether by getting in late the day before and staying offsite, or, flying in early the day we check in.

Usually we can make it to the resort early to drop bags then hit a park, I can see us taking advantage of a water park this day, plus saving a day of Park tickets.

We aren't big 'settle in' fans on day 1, I'm not even sure what that means. And if we get a room very early, we've received rooms at 7 or 8 am a number of times, we can unpack in less than 10 minutes and we're good to go.

Disney offers a lot of perks that everyone can't use, and, this is just another one of them. A spa and gym is a perk I don't use, but, I don't complain about them having them when I don't want to use them.

I found Magical Express neither Magical or Express, but, just because I never used it, (except once), I still considered it a useful perk to someone.

I love this perk. Here is my plan.
Take an afternoon flight to mco arriving in the evening. Use morning to pack and to take it easy with young kids.
Stay at the Hyatt at MCO. Low stress and easy option.
Next day, grab a rental car and head to the Waterpark to have a full day there.
Then check into my hotel at wdw.

My guess is this is done by Disney to give them more guests with later check-in times. This allows the hotels to operate with fewer housekeepers which is a variable cost to Disney with a mostly fixed cost of the Waterpark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter