Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I've read through many of the recent posts of this thread (back to page 130 or so, I think - eyes glazed at a certain point) and the sense I got was that it's a toss-up whether you get an upgrade with SPG gold when booking on points. I didn't want to risk roll of the dice, so I called and spent a few extra points to ensure an upgrade. Maybe you could try that if an upgraded room is important to you?
Thanks, I spent all my points so there's none left to upgrade..im okay getting the standard view..was just curious.

How long does it take to get from the Swan bus stop to each of MK and AK? Trying to do some daily planning ahead of our ADR window opening in a week and a half ...
I would allocate 30 minutes. Typically less, but one never knows of a possible delay.

How long does it take to get from the Swan bus stop to each of MK and AK? Trying to do some daily planning ahead of our ADR window opening in a week and a half ...
They have been times when I waited for more than 30 minutes for a bus at the Swan. So, in addition to actual travel time, add in some wait time for the bus to arrive at the Swan. Unfortunately, there is no departure board at either Swan or Dolphin, like there is at Disney Resorts, so, you just never know when the next bus will arrive.

What kind of luck have you guys had booking a standard view room at the dolphin and getting the complimentary upgrade/enhanced room?

Just wondering, I have spg gold and booked the standard room with points...just hoping I get really lucky but have low expectations.
Same here!

What kind of luck have you guys had booking a standard view room at the dolphin and getting the complimentary upgrade/enhanced room?

Just wondering, I have spg gold and booked the standard room with points...just hoping I get really lucky but have low expectations.

We have been upgraded every time we have stayed at either Swan or Dolphin...just room view not to a balcony or suite....some we've turned down to check in sooner...others have made a nice difference for viewing fireworks.
We're SPG gold

I have seen this exact statement countless times here on the DIS, but for 6 years now I have been unsuccessful in being able to make it happen. I check constantly at all different times of the year, with zero success.

We adore the Epcot Area Resorts with Boardwalk being our favorite. But unless we can rent points from my family it's just too high. Our 2nd favorite is CBR and love staying there. We feel it's the best bang for our $$ on property. If I could book the Swan or Dolphin for something close to CBR, I'd jump all over it. Can you give me any tips how to make it happen? It's becoming an obsession.

There's something in here that makes me think it isn't all the way true. Here's what I mean:
The only epcot area moderate is CBR.
Is cbr really Epcot area? Isn't it the only Epcot area resort that doesn't share the walking path, or the boat service? IMO, CBR should be cheaper than Swolphin. I guarantee you that if the Dis put a mod somewhere between Hollywood and Swan, it would cost more than CBR, no?

The location is worth a decent amount, imo. And so does the dis - aren't the places within walking distance to any park super pricey? Doesn't Swolphin have the amenities of a Deluxe by Disney standards? I don't really have a dog in the fight, so to speak, I'm just throwing out ideas on the whole deluxe for moderate price thing.

There's something in here that makes me think it isn't all the way true. Here's what I mean:
The only epcot area moderate is CBR.
Is cbr really Epcot area? Isn't it the only Epcot area resort that doesn't share the walking path, or the boat service? IMO, CBR should be cheaper than Swolphin. I guarantee you that if the Dis put a mod somewhere between Hollywood and Swan, it would cost more than CBR, no?

The location is worth a decent amount, imo. And so does the dis - aren't the places within walking distance to any park super pricey? Doesn't Swolphin have the amenities of a Deluxe by Disney standards? I don't really have a dog in the fight, so to speak, I'm just throwing out ideas on the whole deluxe for moderate price thing.

Not sure how much $ CBR is per night...but for what its worth we used to stay at the BC/YC/BW at the same time of year for several years. We now stay almost exclusively at Swolphin....the room price difference per day on average, for us, was about $100 - when we don't use points....and up until 4 years ago the % difference was really pronounced....sadly the gap is closing.

Our average standard room with tax and room charge ranges from $210-$250....on average at BC/YC/BW our recent best price comparisons were around $310-$350 with tax...

I do check weekly for rates at Swolphin for Spring and Fall travel but don't really keep up that much with the pricing BC/YC/ BW anymore since we are quite pleased with our new home.

Does that help?

Just to clarify, I did not say that you pay less at the Swan or Dolphin than a mod. Just that the price you pay for the Swan/Dolphin is most comparable to Disney moderate rates.

That may not be a fair comparison if we are talking about discounted rates, but I wouldn't pay rack rate at either a Disney resort or the Swan/Dolphin.

In any event, it is highly unlikely that you will find a Disney deluxe room for the price you are likely to pay for a Swan/Dolphin room. Disney's deluxe resorts are priced much higher while the amenities at the Swan/Dolphin are at least comparable and better in many cases.

When are you trying to stay here? I'm checking in on Friday and my rate is $150 per night for the Swan. I've noticed that they lower rates at about 30 days to two weeks out if they need to fill rooms. My rate was $183 before I saw the $150 rate two weeks ago. Even with the resort fee and parking it's less than CBR. I did see BW for $259 for APs, but I couldn't pass up the $150 at the Swan!

I'm sitting in a king bed at the Swan right now. I LOVE it here. First timer, and recently Swolphin-curious (never been on my radar until recently). I've read and heard a lot of anti-Swolphin sentiments, but am I ever glad I didn't fall for that! :thumbsup2

question: I'm nitpicking the amenities listed on the Swan site, but, where is this "Sleep Well Lavender Balm"? Has anyone had this in their room? I want extra assurance to sleep well :rotfl:

I'm sitting in a king bed at the Swan right now. I LOVE it here. First timer, and recently Swolphin-curious (never been on my radar until recently). I've read and heard a lot of anti-Swolphin sentiments, but am I ever glad I didn't fall for that! :thumbsup2

question: I'm nitpicking the amenities listed on the Swan site, but, where is this "Sleep Well Lavender Balm"? Has anyone had this in their room? I want extra assurance to sleep well :rotfl:

You put the balm on? Who told you to put the balm on?

When are you trying to stay here? I'm checking in on Friday and my rate is $150 per night for the Swan. I've noticed that they lower rates at about 30 days to two weeks out if they need to fill rooms. My rate was $183 before I saw the $150 rate two weeks ago. Even with the resort fee and parking it's less than CBR. I did see BW for $259 for APs, but I couldn't pass up the $150 at the Swan!

Yep, I've noticed that too. I've changed my booking for my upcoming trip at Dolphin 3 times already because rates keep getting lower. First time they lowered I thought well let's add another day so I added a day. Then they lowered again and I changed the rate. Then it lowered again and I thought, well heck let's add another day so I added a Pop day on the front with an AP rate. So far I've extended my trip by 2 days and am only paying $50 more than the original amount. I'll keep checking right up until my cancellation date and I'm hoping they will change again. I would love Swan for even the same rate as I'm paying at Dolphin right now, which is $165 before all the fees and parking.

We just returned after one week there at the Swan. It was way too long between this and our last trip.

It was as nice as always. I am not familiar with the balm. I saw none there and can't find it on the Swan website. In any case, enjoy!!

For me, Swolphin is always cheaper than any Disney property because I use SPG points. Honestly after my first trip, and having previously stayed at values (and one time a moderate), I thought, there's no going back. $28/night at the Dolphin affords me so much savings that I splurge one night each trip at resorts I never would have dreamed of being able to afford (AKL, Poly on rented DVC). And we love the Dolphin. Being close to the parks and not feeling land locked by your one particular resort adds so much to your vacation.

For me, Swolphin is always cheaper than any Disney property because I use SPG points. Honestly after my first trip, and having previously stayed at values (and one time a moderate), I thought, there's no going back. $28/night at the Dolphin affords me so much savings that I splurge one night each trip at resorts I never would have dreamed of being able to afford (AKL, Poly on rented DVC). And we love the Dolphin. Being close to the parks and not feeling land locked by your one particular resort adds so much to your vacation.

Well said. My dream was to stay concierge at the Poly for my last birthday trip. Instead, I cancelled the reservation, saved the $5000, got a room on points at the Dolphin for almost nothing, and spent the money on a bunch of fancy dinners and VIP experiences!

@dansdad just reading through some posts here from earlier in the week. If earning SPG points doesn't matter to you, it is fairly easy to find and book Swolphin via Priceline Express deals or Hotwire for a steep discount. Like $95/night before taxes + resort fee, bringing it to ~$140/nt total. There's a thread floating around on the DIS with tips on how to do this, but betterbidding (dot com) is a more complete resource if you're interested. HW deals allowed me to stay at YC for $176/nt plus tax earlier on this trip.

~~~~~

I booked Swan directly as I was curious about their loyalty program and signed up during booking (and the SPG member rates were lower, it was a last-minute, few-weeks-in-advance kind of trip, etc). Got upgraded to a resort view w/balcony upon checkin! I assume this is a "new SPG member, it's her first stay, time to cultivate brand loyalty" move :laughing: but maybe also something to do with booking a king room in the first place? Either way, I feel it working. I love the pools here, and the resort layout, and, well, everything. :goodvibes

Just so nobody thinks I'm too crazy, though I suspect that ship has now sailed:
when on the "select a room" page for Swan after choosing dates > click on "Learn More About (<view category here, trad resort etc.>) Rooms" to the left under the room image, under information about room size etc. > then click the Standard Amenities tab in the pop-up window:
https://pasteboard.co/GHakkNv.png

There! :laughing: It must be a Westin thing that just isn't at the Swan. I googled it and saw it for sale from the Westin online store and a few other places.

...but if anyone ever finds it in their room, report back :thumbsup2

This is me. Dolphin w/SPG points. This time added 1 night Poly, paid with Chase points and $165 cash. Can't wait.

Yep, I've noticed that too. I've changed my booking for my upcoming trip at Dolphin 3 times already because rates keep getting lower. First time they lowered I thought well let's add another day so I added a day. Then they lowered again and I changed the rate. Then it lowered again and I thought, well heck let's add another day so I added a Pop day on the front with an AP rate. So far I've extended my trip by 2 days and am only paying $50 more than the original amount. I'll keep checking right up until my cancellation date and I'm hoping they will change again. I would love Swan for even the same rate as I'm paying at Dolphin right now, which is $165 before all the fees and parking.

How do you rebook at the lower rate? If it's within 60 days, do you lose your FP+ reservations or do you keep the same reservation #?

I have seen this exact statement countless times here on the DIS, but for 6 years now I have been unsuccessful in being able to make it happen. I check constantly at all different times of the year, with zero success.

We adore the Epcot Area Resorts with Boardwalk being our favorite. But unless we can rent points from my family it's just too high. Our 2nd favorite is CBR and love staying there. We feel it's the best bang for our $$ on property. If I could book the Swan or Dolphin for something close to CBR, I'd jump all over it. Can you give me any tips how to make it happen? It's becoming an obsession.

I just cost compared a room at CBR for Jan 24-Feb 3rd, 2018 (7 nights), 5 day Park Hoppers for $3069.69 ...The Costo travel deal for the Dolphin, same nights, same tickets was $3271.64 (Costco deal includes upgraded resort view room and resort fees). I'd say that's very comparable ...or an even better deal considering the amenities are more deluxe at the Swolphin. I do realize, that is a rack room rate at CBR, and price might decrease with a discount, but I think I would rather stay at the Swolphin because of the location and walkability to two parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter