Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Ok. Sounding good. Some follow up questions:

How many people does this kind of room sleep? It’s me and hubby and our 5 and 7 year old. I don’t love the idea of the kids sharing the pull out. Can we get a cot?

Is this the correct category of room that qualifies for the Club Level Fast passes?
I don't know if any Swan/Dolphin rooms qualify for Club Level fastpasses. Technically the Swan Deluxe Alcove is a 3 person occupancy room. I don't know about Dolphin.

Since you mentioned maybe getting a connecting room, another option is to just book a 1 bedroom executive suite. I'm not sure if it was on this forum or flyertalk, but one popular option is to book a standard room on points for 12k a night. Then call the hotel (not SPG) and inquire about reserving a connecting parlor for an extra $200 a night. So for 12k+$200 a night you get a 1 BR executive suite. I may be a little off on my math, so search this forum or flyertalk.

I don't know if any Swan/Dolphin rooms qualify for Club Level fastpasses. Technically the Swan Deluxe Alcove is a 3 person occupancy room.
From what I can find here is the skinnny, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels – Presidential Suites, Governor Suites, Parlor Suites, Premium Alcove Rooms.

From what I can find here is the skinnny, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels – Presidential Suites, Governor Suites, Parlor Suites, Premium Alcove Rooms.
Yes. This info is what got me to look into this Premium Alcove Room. Then I got confused. Ha ha. I can’t cram my family into a Premium Alcove Room if the occupancy is only 3. So I need it to connect. I was open to a 1 bedroom with the parlor attached but I don’t want to spend 5 nights on a pullout. I am just very tempted by the extra fast passes scenario and we are willing to pay for it this trip since flight and hotel are booked on points (well, hotel could change I guess). I’m going to bed now, ultimately confused and let’s hope for a clearer head tomorrow. Thanks everyone!

Now, for a 6 night stay during that timeframe:
Included Extras
  • Two-category upgrade to a newly renovated Fireworks-View Room (reflected in price)
  • $100 resort credit (per room, per stay)
  • Complimentary upgrade to a Park Hopper® Plus Ticket provides access to Disney's Water Parks

Can this be applied to current reservations?

Can someone provide a link to the Dolphin (or Swan) Premium Alcove Room? I'm getting myself so confused on the website.

And, would anyone know if this room can connect to a standard double room?

And, would this room be able to be booked on points.

Thanks!

Yes, to both of your last questions. At the Swan I have a king alcove room booked on points and a second two queens room on cash (didn’t have enough points) with a request for connecting. When on the phone with spg I was told that, yes, connecting rooms are available with an alcove even though in pictures on their website you can’t see a connecting door anywhere. I was also told that even though the alcove is classified deluxe w/resort view, that the second room didn’t necessarily have to be of the same classification. In other words, the second one could be standard view.

I wasn’t sure I trusted the info - first, I worried how two rooms side-by-side could be of different classifications and second, I’d sure like to see that connecting door in a picture. So the next day I called Swan to check up on my reservations and they assured me the info was correct. That’s confirmation from two different sources so I’m going to trust ‘em. The Swan has never failed me yet.

Yes, to both of your last questions. At the Swan I have a king alcove room booked on points and a second two queens room on cash (didn’t have enough points) with a request for connecting. When on the phone with spg I was told that, yes, connecting rooms are available with an alcove even though in pictures on their website you can’t see a connecting door anywhere. I was also told that even though the alcove is classified deluxe w/resort view, that the second room didn’t necessarily have to be of the same classification. In other words, the second one could be standard view.

I wasn’t sure I trusted the info - first, I worried how two rooms side-by-side could be of different classifications and second, I’d sure like to see that connecting door in a picture. So the next day I called Swan to check up on my reservations and they assured me the info was correct. That’s confirmation from two different sources so I’m going to trust ‘em. The Swan has never failed me yet.
Thank you so very much for this info. I’m going to call them a bit later today to find out if we do switch to this configuration if it will also qualify as “club level” so we can at least consider the extra fast pass option.

Can someone provide a link to the Dolphin (or Swan) Premium Alcove Room? I'm getting myself so confused on the website.

And, would anyone know if this room can connect to a standard double room?

And, would this room be able to be booked on points.

Thanks!
Are you asking about a deluxe alcove room or a premium studio room? I believe only the Dolphin has the premium studio rooms, the Swan and Dolphin both have deluxe alcove rooms. The Swan deluxe alcove rooms are either two queens or a king, the Dolphin rooms would be king or two doubles. The premium studio rooms at the Dolphin are either king or two doubles. There is a pull out couch in the living room, and plenty of room for a cot if needed. The premium studio room is larger than the deluxe alcove room. Our premium studio room had two connecting doors, one in the living room area and one in the bedroom. Both of those rooms are supposed have the paid FP's. Has anyone been able to book them?

Are you asking about a deluxe alcove room or a premium studio room?

I honestly don't know what I am asking about. The exact verbiage from Disney Signature Services states that at Swan/Dolphin:

Premium Alcove Rooms qualify for CL Fast Passes

So since I cannot find this exact room category online, I am not sure if this room category is actually the Deluxe Alcove Room aka Family Room or the Premium Studio Room.

So since I cannot find this exact room category online, I am not sure if this room category is actually the Deluxe Alcove Room aka Family Room or the Premium Studio Room.
A quick call to them, 407.934.4000, should get you the accurate information.

I honestly don't know what I am asking about. The exact verbiage from Disney Signature Services states that at Swan/Dolphin:

Premium Alcove Rooms qualify for CL Fast Passes

Can you report back and let us know what you find out? I was also interested in booking a category that qualifies for the club level fast passes. Do you know how many points the Premium Alcove Rooms are? Thanks!

Can you report back and let us know what you find out? I was also interested in booking a category that qualifies for the club level fast passes. Do you know how many points the Premium Alcove Rooms are? Thanks!
OK. Here is what I confirmed:

To qualify for Club Level services with Disney at Swan you need to book a Deluxe Alcove (or higher level suite) and at Dolphin, one of their Family Rooms - Deluxe Alcove or Premium Studio (or higher level suite). If you book these on points, there is a cash upgrade charge.

For example, we booked at the balcony level, which is 11,000 points per night. To change the room to a Premium Studio, it's $80/night.

Once booked, you are given a number to call DSS.

Now my concern is: Can the four of us comfortably sleep in that room for 5 nights? No real wall separating the bedroom and living area, but there is a partition. I'm thinking DH and I sleep in the bedroom, 7 year old on the pull out, and we can spring for a rollaway cot for my 5 year old ($25/night). By doing this option, we would release our second room and get 44,000 points back.

EDITED TO ADD: I spoke with Katherine at Swolphin and she rocked! So patient with me :)

Last edited:
Are you asking about a deluxe alcove room or a premium studio room? I believe only the Dolphin has the premium studio rooms, the Swan and Dolphin both have deluxe alcove rooms. The Swan deluxe alcove rooms are either two queens or a king, the Dolphin rooms would be king or two doubles. The premium studio rooms at the Dolphin are either king or two doubles. There is a pull out couch in the living room, and plenty of room for a cot if needed. The premium studio room is larger than the deluxe alcove room. Our premium studio room had two connecting doors, one in the living room area and one in the bedroom. Both of those rooms are supposed have the paid FP's. Has anyone been able to book them?
My head hurts. :laughing:

A quick call to them, 407.934.4000, should get you the accurate information.
That's what I always do, but I don't even know what I'd be asking. :scratchin

If anybody does call to find out about what rooms can get the extra Fastpass, can they ask if Executive Suites are eligible?

OK. Here is what I confirmed:

To qualify for Club Level services with Disney at Swan you need to book a Deluxe Alcove (or higher level suite) and at Dolphin, one of their Family Rooms - Deluxe Alcove or Premium Studio (or higher level suite). If you book these on points, there is a cash upgrade charge.

For example, we booked at the balcony level, which is 11,000 points per night. To change the room to a Premium Studio, it's $80/night.

Once booked, you are given a number to call DSS.

Now my concern is: Can the four of us comfortably sleep in that room for 5 nights? No real wall separating the bedroom and living area, but there is a partition. I'm thinking DH and I sleep in the bedroom, 7 year old on the pull out, and we can spring for a rollaway cot for my 5 year old ($25/night). By doing this option, we would release our second room and get 44,000 points back.

EDITED TO ADD: I spoke with Katherine at Swolphin and she rocked! So patient with me :)
The premium studio rooms are 700 sq feet. The room we were in were in had a wall but no door separating the bedroom from the living room. Four people would be very comfortable in one. I don't know if all the premium studios are the same, I've only been in one.

Saying "hello" to everyone as I begin planning our first stay at Swan/Dolphin for February 2019! Heard some great things here and from family about these hotels so I'm hoping for a magical stay despite it being non-Disney. Feelings about which to book..Swan or Dolphin? We are a family of 4 with kids ages almost 6 and 10 when we'll travel in February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter