Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Staying at the Boardwalk in September but booked blow out appointments at Mandara! Is it in the Swan or Dolphin? Anyone ever get a hair appointment there and have a review to share? The reviews on Yelp and TripAdvisor are largely about the spa services...

Other than when I brought my own kid into the Swan pool in 2008, I have never seen any kids in the lap pool next to the Swan.

It was February and not very hot, but somebody told us the water was warmest in that pool. It actually was so I swam in it with my 12 year old.

So there’s still no boat service to Swan/Dolphin from Epcot/Epcot resorts?

The Friendship boats *are* running between Epcot and the Epcot resorts, including YC/BC, Boardwalk, and Swan/Dolphin. We were just there this past week and took the boat twice.

The boats are not running between Hollywood Studios and any of the Epcot resorts or Epcot right now.

We’re staying at the Swan during our trip and driving to at least 2 parks, what do we need to show/tell the parking attendants so we aren’t charged for parking since we’re onsite guests. *this is our first time staying on-site*

We’re staying at the Swan during our trip and driving to at least 2 parks, what do we need to show/tell the parking attendants so we aren’t charged for parking since we’re onsite guests. *this is our first time staying on-site*
Your Swan room key card.

I'm assuming you're referring to MK and AK... I think it is much more convenient to take the bus to MK from Swan. I never find the buses to be overly crowded at S&D... and it drops you off much closer than if you drive. just my .02.

I'm assuming you're referring to MK and AK... I think it is much more convenient to take the bus to MK from Swan. I never find the buses to be overly crowded at S&D... and it drops you off much closer than if you drive. just my .02.
I agree with that, especially for MK I have found the buses are fine for both parks

Actually, you do pay for parking. You will use your room key card to access the self-parking lot and the charges will appear on your bill at check-out.

I want to say it’s currently $23 per night plus tax.

Actually, you do pay for parking. You will use your room key card to access the self-parking lot and the charges will appear on your bill at check-out.

I want to say it’s currently $23 per night plus tax.

I think @NoriKL was talking about paying to park at the theme parks. You do not have to pay to park at the theme parks as a guest of the Swan or Dolphin but you do have to pay to park at the Swan/Dolphin. And I think @JerseyJanice is right about the rate :thumbsup2

I think @NoriKL was talking about paying to park at the theme parks. You do not have to pay to park at the theme parks as a guest of the Swan or Dolphin but you do have to pay to park at the Swan/Dolphin. And I think @JerseyJanice is right about the rate :thumbsup2

Duh!

ETA: What have you been up to lately, Melinda? I haven’t “seen” you around much lately. Hope all is well. :)

Probably been mentioned but wondering if there is a new estimated date for when the boat service will be restored completely.

From what I understand, the only stop not ready yet is HS, correct? Unfortunately, from the Swan/Dolphin, that's the only one we'd use (we're there in mid-July). Easier to walk to Epcot / YC-BC / BW.

HS is a bit further than Epcot and in July the boat is a better choice imo.

Probably been mentioned but wondering if there is a new estimated date for when the boat service will be restored completely.

From what I understand, the only stop not ready yet is HS, correct? Unfortunately, from the Swan/Dolphin, that's the only one we'd use (we're there in mid-July). Easier to walk to Epcot / YC-BC / BW.

June 23rd.

The boat is far more pleasant and scenic, but the bus ride is pretty quick.

One thing I want to warn folks about tho—the bus stop at the Studios is marked for the Crescent Lake resorts, meaning Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan/Dolphin and Boardwalk.

When you are returning from the Studios and you get to the bus stop and see a line, always tap on the bus door and ask which resort it’s going to.

We got on a huge line at DHS. The bus itself was marked “Hollywood Studios.” We assumed it was full even though it was parked there for a few minutes.

After it left, we found out it was going to the Swan, Dolphin and Boardwalk. The people in front of us were waiting for a Yacht and Beach Club. It was raining, and we had to schlepp from the YC to the Swan because we didn’t want to wait another 20 minutes for the next Swan bus. I was so mad!

We had a similar experience at AK late one night, but that time I knew to ask the driver. You never know when they’re going to combine resorts, and they’re not always clearly marked. I think in both cases (DHS and AK), the driver announced where he was going when he arrived, but we got there after that.

Duh!

ETA: What have you been up to lately, Melinda? I haven’t “seen” you around much lately. Hope all is well. :)

:wave2: Hey Janice! I've been away for happy reasons - got married on May 27th so there was a lot going on! I put a couple pictures in the beginning of this post, one of the wedding day and one from our Disney photo shoot a week after the wedding (we spent the week after the wedding at Clearwater Beach, with one night at the Poly on our way home).

You know we can't stay away from our beloved Swolphin too long, will be back in November for the whole week of Thanksgiving! I can't wait!!!

Was not able to add on to an existing reservation for GF. Swan/Dolphin are fairly easy to identify on priceline/hotwire. Have seen low rates recently and went ahead and booked for $128 a night before taxes and resort fees. With a small coupon code that came to $722 all in for 4 nights. The best rate I could get directly otherwise was $198. Hate to forgo the points and benefits of our plat status but for $70 a night, I will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!