Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Assumption:
The lunch sandwiches, if they are the same-ish types of offering as at Fuel, are WAY better than they need to be at that price point. The sandwiches at Fuel are a hidden gem, but those who know about Swolphin are used to hearing about "hidden gems." I also usually shout from the rooftops that Kimonos is a hidden gem as well.
Yes, they looked like the same pre-made sandwiches as at Fuel - what I considered to be very good restaurant quality; they neither looked nor tasted like the mass-produced Disney sandwiches. The portions were generous and the pricing reasonable for the quality. The salads also were very good and fresh.

I think it was Traditional. With my status entitling me to an upgrade to a better view, etc., I requested a Boardwalk view, and possibly a balcony. I was so disappointed that I did not get a balcony. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that was my one and done, as far as being upgraded like that.
Did you put in a room request using the online concierge form? I just filled it out the other day, fingers crossed they received it and honor my requests.

Did you put in a room request using the online concierge form? I just filled it out the other day, fingers crossed they received it and honor my requests.
I don't remember if I called or sent in the request. Keep in mind, that my room requests are not always met. One time I asked for a Boardwalk view with my Gold status, and this was the view from my room:

Tried to make a list of questions that had been posted here. Sorry if I missed any!

Does QS or gift shop serve wine? Java has wine

Ice machines running? Are buckets available? Yes and yes. Buckets are in the room.

Do restaurants accept TIW? Not sure yet will report back.

Mickey shorts or resort info channels? No. No Must Do channel either.

Coffee makers in-room? Yes, small one cup Mr. Coffee.

Transportation options - Mears busses? Both Mears and Disney buses have been around the resort but the parks and DS buses have been only Disney buses so far in our experience.

Online menus accurate - yes.

No Disney gift cards accepted - this was news to me!

Thank you @hereforthechurros! I didn't know that about Disney gift cards either. Guess we'll have to use ours at the parks and resort restaurants.
Have you had any issues waiting on buses to the parks? Or have you not used them yet?
Buses are plentiful and empty so far. We have four more days so we’ll see if that changes. Lots of people checking in today. Mostly locals as every car has a Florida license plate. I expected a pretty empty resort but common areas and pool are decently busy.

Tried to make a list of questions that had been posted here. Sorry if I missed any!

Does QS or gift shop serve wine? Java has wine

Ice machines running? Are buckets available? Yes and yes. Buckets are in the room.

Do restaurants accept TIW? Not sure yet will report back.

Mickey shorts or resort info channels? No. No Must Do channel either.

Coffee makers in-room? Yes, small one cup Mr. Coffee.

Transportation options - Mears busses? Both Mears and Disney buses have been around the resort but the parks and DS buses have been only Disney buses so far in our experience.

Online menus accurate - yes.

No Disney gift cards accepted - this was news to me!
@hereforthechurros Thanks so much for the recon! Lots of great info. Could I ask you a few more questions? Wondering about the pool situation - are people wearing masks on the pool deck when not swimming? Also wondering about housekeeping - how often are they coming, and is it just a light cleaning like what other Disney hotels are doing? How busy overall does the hotel feel? And finally, did you send any room requests beforehand, and if so, were they honored? Thanks!

Oh no! Does anyone know when they got rid of the Must Dos? They still had it when I was there last right before Thanksgiving. I know it seems trivial but it’s kind of my tradition to watch them every trip.
I bet a lot of the 'must dos' are closed right now so maybe they aren't showing it for that reason?

The reference to Mears buses was related to temporary bus service to Epcot and HS while the Friendships were unavailable. Seems unlikely to me but still possible.

Next time you are at the Swan bus stop please take a look and see if bus transportation is listed for Epcot or HS.

Dave

@hereforthechurros Thanks so much for the recon! Lots of great info. Could I ask you a few more questions? Wondering about the pool situation - are people wearing masks on the pool deck when not swimming? Also wondering about housekeeping - how often are they coming, and is it just a light cleaning like what other Disney hotels are doing? How busy overall does the hotel feel? And finally, did you send any room requests beforehand, and if so, were they honored? Thanks!
Heading down to the pool as soon as this storm passes but when we walked by earlier the pool bar Splash was open and people on the pool deck in loungers and seated at the bar were not wearing masks.

Housekeeping comes every 4th day. You can call down for anything you may need before then.

We stayed here in January over a weekend and it feels like that stay. Not overly crowded but somewhat normal. You’ll most likely have to wait at the front desk and wait for an elevator but nothing too crazy. Doesn’t feel unsafe.

Thanks for reporting back.

FYI, I believe that Disney gift cards are accepted in the Swan gift shop, as well as at the Disney desk in the shop.
Definitely going to double check. We were told no twice now but perhaps just those places within the hotel don’t allow them.

We are also at the Swan and are checking out tomorrow to go to Saratoga Springs. I agree with hereforthechurros, it seems much busier today. Yesterday at the pool, folks were not wearing masks on the pool deck. Everyone in the pool stayed within their family groups and socially distanced. There was no ball play or playing around. FYI, there is no luggage transfer for split stays from Swan. Bell services says there aren't enough drivers for the luggage transfer service. Overall nice Swan stay with that great AP discount.

The reference to Mears buses was related to temporary bus service to Epcot and HS while the Friendships were unavailable. Seems unlikely to me but still possible.

Next time you are at the Swan bus stop please take a look and see if bus transportation is listed for Epcot or HS.

Dave
Saw a Mears to Hollywood Studios this evening so that may be correct.

You are talking about information, which early on was helpful and being discussed, not so much now. Mask compliance has gone from informational to condemning, name calling, and self-proclaimed righteousness. It is no longer a informational point but long anecdotal situations of bashing other people. Some people posting here seem to be more occupied with mask compliance than actually enjoying Disney.
Okay, sudden turn of events. We just canceled with only 2 days to go. My partner's mother was just diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. We just can't do Disney right now with everything going on plus having a close family member be immunocompromised. It was an easy call to make.

For those of you going, have a blast and eat an extra mickey pretzel for me.
Also, I think AP discount + first weekend of blackouts being lifted means all of Florida is at Swan. What started out as a normal day has turned very crowded. Long lines for elevators and packed lobby, restaurant waiting areas. Feeling a bit uncomfortable now.
I was so surprised at the crowds in the Swan lobby areas tonight when we got back from MK. It had been deserted, and I was wondering how the Swan could justify being open. Well, no more worries! The fifth floor I'm on now is very loud. Agree with Churro, a bit worrisome, and I don't know if Swan staff is ready to enforce its safety plans with such a sudden influx. Looking forward to Saratoga Springs which almost always seems to be in mid pandemic since it's always so quiet and empty. (It's huge!)

We are a family of 5 thinking about switching from CBR to the Dolphin and I’m wondering about that extra person fee which for Oct31-Nov7 they want to charge me $595! I’ve seen conflicting reports online about whether this is a glitch or not. Does anyone have any insight? If true it would not be worthwhile to move from CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!