Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@VeronicaZS You're best bet is to call S/D direct, there has been an ongoing issue with charging for more then 2 guests, however I think the fee of $25/night for over four is going to be assessed. But that $595 does sound like the problem others ran into, and that Marriott said was fixed months ago, but S/D does reverse that charge. You can call 407-934-4000 or 888-828-8850, probably best to ask for in-house reservations, just make sure you are talking with the actual S/D resort not a Marriott call center.

This is a nice recap of Swan/Dolphin dining options. Due to current conditions or being outdated, some info is not accurate; i.e., the Garden Grove no longer serves dinner.

https://www.disneyfanatic.com/dinin...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
If you want the latest dining information you should consider downloading the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin app to your smartphone.

It lists the current dining options, hours of operation and the menus for Garden Grove, Splash Pool Bar and Grill, II Mulino New York Trattoria and Kimonos.

Dave

Last edited:
We are a family of 5 thinking about switching from CBR to the Dolphin and I’m wondering about that extra person fee which for Oct31-Nov7 they want to charge me $595!
Call directly to the "in house" reservation number that @SteveH listed above. Also I think you might have miss-typed the extra person fee total. Yes it is being incorrectly applied for all 3 of your children but it should only be $525 (3 children x $25 per day for 7 days).

In your case you will have to pay a single $25 roll-away bed charge per for the extra bed. Also as a reminder the Swan & Dolphin charge a $30 per day resort fee which would be $210 for your length of stay. And finally DME service is not offered from the airport to the Swan & Dolphin.

Dave

Any reports about how the Swan is handling the weekend crowds today? The reports about uncomfortable conditions with crowding in the lobby, elevators, and general chaos yesterday evening have me concerned I made the wrong call about booking Swan over a Disney resort for our short trip next week.

We are a family of 5 thinking about switching from CBR to the Dolphin and I’m wondering about that extra person fee which for Oct31-Nov7 they want to charge me $595! I’ve seen conflicting reports online about whether this is a glitch or not. Does anyone have any insight? If true it would not be worthwhile to move from CBR.

Hi. The Dolphin does charge for extra people in the room. You are allowed two adults, and anyone 18 and above gets charged. They never used to charge for kids under 18, although probably would if it was a fifth person. Not sure if this addresses your question?

Edited to add that I didn't see Dave006 reply. Oops.

Any reports about how the Swan is handling the weekend crowds today? The reports about uncomfortable conditions with crowding in the lobby, elevators, and general chaos yesterday evening have me concerned I made the wrong call about booking Swan over a Disney resort for our short trip next week.
Yesterday was a special Friday since there are extreme discounts at the Swan and Season Pass block out dates ended which combined to have a surge of guests all arriving at almost the same time.

The rooms have been $99 - $116 per night and this attracts lots of Floridians since the Block Out dates for APs ended on Thursday, Aug 6th. Mostly a long weekend surge.

Dave

Thanks for reporting back.

FYI, I believe that Disney gift cards are accepted in the Swan gift shop, as well as at the Disney desk in the shop.
Confirmed that the gift shop is the only place they are accepted. Not a huge help. And still not actually the Swan accepting them as the gift shop is operated by Disney.

We just snagged a great senior rate at the Dolphin for a Resort view with a balcony
$251 per night
I looked at the website - it was 25% off, same rate you can get with AAA (which we have) and Military.
RN's can get more off - but then we would have to bring our DD - who is a RN and her boyfriend
May 26 - April 2, 2021

5 days park hopping I hope
So will we be looking at a room in the inner wings ?
Should we ask for an upper floor ?
From the balcony - could we see the boats go by ?

Last edited:
Checked in today and the hotel is very busy. When we arrived there were 8 parties ahead of us waiting to be checked in. It took 20-30 minutes because it seemed like all the people in front of us were having some problem. Our room was not ready when we arrived but I didn’t expect it to be. We are also on the 5th floor and I agree that it is loud. Lots of kids running down the hall yelling. My son even complained that it was loud and he’s a kid!

Checked in today and the hotel is very busy. When we arrived there were 8 parties ahead of us waiting to be checked in. It took 20-30 minutes because it seemed like all the people in front of us were having some problem. Our room was not ready when we arrived but I didn’t expect it to be. We are also on the 5th floor and I agree that it is loud. Lots of kids running down the hall yelling. My son even complained that it was loud and he’s a kid!

Checked in today at 1:30. Definitely busy but not crowded. Room was ready so headed down to the pool. Grotto pool was crowded but found chairs. Note the grotto pool is cut in half right now. Everything past the slide is still blocked off. Swan lap pool was busy when we left around 5. Came back from EPCOT at around 8:30 and il mulino was mobbed. They are doing a take out menu which was nice. Brought some grub up to the room and had to wait a few minutes for the elevator. Everyone was practicing social distancing and where doing one party per elevator. Sitting on my balcony it looks like the hotel might be around 90% full.

We are here, too, and it's very busy. We never could find chairs at grotto pool so stuck w lap pool. Elevator line tonight was long so we folded up the stroller and took the stairs. Thankfully we are only on 2.

Our room was ready at 930am when we arrived, and there was no line then. We had to squeeze our way through the crowd by the coffee shop that early. Line was long + people were trying to eat anywhere they could find a spot. Lobby has been fine during the day but as mentioned, crowded after park closing.

Honestly, this may be the busiest I have seen it.

We are a family of 5 thinking about switching from CBR to the Dolphin and I’m wondering about that extra person fee which for Oct31-Nov7 they want to charge me $595! I’ve seen conflicting reports online about whether this is a glitch or not. Does anyone have any insight? If true it would not be worthwhile to move from CBR.
When I last stayed in November, the app said that I was going to be charged $400 for extra people at the Dolphin even though we are a family of 4 ( 2 adults and 2 children). I went to the front desk and there was no charge showing on their end. I checked a few times and was never actually charged even though the app kept showing it.
I’m hoping yours is just a glitch too!

We are here, too, and it's very busy. We never could find chairs at grotto pool so stuck w lap pool. Elevator line tonight was long so we folded up the stroller and took the stairs. Thankfully we are only on 2.

Our room was ready at 930am when we arrived, and there was no line then. We had to squeeze our way through the crowd by the coffee shop that early. Line was long + people were trying to eat anywhere they could find a spot. Lobby has been fine during the day but as mentioned, crowded after park closing.

Honestly, this may be the busiest I have seen it.
@Aimeedyan thanks for the info, will be arriving Friday morning, hopefully our room is ready too! Did you make a room request or let them know ahead that you would be arriving early? Question about taking the stairs - can you take them up from the lobby or just down from your room? I think someone said you could only go down on them. I requested a high floor room but would switch to a low floor if the stairs are open at ground floor...

@Aimeedyan thanks for the info, will be arriving Friday morning, hopefully our room is ready too! Did you make a room request or let them know ahead that you would be arriving early? Question about taking the stairs - can you take them up from the lobby or just down from your room? I think someone said you could only go down on them. I requested a high floor room but would switch to a low floor if the stairs are open at ground floor...
While waiting tonight asked about stairs and was told there was no access from the ground floor up only from your room down. Wait for elevator was 5-10 minute so it wasn’t that bad.

I filled out the online concierge room request form this past week and noticed it said “temporarily unavailable.” I am worried this means they did not receive the form. Should I call guest services to follow up and ensure that the request was attached to my reservation, or just ask when we check in? We arrive this Friday 😊

We looked into taking the stairs too because when we came back from dinner the line for the elevator was backed up all the way to the swan fountain in the lobby area. We were told no stair access too. The elevator line took about ten minutes and it wasn’t a bad wait because everyone in line was equally shocked at its length and we met some nice people while waiting. 😀
As far as the room request goes, we made one asking for a high floor facing Epcot. We got the 5th floor facing the construction for the new hotel. It is fine because we are not planning to be in the room much but we booked one of the highest category rooms on the Marriott website and this view is definitely not what I was expecting.

Stairs have worked going up and down all day for us. We just tried it on a whim and the doors are all unlocked. We used them to/from the pool, too.

We did not tell them when we were arriving and didn't make any requests in advance. At the desk I asked if she happened to have any kings, since I couldn't book one online, and she found us one.

Checked in today at 1:30. Definitely busy but not crowded. Room was ready so headed down to the pool. Grotto pool was crowded but found chairs. Note the grotto pool is cut in half right now. Everything past the slide is still blocked off. Swan lap pool was busy when we left around 5. Came back from EPCOT at around 8:30 and il mulino was mobbed. They are doing a take out menu which was nice. Brought some grub up to the room and had to wait a few minutes for the elevator. Everyone was practicing social distancing and where doing one party per elevator. Sitting on my balcony it looks like the hotel might be around 90% full.
When you have a chance would you mind posting a little about how the Il Mulino take out menu? I was hoping they’d do something like this - I love their food but we aren’t comfortable eating inside restaurants. My questions are how do you order, where do you wait, is the full menu available, etc.

Stairs have worked going up and down all day for us. We just tried it on a whim and the doors are all unlocked. We used them to/from the pool, too.

We did not tell them when we were arriving and didn't make any requests in advance. At the desk I asked if she happened to have any kings, since I couldn't book one online, and she found us one.
@Aimeedyan Thanks for the info - now I’m really torn! Originally I wanted a low floor room, close to exit to pool. Are you in the side “arm” near the pool since you mentioned using the stairs for the pool? Then I thought a higher floor would be quieter, but the elevator situation sounds annoying. Strange how several other people there now say you can’t go up the stairs. If access changes, could you please update? Thanks!

When we were leaving this morning at 9, we found a pretty substantial line waiting for the elevators on the 5th floor. The people at the front of the line said they had been waiting about 20 minutes (they were checking out and had lots of bags) and that every elevator that stopped had people on it so they couldn’t get on. We found the stairs and were able to take them down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!