Walt E Disney biography

skipfierce

Mouseketeer
Can someone recomend a good biographical book about Walter Elias Disney? Did he ever do an autobiography? Thanks!

I heard there is the Art of Walt Disney and one that is daughter Sharon wrote.

Walt never did an autobiography. I don't think he realized how young an age he was going die.

I've read "Walt Disney: An American Original" by Bob Thomas and enjoyed it. The book is a bit old now (probably 20 years) but is still available.

Art of Walt Disney is the one I've read (I think that's the name anyway, it's been awhile)...It's a huge books with tons of amazing art work from the movies, shows, his newspaper work, etc...and also has a lot of biographical info. It basically starts at the beginning of his life and carries on from there. I picked it up from the library a few years ago. It's a gorgeous book, so much fun to look through!

So I just finished "Walt Disney: An American Original" and I must say, it is a very good book. So much information about the man. He really was an amazing person. Now I may have to check out "The Art of Walt Disney" I keep hearing about.

I've read the Thomas book too. Rembering Walt: Favorite Memories of Walt Disney by Amy Boothe Green and Howard E Green is a lighter read but has fun memories. Jim Korkis has a series called The Vault of Walt. It isn't exclusively about Walt but there are good stories. And Walt's daughter helped to put together a photo book: Walt Disney His Life in Pictures.
There have been some recent books on Walt's early days:
Walt Disney's Missouri by burnes, Butler, and Vites
Walt Before Micke by Susanin
Walt in Wonderland

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter