Walt's Barn

PixiDustDears

Mouseketeer
Our vacation this year is going to be a bit of a rout 66 road trip but we do want to do something Disney related. We've always talked about going to Walts Barn at Griffiths Park. The web site says the 3rd Sunday of every month so I'm assuming June 17th (fathers day)? Any tips to make the best of it? I'm planning on it being very busy so we'll probably get to the park early even though the barn doesn't open til 11. Thanks!

Are you going to be doing a lot before and after? I would recommend Bob Gurr's Waltland Bus Tour, but that goes from 10am-3pm and is kind of pricey. However, it always guarantees you access to the barn. He only does the tours on the day the barn is open (every third Sunday). However, if you just wanted to go alone, I would get there as early as you can because it tends to get VERY crowded. But, if you wanted to make the most out of the trip there and you don't mind the crowds, get there I believe between 1-2. That way, you might get a chance to meet Bob Gurr also without paying for the bus tour. It's pretty much just pick whichever one you wanted most. When the barn gets crowded you can't stop and meander. They will rush you right through it. However, if you get there early enough you will probably get to take your time. Also, don't rule out taking a ride on one of the trains. The people who built them are always delighted to have passengers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!