Want to stay at a Deluxe resort? Interested in renting DVC points in 2005?

Halo

Sic transit gloria mundi
Want to stay at a Deluxe resort? Interested in renting DVC points?
We have to reschedule our planned holiday in Easter 2005 to Easter 2006 as we have a new baby on the way :love: HOWEVER we have 389 DVC points that need to be used up before the end of November '05. So... we would like to rent our DVC points for £5.34 per point ($10.00).

As an indication of possible savings, I will set out the rack rates (without the tax) from the internet for a studio room sleeping up to four people at three resorts for the month of October. Alongside each resort I have set out the points required for a week in a studio for the same month and next to that the cost in sterling of the required number of points.

Every studio comes equipped with a sink, fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee-maker, paper plates and plastic silverware, “Fairy” liquid, sponge for washing (paper!) dishes (LOL), kitchen roll, iron and board, vacuum cleaner and baby play pen/cot. I would have look into that last item more thoroughly if anyone was interested. The bathroom has an over-the-bath shower. Also there is bath soap, towels, shampoo and coffee. There is one large (5ft I think) bed and one double sofa-bed, a small table and two chairs, remote control TV/video player and aircon. Each balcony has a tiny white plastic coffee table and two white plastic garden chairs.

As there are "Home away from Home" resorts, there is no maid service, although there is a "trash and towel" service half way through a week and I think the bed linen is changed.

There are larger accommodations available but obviously these cost more.

Old Key West ---- $254 per night= 82 points = £438 per week.
Beach Club Villas - $289 per night = 106 points = £566 per week.
Board Walk Villas - $289 = 87 points (Standard View) = £465 per week.

These prices are for Studios - with 389 points you could get 1 or 2 bedrooms (sleeps 8).

If anyone is interested in renting points, I would try to make the reservation they wanted in their name, send them the paper reservation confirmation, and, of course, I would like to receive a cheque in payment!

Please send me a PM if I can help.

(With Thanks to Jan - whose wording I copied from a previous posting :blush: )

Think this should be on trade ore rent board?

Hi Paul,

I thought I would offer them to UK members first - if none fancy it I will post on the main board rent/trade board instead.

Regards.

Just to clarify - UK rent/trade posts are okay on the UK DVC board. There's a 'stuck' post about it at the top of the board which says:
snip..... In response to some UK DISers who have expressed an interest in renting / trading with others in the UK, we are happy to accept posts on the UK DVC board for that purpose.....snip

Hope you're successful :)

no prob thought that you would get more people wanting them on the outher board
Paulh

I wish I could as I am using far too many points already this year!!

Thank you for offering them here first, I think that's really nice of you :) :)

Hi. I will need points for an April visit to Wilderness Lodge Villas. I will send you a PM. Kristen

I still have availability if anyone would like to PM me.

PM send about may

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter