Wanting to plan a Seaworld/Aquatica trip for 2021

MommyinHonduras

DIS Veteran
Wanting to start dreaming of a trip that would not look like 2020. Hoping by next Spring/Summer things will be different. Since we live outside of the US I will not actually be able to book anything but want to get some details worked out.

1st is recommendations on where to stay. My one trip I stayed at Doubletree and walked or took the bus to both parks and feel a bit spoiled. But this next trip with DH and 4 kiddos. DD 16, DD14, DS 12 and DD10. We need space, 3 real beds Queens/Kings and a 4th sofa bed sofa bed and a full kitchen and resort amenities. I do not want to drive much so want within 10 minutes of the parks (or on the iRide trolly route maybe?) Here are a few I am looking at. 1} Hilton Grand at Seaworld. Has the size, polls and Seaworld perks and option for packages for the 14 day tickets with parking. Seems to have good reviews, great location. Only Negative is about $280 a night with taxes and resort fee. With package you get 5th night free, so that helps. One week with 14 days tickets and All Day Dine two days is around $2700 2) Vista Cay. Space. location, options for 3 or 4 bedrooms. Negatives-Not as resorty, more apartment complex like. 3) Open to thoughts and options. We stayed at Bonnet Creek for a Disney Vacation and loved it as another reference.

2nd. We can get the 4 parks tickets. Would you recommend we stay a few days by Busch Gardens or take the bus over a few days? We are still debating rental car as it is quite a bit for a family of 6 and needing to purchase insurance. But we have friends that depending on timing might let us borrow one and that will change lots of things.

3rd, trampoline parks and roller skating rinks near by?

4th Anything you just love to recommend to anyone! Restaurants, add ons that wont break the bank for 6 at one of the parks, good vibes for 2021 being better than 2020....

My personal pick would be to stay in the Busch Gardens area for a few days. Busch Gardens is definitely not a one day park and the drive gets old really quickly if you are doing a few days.

I can't speak to anything else you mentioned. We travel in a party of 7 and have found the transition to an offsite house rental has been ideal for us.

My personal pick would be to stay in the Busch Gardens area for a few days. Busch Gardens is definitely not a one day park and the drive gets old really quickly if you are doing a few days.

I can't speak to anything else you mentioned. We travel in a party of 7 and have found the transition to an offsite house rental has been ideal for us.
What neighborhoods/areas have you stayed in and liked?

What neighborhoods/areas have you stayed in and liked?

We have stayed in Indian Creek twice and would not hesitate to stay in that area again. Proximity to parks is amazing, especially if using the shortcut.

We are booked to stay in the Oakwater Resort in 2021 - if that trip happens. I would absolutely pick any of the neighbourhoods around the new Wal-Mart on Old Lake Wilson and always hear good things about Windsor Hills.

As we go to central florida a few times year I think we have stayed everywhere..
Our favorite is Sheraton vistana idrive.. it is really close to seaworld, you can take itrolly there if you cant/ dont want to drive.
They have separate living rooms full kitchen washer dryer all in the unit they have there own thread on here under orlando hotels.
We do rent car because after I add up the ride from the airport both ways etc it is cheaper to rent a car... it is cheaper to rent a car off site instead of at the terminal and take a shuttle to the rental center I cant say what companies rent with foreign DL so I will leave that to someone else.
We go to seaworld and busch gardens 2 days each and 1 aquatica. .. you can get a free ride to busch gardens from seaworld parking lot.. it's really nice not dealing with driving part.

We go to seaworld and busch gardens 2 days each and 1 aquatica. .. you can get a free ride to busch gardens from seaworld parking lot.. it's really nice not dealing with driving part.

Yes, a nice option for sure.

The only reason we don't opt for it is you are stuck with their times. I didn't like the idea of not being there for park opening or not being able to leave if family member X or Y was done or needed something.

Have you looked into getting Discovery Cove tickets? They can be packaged with 14 days admission to SW, Aquatica, and BG with parking included for all. Works out to a relatively cheap way to add DC, which is a fantastic park.

BG is definitely worth 2 days if your crew likes to ride stuff. It might be worth doing an overnight at a hotel closer to Tampa, but the drive is really not bad.

Have you looked into getting Discovery Cove tickets? They can be packaged with 14 days admission to SW, Aquatica, and BG with parking included for all. Works out to a relatively cheap way to add DC, which is a fantastic park.

BG is definitely worth 2 days if your crew likes to ride stuff. It might be worth doing an overnight at a hotel closer to Tampa, but the drive is really not bad.
Thanks! It does not seem like too bad a drive and lodging choices do not seem that great close to the park but leaning towards 2 days also. Our family is probably one of the few that DC holds no draw as we live on the tropical island of Roatan and snorkeling the 2nd largest reef is a part of our normal life :)

we live on the tropical island of Roatan and snorkeling the 2nd largest reef is a part of our normal life :)

Well that sounds like paradise. No wonder DC holds no draw if you can experience the real deal any time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!