WARNING-Laser Pointer incident in 2000 Loop

Breezy2

Adventurer
Wednesday night around 9:00 we were riding our bikes thru the Group Camping path, behind the Comfort Station, back to our site in the 2000 loop. The campers next to us who were watching their “outdoor movie” pointed a “green laser pointer” at us as we passed their site. This is an extremely dangerous behavior on their part but I’d like to give them the benefit of the doubt that they were trying to keep us away from the back of their site and the hammocks they had hanging in the trees. But later the banging on our camper as we were going to sleep was just another example of bad camping neighbors. The incident has been emailed to the manager of The Fort as at the time it was obvious we didn’t need to escalate their dangerous inconsiderate behavior. I would like to see The Fort have a rule concerning laser pointers including a lifetime ban from DW. Harsh, yes, but a major safety issue for fellow campers.

Ouch, the laser pointer i would chalk up to kids. But banging on my camper would be grounds for me to loose my disney freindleness. Sorry it happened. And glad you kept tour cool better then i would have.

Interestingly enough, I've emailed The Fort manager before and received a very quick response. This time, silence so far. I'm assuming this is because it's given them something very serious to think about and is a topic of discussion amongst management. Yes, I agree, probably just kid antics, but it was a mixed group of adults/kids so go figure. In any event, not funny, dangerous, and disconcerting. Hopefully, bringing this to their attention will result in some sort of action on their part, deter this type of behaviour, and increase the safety and enjoyment of our fellow campers.

Never underestimate Disney managements willingness to do nothing.

Saw it this past summer at Disneyland. We had reserved seating for Fantasmic. Guy sitting in the front with his wife or GF had stuff spread out taking up 5 spots in total and people were looking to sit down and the guy would not move his stuff. They asked a supervisor for help getting him to move his stuff and the supervisor said "nothing I can do about it." The person was rightfully pissed and gave the supervisor an earful. Basically saying them you are will to have paying customers pissed off because you won't do a damn thing. The people ended up wedging themselves very close to the guy and pushing his stuff over a little bit. I though they were going to throw the guys stuff into The Rivers Of The Americas for a min.

I’m so sorry because I know this may just be complete ignorance on my part, but is there some significance to the laser thing? Other than just annoying? I’m assuming there must be because of what you’re saying but I guess I’m clueless. And it’s possible others are as well, so maybe it was just kids playing with them?

@serenitygr Yes, they can be quite dangerous, and are quite against the law to point at people, airplanes, etc. Surely you have seen the news reports regarding them.
@Tallis I agree with you. Whoever it was banging on OP camper should not have been inside the boundaries of OP site! Wonder what they were up to?

I'm really curious about them banging on your camper. Did you go out and see what the problem was? Nobody should have even been inside the boundaries of your site, let along banging on your camper. This concerns me way more than the laser pointer incident.
"Kids/adults being kids" Their outdoor movie was over, they noisely walked between our two sites as they were leaving, banged on our camper, I actually opened a window and said, "hello" which I'm sure they heard, and we watched them walk to their families adjoining campsite laughing all the way. Just another example of bad camping neighbors with no clue of camping etiquette.

@serenitygr Yes, they can be quite dangerous, and are quite against the law to point at people, airplanes, etc. Surely you have seen the news reports regarding them.
Well now, if I had, I wouldn’t have asked the question . Here in northern Minnesota we spend more time shoveling snow than keeping updated on world events 😜

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts