NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

Oh, I'm not sure everyone wants an A from the get go necessarily... our fav 9 is B for instance, and 11C on the newer ships. Midship and low works best for us price versus room, and sometimes you just can't rationalize a few extra hundred dollars for a room just a little ways away. Far more important to me is finding a cabin that is reviewed as being very quiet. Sometimes you can move up a cat and have a worse room, it just depends. For instance we sailed concierge for the first time in January and we hated the room sine the chairs above us scraped all the time and made a lot of noise during the day.
I've decided when I sail on the Magic or Wonder I'm bringing ear plugs. Our last cruise on the Wonder was a mid ship inside and we had this weird cracking noise that started at one end of the ceiling and moved across....over and over again. Our last cruise on the Magic was a mid ship verandah same deck and the ceiling was separating and kept making this click click click noise all night. We've also had noise free rooms on both these ships.. I won't mention the AC and plumbing issues. These ships are 20 years old so it is to be expected. I'm just going to be prepared next time.

I've decided when I sail on the Magic or Wonder I'm bringing ear plugs. Our last cruise on the Wonder was a mid ship inside and we had this weird cracking noise that started at one end of the ceiling and moved across....over and over again. Our last cruise on the Magic was a mid ship verandah same deck and the ceiling was separating and kept making this click click click noise all night. We've also had noise free rooms on both these ships.. I won't mention the AC and plumbing issues. These ships are 20 years old so it is to be expected. I'm just going to be prepared next time.

Oh, how I love earplugs..! There weren't chairs scraping at night anyway but I tend to sleep with them on ships and in most hotels as I am a light sleeper. At home I dislike using them because if there is a noise then well.. I WANT to wake up and deal with it! :scared:

hello all...still no sign of a northbound california coast cruise...any ideas/confirmation regarding this trip (San Diego back to Vancouver) in May 2019?
maybe we'll watch for the september or......push for 2020....ugh.
thanks!

New to the boards, but have found this to be very helpful as I plan out my next cruise. How confident are the dates for the next release? it seems such a small window compared to the first two.

New to the boards, but have found this to be very helpful as I plan out my next cruise. How confident are the dates for the next release? it seems such a small window compared to the first two.

Disney can, and does, change as they see fit. Its just a best guess based on the last few years' releases.

UPDATE 3/20/2018: A new 2020 thread will start when the last batch of 2019 cruises has been released.

UPDATE 3/1/2018:

Summer was just announced. Link: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/featured/2019-castaway-club-member-advance-booking/

This is the place where we can keep an eye out for the releases of the 2019 Disney Cruise Line itineraries.

It is difficulty to predict, when new itineraries will be released. Over the last few years, DCL seems to have adopted a pattern to release the new cruises in three batches:

• "Winter": first cruise in the new year up to April/May (not including spring Panama Canal and Transatlantic)
  • "Summer": about May to August/September (not including fall Panama Canal and Transatlantic).
  • "Fall": September until the end of the year (ending with the last cruise starting in the old year).

The booking schedule has changed as of May 2017 and will go as follows

Day 1: Platinum Booking (only by phone)
Day 2: Gold Booking (only by phone)
Day 3: Silver Booking (only by phone)
Day 4: General public can book, cruises will be available over the internet

As was seen with the Fall 2018 release, which was the first one to follow the new schedule, the release date for information on the new itineraries was on a Thursday with booking starting for Platinum Booking on the following Monday.

On the booking days for Castaway Club members only booking via phone is available, no online booking. Online booking opens sometime in the morning of the general public booking day, usually a little before the phone lines open.

We usually had a thread going on the former booking day for Gold and Platinum Castaway Club members where those who have gotten info on prices when calling DCL can post their information for others to get an idea of what prices they have to expect. I hope we will continue this tradition, especially since there now will be three days of booking access only via phone with no ability to quickly check prices online.

Of course it is always possible that DCL changes it up! There have been different ways of releasing cruises (by ships, no early booking benefit for Gold and Platinum Castaway Club members, no announcement etc.).

But, looking at historic evidence from the 2015 through 2017 releases my guess (and that is all that it is!!!) would be the following:

Fall 2019: anytime between May 10, 2018 and May 17, 2018
Winter 2020: anytime between September 28, 2018 and November 9, 2018
Summer 2020: anytime between February 15, 2019 and April 5, 2019

Thank you. I'm following for Fall 2019.

Disney can, and does, change as they see fit. Its just a best guess based on the last few years' releases.

Yes, it is just a guess bassed on previous years' experience. The interesting thing about the release dates for the end of the year is that the last years it always was around the middle of May. The other dates have moved around quite a bit, but this kept to the same time frame. That's why the window is so short. Of course, Disney could change up things this year, that is always an option.

I see a lot of people been wondering when the rest of the year is going to come out. My best guess is may 14 platinum may 15 gold may 16 silver dvc members and may 17 everyone. How do I know this is because I will be on vacation at that time at wdw. This is the luck I have. Count on it.

hello all...still no sign of a northbound california coast cruise...any ideas/confirmation regarding this trip (San Diego back to Vancouver) in May 2019?
thanks!

Yes, this! Any ideas? Anybody? My son is looking at this cruise as part of his honeymoon.

thanks!

Rumor has it, it may be a DVC Member cruise.....but it's rumor.....

Joining thread, waiting for 2020 dates :-):P:D

My best guess is sep 24 platinum sept 25 gold sept 26 silver and dvc members and sept 27 everyone. How do I know this once again my luck I will be on a DCL cruise at this time. Just like in my previous post where they will probably come out with the rest of 2019 when I’m at wdw. Only time will tell.

Currently on the Dream. Booked a placeholder this morning, and was told not to expect fall 2019 sailings to be announced until June/July. Still hoping to hear something sooner, but we'll see...

If I’m looking for a cruise for 4 adults with my placeholder that could start between January 2 and January 12, 2020....

Should I use the placeholder in October when the January 2020 prices are announced?
Or
Keep looking for OGT around $3500 that could be a better price than first day bookings?

I’m picking January for the deepest discounts and still get DD back to collage before Jan 22.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts