Water bottles and sandwich containers

8earsoverDL

Earning My Ears
Hello,

We are planning a trip in May to celebrate our youngest's high school graduation. It has been many years since we have been there, and I am trying to get caught up on all the changes. I have a couple of questions that I have not seen any recent answers to. Please forgive me if I missed them somewhere and this is a repeat post. We are going to be very budget conscious, and are planning to bring our own snacks and water bottles in the park with us. I know this is still allowed, but my question is about the containers. The website says no glass containers. Are stainless steel water bottles allowed. I know there was a discussion about soda cans not being allowed at times, and I want to make sure we do not have any trouble. Also, what about plastic sandwich boxes with the blue ice in the lid? If they do not like opaque containers, would it be better to just use baggies? A smashed sandwich may not be as appetizing, but it is still edible, and we will go that route if we need to. Thank you for your help!

Hello,

We are going to be very budget conscious, and are planning to bring our own snacks and water bottles in the park with us. I know this is still allowed, but my question is about the containers. The website says no glass containers. Are stainless steel water bottles allowed. I know there was a discussion about soda cans not being allowed at times, and I want to make sure we do not have any trouble. Also, what about plastic sandwich boxes with the blue ice in the lid? If they do not like opaque containers, would it be better to just use baggies? A smashed sandwich may not be as appetizing, but it is still edible, and we will go that route if we need to. Thank you for your help!

I always being my lunch and I only ever use a plastic carrier bag and plastic baggies. I’ve seen metal water jugs in the park in recent months so I think those should be alright. Have a great time!

Sandwich boxes and ice packs are fine. This isn't the TSA.

Any drink container other than glass is okay.

"this isn't the TSA"...hahaha that made me laugh out loud.

Even though they aren't the TSA, most food stuff is fine...

weirdly, we had a small bungee cord wrapped around our stroller handle once, and we were using it to keep all of our jackets tight against the stroller handle instead of dragging on the ground, etc. that got confiscated...our bungee cord was a weapon I guess?

Thank you for the responses. It is very helpful. We are so excited for this trip, and we are learning so much from all of you. Thanks!

...our bungee cord was a weapon I guess?
It isn't always a question of weapons, but sometimes things that can be used or have been used to vandalize rides. Sad, but there you go... We had a roll of wide tape in our dance bag once and had a very hard time convincing security to let us bring it through. The CMs said that guests use duct tape to vandalize rides (how?) and they had never heard of dancers using tape on the soles of their shoes to make their shoes more slippery. In the end, we got through, but it was crazy.

We were at the parks yesterday and we filled up our aluminum water bottles at the Rancho restaurant in Frontierland. The water station was outside. We also found a coke machine to fill up with in the White Water Snakcs quick service restaurant at the Grand Californian!

Since they don’t check bags at the gate anymore the restrictions are less than they use to be. If I walk in with a water bottle they have no clue if I’m going into the park or just to sit in the downtown Disney shopping center while the family shops.

We were at the parks yesterday and we filled up our aluminum water bottles at the Rancho restaurant in Frontierland. The water station was outside. We also found a coke machine to fill up with in the White Water Snakcs quick service restaurant at the Grand Californian!

There are tons of places you can fill up a water bottle. I will list the ones I use frequently:

DL park:
Self serve soda fountain inside Pizza Planet/Pizza Port
Filtered water spout inside the dining area at Red Rose Tavern (ask for a cup of ice at the counter if you want some)
Filtered water spout at Galactic Grill
Filtered water spout at Rancho del Zocalo (can go inside to get ice from the self serve soda fountain)

DCA:
Coke freestyle machine outside across from Smokejumpers Grill
Self serve soda fountain inside Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta
Flora's V8 cafe gives out LARGE cups of ice water, so I grab a couple to fill up my bottle

Resorts:
Grand Californian has a coke freestyle machine inside White Water Snacks

We always bring subway it seems to not smash as easily ..lol the reason there is no glass is cause it breaks and they dont want broken glass. I think any other bottle is fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter