water mice boats

You can find out for sure on http://www.wdwig.com. I was on there earlier to find out myself, and I think it was $22.00 for a half an hour. (I can't believe I forgot already.)

WAS JUST CHECKING OUT THE SAME THING - UNFORUNATELY MY KIDS ARE 5 AND 6 SOUND LIKE FUN - LISA

Boating at Captain Jack's Marina

Peppy individual water craft--called "Water Mice", canopy boats and family sized pontoon boat rentals. Minimum age is 12 and at least 5 feet tall for "Water Mice" rentals. The marina opens at 10:00 am and closing time is seasonal. One time use lockers are available for 50cents. For information call 407-828-2204. Prices as of January 2002, remember to add on the 6% tax.

Water Mouse: $20.75 - 1/2 hour

I believe it is in Downtown Disney. Captain Jacks is a restaurant there and there is a marina too.

The Water Mice are one of the best things to do in WDW! I think they are like $20 / 1/2 hour and like $30 for an hour.

We rented watermice for 20.00 per half hour. Hint: the ones at downtown disney are SLOW. If you are looking for something a little zippier, try Wilderness Lodge or Contemporary. Just a warning though. I rented one for the first time. A huge boat passed by me, and a wave washed over my boat. Got really, really wet!

TO THE MUSES:

That is 12 years old to DRIVE the boat. Your kids can be passengers--I'm pretty sure.

My problem is that my DH has a business meeting. I thought I'd take my boys (7 and 9), but I would need my husband there, as I'm pretty sure only two people fit.

We rented them at GF on our honeymoon trip (about a million years ago LOL). We had an absolute ball!

I started to doubt my information, so I got out the books. Couldn't find much in the Unofficial Guide, but I found this in a 2000 Birnbaum's:

Water Mouse boats can be rented at the GF, Poly, WL, Contem, Y&BC, FW, CB and DD marinas. When weather is warm, lines usually form about 11:00 a.m. and remain fairly constant until about 4:00 p.m. The minimum rental age is 12, except at Marketplace where the min is 14. Kids under the min may ride as passengers but are not allowed to drive.

At the Contemp marina, even zippier boats called Searaiders may be rented for about $37 per half hour. Accommodating up to three people, Searaiders can attain speeds up to 30 miles per hour; riders must be 18 to drive. Spincraft speedboats (slightly slower than Water Mouse boats may be rented at Coronado Springs (about $11 per half hour, $17 per hour). The min age to rent is 12.

Now don't forget this is from the 2000 edition of Birnbaum's so things may have changed. The Searaider may be something for me and the kids. I'm going to start a new thread to see if they are still around.

I've seen in some pictures of POR there are boats that can be rented there. Are the water mice there, too? If you can rent them at POR, can you take them to Downtown Disney? Where would you take the boats that you can rent there?

They are very fun... if you are lite. The heavier you are the harder it is for them to hydroplane. I suggest you go to the contemporary and use the seven seas lagoon. I have gone to all the other places and enjoy there the most. I love those they are such a fun thing to do if you dont have anything like that around you.
~Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter