Water Parks

justjulie

<font color=teal>I got it, I got it !<br><font col
My friend has asked me to "ask the Experts" ....

What water park would you suggest for two boys (ages 4 and 6) who will be taking their first trip to WDW?

Thanks everyone!

typhoon lagoon, it has a wave pool, lazy river,small raft rides , family raft ride , snorkling with live fish and sand, lots of it.
blizzard beach has more adult raft rides and big slides, it does have a few small tube rides and little slides. i like typhoon for small kids and blizzard beach for the teens, but you really have to try both because they are both great. never been to river country, because you havte to go to the fort wilderness resort and take a bus there, sounds like to much of a hassal.
also make sure you check out what waterparks are open and the times its open, at what time of year. for instance all waterparks are closed except for typhoon lagoon in the whole month of marh.
hope that helps:smooth:

I like Blizzard Beach for those ages because there are more tube rides and a few of them have double tubes so if a child is hesitant they can ride down with an adult.

There's also a fun area called Ski Patrol Training Camp, and while a few things may be too hard for the 4 year old, my son has loved it since he was about 6. The family raft ride at BB is a real winner!

TL is a great park too, and the wave pool is terrific. But many of the slides are body slide and some have height requirements. Disney has done a beautiful job with both parks; you really can't go wrong with either.

Both are great. For two young boys, flip a coin. For my money, I like TL better. It has more of a tropical island getaway feel. I wish I was there right now. :D

I think both waterparks are open as of March 1st.. Blizzard beach is under rehab until then.

I prefer TL lagoon but I honestly think you can't go wrong with either one of them. Your best bet is at some point in your future travels is to try both & make your own decision.

BTW - River Country is closed indefinitely, which is where I would have told you to go first because it is such a small park. It is great for kids that are your ages! I'm still bummed that it is closed. :(

I would recommend BB. There are a few slides there that you go down on a foam toboggan. This means you do not go under at the end, a child that age can float on it. There are also toboggan races with no deep pool at the end. My son loved both of these.

While both parks are enjoyable. we prefer BB. My boys have always prefered the kiddie things there and we all very much prefer the family raft ride at BB over the one at TL.

I also think BB would be better for that age. The family raft ride is great. The one at TL is a joke. TL main pool alternates between small waves and the one big wave. When they are on the big wave it is just too much small kids. BB also has the ski lift so the little legs do not have to climb as much. Don't get me wrong the kids will have a blast at either park. I just think BB has more that small kids can do with there parents.

My boys were 9,7, and 3 1/2 on our last trip and they LOVED Typhoon Lagoon. It was the high point of an 11 day trip that included all 4 Disney parks US/IOA and Sea World.

My little one never wanted to leave Ketch-a-Kiddie Creek!

We even changed our itinerary (gasp) to include extra time at TL!

We go to WDW for DS birthday. This year 11/13/02 he turned four. He loves BB. Went on just about all the slides over and over again. Last year he did mostly the kid size stuff. He is not very brave when it comes to rides either. Wont go on splash mountain, or BTMRR, but went right to the top of toboggin racers, looked down at the drop, grabbed his mat and away he went. I was having second thoughts before I saw him go. He wants to go to BB for 2 days next year!:Pinkbounc

I went to both and while I didn't have kids with me, I noticed that there were many more scared children in that age range at TL than at BB. For the K-3 age kids who are too big for the kiddie play areas, TL has more scary stuff (massive whitewater waves, underwater breathing with snorkels, slides that dunk at the end) and too few other things.

Though BB has the reputation of being the faster and wilder park, it at least has plenty of rides that younger kids can do while feeling secure -- hanging on to a raft or a parent or both. And the wave pool is more gentle and less crowded.

Plus, the family raft ride at BB is much longer and more fun, and you don't have to tote the giant raft up the hill yourself. Kids that age loved the family raft ride, and never had to give a second glance at the monster slides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter